Nvidia GeForce4 MX440

90 Gnome Warlock
Is this a good video card, It came with my PC, or should I upgrade it?
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
I almost bit, 10/10 tho.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm not trolling, I'm legitmately asking, since I don't know much about video cards...
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
Nice try though. That card is nearly 12 years old, I rly doubt it's in any working PC that plays wow.
Edited by Stephié on 4/8/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Allright thats all I needed to know, can you recommend a good video that I can get?
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
Well, it's an AGP card which means your entire PC is severely dated. No good AGP cards really exist, well not for gaming purposes, cost effectively. You're probably gonna need a new rig.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I see. Well thanks for the help. I'll go looking for a new build then..
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I remember buying one of those to play the 3D version of Ultima Online.
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
I remember buying one of those to play the 3D version of Ultima Online.

I looked up the MX440 (I used to have one) and it was released in late 2001. Can you build your own? If so we can help you pick the parts.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Sadly, no, I cannot build my own, last time I tried, I fried it.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
I used to have that card- on my previous computer, that I finally broke down and upgraded in 2010. :)
WoW stopped supporting it in Cataclysm, by the way, so it's definitely time to think about a new computer.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I used to have that card- on my previous computer, that I finally broke down and upgraded in 2010. :)
WoW stopped supporting it in Cataclysm, by the way, so it's definitely time to think about a new computer.
Alright then. If I have a desktop chassis, what can I put in it? What would you recommend?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i use this card, runs 12 hours a day, never d/c, 9-12 fps on low in most raids with sound off shift+s, must keep sound turned off, music off too shift +m, this cards fine, like i said i use it
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i use this card, runs 12 hours a day, never d/c, 9-12 fps on low in most raids with sound off shift+s, must keep sound turned off, music off too shift +m, this cards fine, like i said i use it

I'm sorry :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]