1) We have no niche that makes us stand out from other healers.
2) Absorbs from Paladins/Priests eat our heals.
3) We have no immediate healing aoe spells compared to ALL healing classes.
4) We have no passive mana regen compared to other classes
5) T14 is currently being chosen over t15 for the 4 set bonus.
6) Mushrooms are bulky and not efficient.
7) Efflorescence is too small.
Before you go onto say I'm picky and I ask of too much, I want to clarify that these are all things that me and many druids have discussed. I'll go into detail with each corresponding issue below.
1). Let me Clarify
Disc priest and Mist weaver monks can both damage and put out a high amount of healing, when they are able to do 60k-70k dps AND heal a high amount of hps more than druids, it makes you wonder why anyone would ever want a resto druid in their raid comp.
Pallys have high damage mitigation, and large amounts of blanketing.
As for shamans they have many Healing CD's, and an amazing mastery. Shaman's, are too lacking in healing meters on fights, and blizzard also gave them a 20% healing buff.
We continue to ignore the fact that just buffing a higher amount of healing will fix the games issues. It wont. It didn't work with the druids 10% and it surely wont with the shamans 20%.
As for the druid niche, yes we are mobile healers and on fights such as Ji-kun and Megaera and are able to capitalize on it. But,what I suggest, is to further push our mobile healing and strengthen it. Some ideas I see fit would be.
Tree of Life (ToL), not a talent- ToL is what has really defined a resto druid as a resto druid and to have players favoring Soul of the forest (SoTF) over ToL because of a set bonus is absurd, it narrows the druids flexible and free rotation into a defined one (Using a Swift mend followed by a Wild growth) and starts to take away from the core versatility of a resto druid. What I suggest is removing Tree of Life from incarnation and adding something in its place, maybe summoning celestials such as cranes on the twins consorts, that would run through the raid and heal any one in its way. Regardless of this, i truly believe that ToL should always be a defined trait of a resto druid. Raids should be able to capitalize on the movement and versatility for high movement phases of a fight.
The 10% healing buff be buffed to 20% but only when the caster is moving, once again making druids feel needed on fights. This could be a glyph or a talent.
Dream of Cenarius- Either have a glyph reducing the cast time of wrath and mana cost to help buff our hots OR change the talent to have Moonfires or if i dare say (bring back Insect swarm) buff our next healing spell.
Also with Dream of Cenarius as of now, we can wrath when the time is right to buff our next heal, but the problem with resto druids we are constantly using a GCD for hot blanketing, lifebloom refreshing, placing shrooms , etc. So we can not capitalize on that 30% to our next heal when we would like. So i suggest allowing the buff to stack, to a set amount, maybe 2-3 stacks of the buff so that we can plan ahead for incoming damage.
Anything that could buff our lvl 90 talent choices is what i ask of, as of now, they are very anti-climatic and nothing seems to be worth the thought. Heart of the wild, the static int is nice, but 45's of dpsing and needing to heal at the same time is not compared to Discpriest/WW consistent dps.
Dream of cenarius -just not enough time or mana to be able to buff our healing spells
Natures vigil- Nice low CD but not enough healing increase to make it a level 90 worthy talent.
Maybe switch natures vigil and incarnation talent levels and change the benefits of incarnation and it would be much more attractive.
2) Our heals are being absorbed and sniped to quickly for our HoTs to make a difference.
With Pallies and Disc priests being the top healers this patch and having nearly no overhealing it once again makes druids a weak choice for a raid group. If absorbs are mitigating all the incoming damage and nothing to heal arrives, our overhealing shoots through the roof from our rejuvenation. Blizzards fix at this was to charge our mushrooms up and use that over healing later in the fight. This just doesnt work. Sure on some fights where there are static stack points they can be used, but having 3 separate GCDS to place them and not being able to move charged ones without having to recharge new ones just makes it unbelievably bulky and annoying.
3) rather than or in addition to shrooms, I suggest adding a new spell that provides a direct healing spell such as Chain heal, prayer, holy radiance, etc, that is for druids. Yes, i know druids are meant for HoTs but with the way the game is going HoTs are less desirable. Maybe like a leaf cone or a solar beam blessing spell that heals targets instantly, this would be on a charged CD So depending on our hot ticks overheal is when you will be able to use the fully charged version again. Either a cast time or light of dawn cast type would be cool.
Also , WG could be smarter. It does not target fully healthed individuals so you cannot use it efficiently if only 2 people are takign damage, this would help charge your solarbeam/mushrooms.
4) we have no passive mana regen-
simple fix, tying it into dream of cenarious would be cool, maintaing a insect swarm/moonfire of targets, or wrath casts to... increase healing, mana, and damage to compete with other classes.
5) with SoTF and T14 being so strong together people don't want to let go of the thing that last helped them actually do decent HPS, I would say the t15 set favors 25 mans over 10 mans, and this should be changed. Also the rejuvenation 4 set healing increase only helps charge our near-useless shrooms more, once again adding a new spell suchs as a solar beam blessing spell that heals targets instantly would make this worth more than the t14 set.
6) mushrooms are bulky, as stated many times throughout the thread. Cannot move charged ones, only useful on static stack points, 3 seperate GCD's making the mushrooms into mini treants that you can attach to players or move with commands would be so cool and much more useful.
7) to compete with stacking aoe heals Efflorescence should be larger to help reach more targets.
Once again as I stated, I may seem very picky, but im a druid lover and as of right now i cannot deal with the drastic differences between healers. When a class becomes unfavorable because it cannot compete with other classes, that's when its time to re-think things. Please go ahead and discuss, maybe somethings will change if we show we care enough!