Running lower level dungeons

100 Night Elf Warrior
I have never done any dungeons and was wondering if I can do lower level dungeons just to see what they are like. I really sux at this game, but enjoy playing to pass the time. Can I do dungeons setup for say lvl 60's, but do them as a lvl 80 so I dont get my butt handed to me all of the time?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
sure, but it will be way too easy. maybe hit the level 80-81 dungeons in the Dungeon FInder when you're 84
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
specifically looking for dungeons that I have a reasonable chance of soloing...

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Check somewhere like http://www.wowhead.com/zones=2 it will tell you where to find all the instances for every lvl and where you can locate them in world.

You will have to physicaly go to each dungeon entrance to access them.
Edited by Faradae on 4/8/2013 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
You should be able to easily go through any dungeon level 60 or lower without dying (except maybe Gnomer - that place has a knack for killing people somehow).
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
I have never done any dungeons and was wondering if I can do lower level dungeons just to see what they are like. I really sux at this game, but enjoy playing to pass the time. Can I do dungeons setup for say lvl 60's, but do them as a lvl 80 so I dont get my butt handed to me all of the time?

Why don't you just learn to not "sux at this game" so you can do 80+ dungeons?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
if I can do lower level dungeons just to see what they are like

Depends on what you mean by "see what they are like".

At level 81, running through a dungeon that was designed for anything up to around level mid-70ish (WotLK content) would act no different than questing in an area with a lot of mobs.

If all you want is to see what they look like, sure, you'd see what they look like. But standing on the pitcher's mound at Fenway does not show you what it's like to pitch in an MLB game.

Better to give yourself a quick primer on how to play as an Arms Warrior to DPS in groups. Spend two minutes reading over Noxxic -- not perfect, but better than nothing. Then queue up for some LFD randoms ... don't run wild and attack things that the tank isn't attacking, stay out of bad stuff, attack from behind ...
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
Depends on what you mean by "see what they are like." If your goal is to just check out the layout, and see where the bosses are, so alts can get in at level and not be fail and wander off in the wrong direction, then this is an excellent idea.

If you just want to get some easy low level loot, Blizzard is on to you and they reduce the loot if you're solo. Sorry. This used to be viable.

If you mean for them to be a challenge to you personally, then no, not so much.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I am 69 years young and love the game, but the reflexes are not as they used to be. Tried twice to que for dungeons and twice received so much abuse about my play that i no longer wish to join with anyone. Just want some new places to look at...

Thanks for the wowhead link, I will go and take a look at them...
Reply Quote
71 Undead Priest
I am 69 years young and love the game, but the reflexes are not as they used to be. Tried twice to que for dungeons and twice received so much abuse about my play that i no longer wish to join with anyone. Just want some new places to look at...

Thanks for the wowhead link, I will go and take a look at them...

That sucks and I'm sorry people were such jerks. If anyone talked smack to my mom in this game I would lose it. Play the game and have fun, and maybe think about taking along a healer buddy.

You should be just fine in lvl 60ish dungeons. You can go wherever you want in this game. If you are worried about a repair bill, think about taking a healer buddy along, but it isn't a requirement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]