I'm a bad monk D:

90 Pandaren Monk
Noxxic is telling me that with my ilvl i should be pulling 95k in dps but im only getting 45 DW, has anyone got 95k dps at a 483 ilvl?
Reply Quote
44 Blood Elf Monk
Your problem is that you're going to Noxxic.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The ONLY thing that every class forum agrees on is that Noxxic is terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Oh that makes me feel better ^_^ it was saddening being told i should be doing 95k while im stuck down at 45-47k
Reply Quote
99 Human Monk
Sims and the like generally only reflect what kind of damage you theoretically could be putting out on a Patchwerk style dps fight in perfect conditions. Very few fights are like this, and very few ever will be again. That said, it does sound like you need a little work optimizing your rotation. While we are a hard class to squeeze out perfect numbers, we're one of the easier classes for getting decent ones.

A 2h weapon will lower your maximum damage a bit, but with that weapon it should be fairly reasonable to start squeezing out about 60-64k damage (for an 'average' player which is what I consider myself. The best monks around here could probably pull about 85+ in your gear). So look around, read some guides, ask questions, and get in some time on the practice dummy and dungeons/lfr to try to get your priorities into muscle memory. That said, you probably still pull better numbers than 90% of monks I run across, so you're not doing too bad!
Edited by Xailin on 4/4/2013 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Oh that makes me feel better ^_^ it was saddening being told i should be doing 95k while im stuck down at 45-47k

You are well under expertise cap and marginally over hit. As a WW you want both at 7.5%.

You also really need to gem your gear, enchant those last few items and lose the pvp gloves.

Doing those above things will make a significant difference in your numbers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]