anything better than spamming regrowth?

90 Tauren Druid
I don't have full pvp gear, but I feel like my spellpower should be high enough to do some decent HPS. But, even when I manage to kite away, regrowth takes SEVERAL spams to top me off.

Sometimes I forget to swap gear-sets and heal in my feral gear without really noticing much difference.

I guess I could try Cenarion Ward and soul of the forest instead of tree and ns...

Also, this problem of unhealable damage doesn't only apply to self healing. I also have trouble healing other ppl. If someone is in urgent need of healing I pop all CD's, regrowth,ns healing touch, switftmend, regrowth, lb, regrowth, lb, regrowth, lb.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Where is it written that you're supposed to be able to top yourself off with one heal?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SSC
might of ursoc + renewal

Where is it written that you're supposed to be able to top yourself off with one heal?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
While im by no means an expert pvper, i find regrowth being used only emergencies, predominately with tree form. Druids are a hot based class and one of our advantages is not being spell locked. Try throwing out barkskin (on self), ironbark (self or team mate), rejuve first and always having a 3 stack lifebloom on someone so u can immediately change it to whoever is being pressured.

With full hots up, swiftemend and natures swiftness, i rarely find myself hard casting regrowth unless the enemey dps has popped their cooldowns which results in me popping tree.

Druids have excellent cc so you should be able to reduce the pressure by cyclone, and when dealing with melee roots/mass entanglement.

If your the one who needs taking damage, we have so many ways of escape whether displacer beast, dash, travel form to avoid taking damage, the only problem is not running far enough that they can switch to your dps and you not get there in time.

Good luck with your druid and hope the above helps.
Edited by Harrobanks on 4/8/2013 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
PS glyph of lifebloom is extremely useful for being able to respond to hard switches without wasting 3 globals getting lifebloom up on your team mate. I would argue it will serve u better than cyclone if your struggling to keep people up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
To further illustrate my point, I was just killed while spamming regrowth by shuriken toss, the rogue was on 4th DR for cyclone and I had him rooted. I was sub 35% out of his open so I didn't have globals to spare on blooms, just rejuve NS HT, SM, then nature's grasp displacer and spam.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Where is it written that I expect that? There's a difference between the words several and one you know. But anyway, I think it's writtn in the character page of every resto shaman, when they mouseover their mastery stat.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/10/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Nerish

Where is it written that I expect that? There's a difference between the words several and one you know. But anyway, I think it's writtn in the character page of every resto shaman, when they mouseover their mastery stat.

Guess I was confused by your awkward opening sentence. You could just say that you feel rejuvenation is too weak. That's pretty much the bottom line, yes?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What comp do you run? Ideally you should have people to peel off you, use a nature swiftness cyclone and travel form away. Druids have very good survivability but glyph of lifebloom is almost essential to respond to hard switches.

I find when i start regrowth spamming mana goes fast, and it leaves me and my partners vulnerable if i get cc'ed without bloom/rejuve and ideally ironbark on whoever is being targetted.

i do wish i had rolled a resto shaman but no point basing your character off who's better if you enjoy the playstyle
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I see your running with a ret pally, never played one before, but i have done 2's where a ret pally did a ridiculous ammount of healing as well as solid damage, if your being trained he should be able to peel/stun them or try off healing you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't play any specific comps, I just cap points every week as feral. When I play resto, my hots seem nonexistant; I'd have to kite for 20 seconds to get topped of just from hots, bloom, and SM. I'm used to the old world of warcraft --druids have not gained much cc since then -- where healing potential was approximately 2:1 compared to the average damage output of any class. Things have changed and the ratio now seems closer to 1:1.5.

Finding people who are willing to peel for me isn't really an option because I don't have any 2k achievments. Like I said I'm not playing the game in any situation where I should expect someone to peel for me anyway, at least not as resto; Nor have I cited anything as such.

Guess I was confused by your awkward opening sentence. You could just say that you feel rejuvenation is too weak. That's pretty much the bottom line, yes?

After purchasing enough peices to get a four piece bonus, I was killed several times tonight 100-0 before cheap shot wore off. I honestly cannot recall whether or not I had full hots rolling or not, but I do know that my resto set gives me 350k hp and ~4.3k~ resilience. I think cheap shot has a duration of 5 seconds, maybe four. During that time span I estimate that my hots could have only healed me for 70k; my fully buffed RAVAGE reglarly does that amount of damage in 1.5 seconds.
*edit* i accidentally said rapage instead of ravage....on accident.
Edited by Nerish on 4/11/2013 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I see your running with a ret pally, never played one before, but i have done 2's where a ret pally did a ridiculous ammount of healing as well as solid damage, if your being trained he should be able to peel/stun them or try off healing you.

I've never run with a ret. Cyanide is holy, we went 10-3 just to cap. I tried to get him to carry me some more but it's just his alt and he doesn't seem interested in carrying a 1750 exp feral.
Edited by Nerish on 4/11/2013 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
To further illustrate my point, I was just killed while spamming regrowth by shuriken toss, the rogue was on 4th DR for cyclone and I had him rooted. I was sub 35% out of his open so I didn't have globals to spare on blooms, just rejuve NS HT, SM, then nature's grasp displacer and spam.

To clairify, the above text is both an exageration and outright lie. If I had used NS, HT, and SM I surely would not have died from damage inflicted by shuriken toss alone. I don't recall what CD's were available at this particular point in the WSG match. But the main premise remains true: the rogue was rooted, I was at about 20%HP, I spammed regrowth twice, the rogue was spamming toss, and I died.

Hmm, I wonder if I was wearing feral gear...wow...that's actually possible.
Edited by Nerish on 4/11/2013 2:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What comp do you run? Ideally you should have people to peel off you, use a nature swiftness cyclone and travel form away. Druids have very good survivability but glyph of lifebloom is almost essential to respond to hard switches.

I find when i start regrowth spamming mana goes fast, and it leaves me and my partners vulnerable if i get cc'ed without bloom/rejuve and ideally ironbark on whoever is being targetted.

i do wish i had rolled a resto shaman but no point basing your character off who's better if you enjoy the playstyle

At the time when I chose to level this druid from 85 to 90, I also had a resto shaman at level 85. I rolled the druid because I thoroughly enjoy casting cc chains on mongoloids. Also, my highest rating ever was achieved in S4 as a holy paladin partnered with an SL/SL lock; we farmed horrible dreamstate druids who thought they could just triple bloom and go drink...no they were HoJ'd into fear spam into coil while their partner --always a sub rogue-- died with no cloak.

Thanks for all the replies, Especially Harrobanks. Although I didn't learn anything new from your posts, it never hurts to reiterate as I often panic and forget the fundamentals.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OP, dont forget to cleanse yourself against rogues when you get away from them.

I like you have died to a rogue from 100-0 a few times in BG's(Note: I armory'd him and he was a 2300 rated rogue at that) and it's never been fun fighting them.

When it comes to healing, you need to get as much PvP power as you can while maximizing your resil. 68% resil is pretty much the cap you can get realistically. Gem pure resil in all your gear and if it really means a lot to you buy the Tyrannical MH/OH combo when you get enough conq. If you arent full PvP gear you are going to die. 65% resil is basically mandatory if you want to survive anything.

The closer my team gets to 2k the more and more coordinated other teams burst gets. You also always want to have Natures Swiftness - its such a useful ability that its mandatory. Cenarian Ward would do absolutely nothing considering you could stop all damage coming from someone with an NS clone.

And as far as hardcasting goes i find myself constantly having to hardcast Regrowth/healing touch. Theres just soo much burst out there that i'm having to line up hardcasts with LB Blooming to top someone off. Just keep at it man, it really doesnt get much better at full gear. My teammates love globalling resto druids - and we do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm now fully geared and, although I still miss the days of yore when healing was a twice as potent as dps, I feel confident that that my 100k regrowth crits and 10k resilience are enough to keep me alive as long as I don't panic and fail miserably.

Thank you Tolerant for summarizing the stat priorities for restoration druids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I too have a resto and I must say MW is much easier to self-sustain
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]