wild mushroom needs some fixing

90 Night Elf Druid
They are pretty bad in pvp.

You have to waste 3 Global Cooldowns to do very mediocre damage even while solar eclipsed.

But wait they provide a slow! haha useless against range and caster classes, and meele classes let's analyze this:

warrior = oh no he just used 3GC spent time placing the shrooms to strategically slow me down. I know I'll just charge him rendering his 3 gc usage useless with one GC.

DK= same thing but uses deathgrip

Kitty =wild charge or displacer beast

rouge= sha-sha-sha-SHADOW STEP SON!!!

Paladins = sure Im slowed down but I can still nuke him from far away while I reach him. or just use speed of light.

shamans = Well they have their own problems.

Conclusion mushrooms current state makes them next to useless in PVP other than strategically placing them to wild charge to them later. They really need to be re-worked or improved somehow because the concept seems fun but it just isn't working right now.

Maybe make them absorb some of the damage the druid takes I don't know just getting a brainstorm rolling. Leave some feed back
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Druid
I've been using them more as an ambush tactic, like a trap.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I put this on other topic:

The mushroom mechanics is not very good. I think should be something like, when i cast certain spell, a mushroom is put into the ground, near the target, or on the target. And then i can make them all explode and stuff.
Or could i have a chance by casting some spell, a mushroom will appear. Something like that. But letting also the spell that exist right know in case i want to put them somewhere.

Sorry about the bad text, i'm not from US.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Mushrooms are a cool idea. They definitely have potential as an ambush mechanic but their damage is just way too low. I wouldn't mind a longer cooldown on them if their damage was actually useful.

They also have potential has more of a proc-based mechanic or detonateable burst like Barb was saying, but right now wasting ~4 seconds on GCDs for their pretty meh damage is sorta sad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
shrooms does not need a dmg buff. i agree it needs adjustment though, i would prefer if they just took placing the shrooms down off the GCD. it's a better CC than it is a dmg spell, and i want them to emphasize that.
Reply Quote
It's not like they're a part of your dps rotation or something. They are clunky as hell, I admit, but so are most of our abilities...

I bound my s key to starsurge a long long time ago and strafe alot, so I don't have too many issues with mushrooms. I do think that dropping 3 in a triangle in one gcd would be much better. To Twitter!
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Rogue
I've pretty much written wild mushrooms off for pvp. To many keybinds, to many globals, not enough of a difference. Completely worthless.

Sure there are instances you can find uses for them. Guarding a flag (although you can't be CC"d and use them anyways, just moonfire.) or in arenas ... one time you can have your teammate run over them for a heal. Then you're not going to take the time to put them back down.

I haven't used mushrooms since RBGs 2 seasons ago, even then they were comical.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Rogue
I do think that dropping 3 in a triangle in one gcd would be much better. To Twitter!

This still isn't worth the 2 keybinds and time to click-place them down ... they don't do enough to waste all that time. I'd rather just have them work like hunter traps, place them all over and have them work like bombs. Increase the radius and make them worth while.
Reply Quote
04/07/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Beggan
I do think that dropping 3 in a triangle in one gcd would be much better. To Twitter!

This still isn't worth the 2 keybinds and time to click-place them down ... they don't do enough to waste all that time. I'd rather just have them work like hunter traps, place them all over and have them work like bombs. Increase the radius and make them worth while.

Improvements are improvements. I suggested to GC either dropping 3 in a triangle, or just one larger field.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The only time I've been glad to have 3 small mushrooms instead of 1 large one , was on H Madness when I could lay down a Fungal Growth path for the adds. The rest of the time, a single mushroom would be great.

How about Glyph of Wild Mushroom: Placing 1 mushroom actually places 3.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
How about Glyph of Wild Mushroom: Placing 1 mushroom actually places 3.

That's not a bad idea at all. And it would finally give some a useful glyph to Balance. Why do I need 2 separate major glyphs to make stampeding roar useful?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SSC
Wild charge + wild mushroom on ledge = profit
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

coupled with smart use of typhoon this is a blast on any z axis map
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm glad so many of you agree hopefully they improve mushrooms

coupled with smart use of typhoon this is a blast on any z axis map

True say
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As resto i've taken to placing them as a "OH GOD IMMA DIE SAVE ME" beacon.

Every map they are set in the same place, and i generally end up using them before the 5 minutes are up.

For boomkin, well. :\, clunky mechanic is clunky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]