Power/Symphonic/Goth Metal

87 Human Rogue
I personally am a fan of Gothic Metal, Power Metal and Symphonic Metal. but I wonder is there any bands in those three sub-genres you can reccoemend (I will accept traditional Metal bands eg: Saxon, Manowar, Iron Maiden).
My personal Favorite groups are
Power Metal: Blind Guardian, Helloween, Rhapsody of Fire
Gothic Metal: Moonspell, Atrocity, Theater of Tragedy.
Symphonic: Tristania, Leave's Eyes, Epica.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Pharaoh - The Longest Night/Bury the Light
Riot - Immortal Soul/Thundersteel
Enforcer - Into the Night/Diamonds
Grave Digger - Rheingold
Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor (it's pure Imaginations from the Other Side-era Blind Guardian worship)

I'll rec those. I'm not too crazy about Symphonic or Gothic metal. Aside from BG and a few USPM bands, I don't find myself going for power metal that much anymore either. Tastes change, I guess.
Reply Quote
40 Undead Mage
I'm going to recommend Powerwolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6X3soFFTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSdnHVXxqE
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
based on what you listen to, my recommendations are:
1. Tristania - Widow's weeds
2. Opeth - Blackwater Park
3. Wintersun - Time I
4. Ensiferum - Ensiferum (1st album)

You really should get in touch with the roots of those genres with the classics:
Led zep, uriah heep, king crimsom, sabbath, rainbow etc.

Metal is good for you!
Reply Quote
I love Hammerfall, a Swedish power metal band. I actually first heard about them many years ago on this forum, in a thread about the music people listened to while playing WoW. So many paladins named Hammerfall that I got curious, and I've been listening to them since.

As far as I know, the town in Arathi is named after them? Samwise Didier, the art director at Blizz, does their album art.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
I love Hammerfall, a Swedish power metal band. I actually first heard about them many years ago on this forum, in a thread about the music people listened to while playing WoW. So many paladins named Hammerfall that I got curious, and I've been listening to them since.

As far as I know, the town in Arathi is named after them? Samwise Didier, the art director at Blizz, does their album art.
I am aware of Hammerfall and the Reference
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]