How long does it take to 1v1 healers?

90 Undead Warlock
Sometimes it can take me 1-2 mins to take out a healer without either of us receiving outside help. How long does it take most DPS to take out a healer by themselves?

1-2 mins seems a bit excessive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sometimes it can take me 1-2 mins to take out a healer without either of us receiving outside help. How long does it take most DPS to take out a healer by themselves?

really depends on your class and how well you can control them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

really depends on your class and how well you can control them.

When I do develop a vendetta against a certain healer in random BGs and chance upon them alone on the road I usually just build up 4 embers, and then weave Chaos Bolting and Incinerates so that I stay at about 3-4 embers until I see an opening.

Then it is pop all CDs, CCs, and hope I get em to 20% at which point Shadow Burn 1 shots most of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Not that long at all, if I can hold them down long enough and have my burst + ERW.

In that scenario, if I had to take a ballpark estimate of how fast they drop, I'd say about 10 seconds. Likely more, if they're more geared than I, or have some sort of absorb effect up before I can pin them down with a stun.

Only MW Monks bother me, with that thing they get every time they're stunned. If I were allowed to change my talents prior to the fight, I'd run Chillblains. Make things -worlds- easier.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
An equally geared, equally skilled healer will last quite a while against one dps. Sometimes almost forever against certain classes.

As the ratios of gear/skill change in your favor it gets easier.

Also depends whether they are in the open with no LOS objects to run around. LOS can often lead to it being impossible to kill them with one dps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Seriously?

The fight could last 1 minute or 20 minutes and the healer stands ZERO chance of killing you 1v1, barring a gear or skill disparity. Their trade-off for not being able to kill people anymore (like they could in Cata) is that they are extremely survivable. Do you want them to just be a free HK or something?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Seems right to me. Healers aren't designed to be defeated 1v1. If a healer dies 1v1, he's bad at his class.

Maybe an Unholy DK could do it in a speedy amount of time.

Seriously?

The fight could last 1 minute or 20 minutes and the healer stands ZERO chance of killing you 1v1, barring a gear or skill disparity. Their trade-off for not being able to kill people anymore (like they could in Cata) is that they are extremely survivable. Do you want them to just be a free HK or something?
this is just ridiculous of course healers should be able to die sure it should take longer but the thought that because they heal they somehow have the right to survive indefinitely ins just utter garbage.
Edited by Stabetha on 4/4/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Seriously?

Healers are meant to be assist classes, not survive classes. Killing a healer without a dps to peel for them should be as easy as killing a dps without a healer to heal for them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Seriously?

When I 1v1 a healer as Afflic, actually, I will kill myself via Life Tap. Altho that is the exception, and not the rule.

I don't want them to be a free HK, but also not Demi-God.
Reply Quote
57 Night Elf Druid
Seriously?

Could in cata? Most healers couldn't actually kill people in cata.. At least not resto druids / resto shaman.

It was wrath, and to a larger extent TBC / Vailla where healers could eventually kill a dps. They've gotten less and less able as time's gone on.
Reply Quote
92 Human Priest
Healers are meant to be assist classes, not survive classes. Killing a healer without a dps to peel for them should be as easy as killing a dps without a healer to heal for them.

healers are an assist class. they survive by "assisting" themselves, and subsequently are unable to actually kill anything. how exactly do you limit a healers ability to survive without undermining their ability to help others survive?

also, you have to add in the obligatory: "pvp isn't balanced around 1v1"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/05/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Tynx
they survive by "assisting" themselves

if assisting yourself makes you an assist class, then which class is not an assist class?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/03/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Methalos
How long does it take most DPS to take out a healer by themselves?

Impossibru!
Reply Quote
39 Human Priest
What I don't understand is when has a healer become more 'tanky' than a tank in pvp? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Yes, healers shouldn't be able to kill anyone, nor should they be able to keep themselves alive 1v1. That will work out really well, perhaps you just ask for them to be removed completely?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yes, healers shouldn't be able to kill anyone, nor should they be able to keep themselves alive 1v1. That will work out really well, perhaps you just ask for them to be removed completely?

You are creating a false dilemma by insinuating that there is no middle ground.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
04/06/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Methalos

You are creating a false dilemma by insinuating that there is no middle ground.

And you are complaining about an issue they have already addressed.

They have stated over and over that they don't balance for 1v1, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge that point.

Your inability to accept that is your problem, not a problem with the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
An equally geared, equally skilled healer will last quite a while against one dps. Sometimes almost forever against certain classes.

As the ratios of gear/skill change in your favor it gets easier.

Also depends whether they are in the open with no LOS objects to run around. LOS can often lead to it being impossible to kill them with one dps.

replace the one dps with bad dps and you may be on to something...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]