Mistweaver Stats, PLEASE help.

90 Blood Elf Monk
I'm seriously losing my mind here. I have recently started to heal a new raid group as a raid healer when I was a tank healer in the last group. I've been doing research and looking up the best players and it seems like everyone is either gemming for straight int/crit or Spirit/crit.

What should I be doing with my gear level? What secret tips/macros can you share with me so I can do better as a healer?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Hello? =D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Ill blow your mind here and tell you one thing, go for haste. My gems are all int/spirit and all reforges are for haste...I'll have to work on it but 2 piece and Renewing Mist and haste make up for some amazing throughput, not to mention the chi generation and the uplift spam this allows.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Spirit lots many many regens (spirit is your friend)
haste until capped, 4710 (something like that)
Crit crit crit (more mana tea = more mana = more heals)
Mastery (whatever mastery is on items you get should be enough most of the time you are reforging out of this into crit any way)
Then more spirit

right now askmrrobot is focusing crit so looking up what the site recommends is a good start to what you should be doing with your gear, I run most of my stats off it and as of now Im barely going below 80% mana most fights...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Spirit till you like your regen (10k for me) Haste (first cap) 3158 ---> Crit ----> Mastery (sucks)

For haste that is asuming you have the 5% haste buff in your raid. You gotta change out of serpent stance when you look at that since its just the base number.

Stack crit wherever you can after you get the haste cap, mastery is really bad imo try to stay away from it.

Edit: I see you have engineering, macro gloves on use with your thunder focus tea, when it refreshes renewing mists all of them will have the extra 2k int and if you cast your uplifts within 10 seconds of using the macro the uplifts get the extra int as well :3
Edited by Vivâla on 4/3/2013 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I tried a haste build recently, all I found was that it exacerbated the current mana issues. I am not geared to the teeth for heals so it is particularly painful. So I would say this is relative to gear/spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
the amount of partial/innacurate info in here hurts my brain

anyways
this is from a 25 man raid healing perspective (should apply to 10 as well though)
haste does not have a "cap" there are breakpoints where we get an additional tick of our hots, mainly renewing mist. anything over the breakpoint reduces the time your hot ticks and is wasted until the next breakpoint. we don't want shorter hots because of how thunder focus tea interacts with renewing mist.

now for stats
Haste to 3145 (if lower ilvl gear) to 6141 when u get higher ilvl ~500 or get the t15 2pc.
spirit until you feel comfortable (as others have said ive been good with the 9-10k range)
crit crit crit

gem int mainly or int/crit int/spirit when the socket bonus is worth it
reforge haste to the breakpoint, spirit to comfortable amount, and rest into crit

sources-
2 best MWmonks in the game imo
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Affinichi/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Apku/advanced
and the guide at mmo
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1251599-The-Serpent%E2%80%99s-Accord-A-Mistweaver-PvE-Guide-5-2
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I tried a haste build recently, all I found was that it exacerbated the current mana issues. I am not geared to the teeth for heals so it is particularly painful. So I would say this is relative to gear/spirit.
Probably. But even starting out raiding (470 or so) one should definitely make sure they hit the 3145 haste breakpoint. Should be able to do that and have at least 6.5k spirit. Aim for 10k. But you likely won't get that until you're about 490.

this is from a 25 man raid healing perspective (should apply to 10 as well though)
Yep. Completely agree with Leesinga for 10s. I can't wait for 2pc.

I'm feeling good at 9k spirit, and using int food and int flasks. Could even have less spirit, but it allows me to make mistakes and not go oom when I do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]