Hunter PvP, any changes on the horizon?

90 Human Hunter
Ill be braking this down in the simple question for some people may involve themselves with one part of the topic and not the other. These questions are aimed at discussions between players and hopefully some feedback of sometime from blizzard. I would really like to know what they think.

Will we see any balance changes to BM to tone down some of their burst?
Given the nature of Bestial Wrath do you for see a time where it maybe removed from readiness cd resetting?
How do you feel about MM and/or Survival in pvp at the moment? do you consider their damage to be on par with BM?
What do you think of adding a armor penetration mastery to marksman? is this a terrible idea?
Would adding small chance to stun back to explosive shot be possible? is this a terrible idea?
Do you feel that hunter self healing through glyphs and talents maybe to high or to low?
How do you feel about the glyph of aimed shot and baking it into aimed shot baseline?
Have you thought about making some pet abilities have lower cds?
Rapid fire seems like awfully long cd for MM or Surv considering bm has BW, could this be changes for one or the other spec wise?
Overall how do you think hunters are doing currently the game at the moment?
Edited by Curvus on 4/8/2013 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
BM is fine imo. The nerf to BW, LR, and stampede spirit mend heal were enough to keep BM competitive but not OP. It will probably stay the strongest spec for arenas due BW acting like a trinket. Also BM has intimidation, a spec specific CC. It blows my mind that BM gets a dedicated CC like intimidation and the other specs get nothing. If i had my way, silencing shot would be baseline and intimidation would be a talent. I will say there is a mind blowingly silly (imo) flaw in BM pvp that is when we rapidfire we gain a butt load of pvp power, so this is when you would want to BW. But to rapid fire during BW is silly because rapid fire is meant to give us haste, something rarely needed during a BW.

I love MM pvp and was so happy to see it get some love.That being said, i feel its still lack luster. I know a lot of hunters will disagree with me (and i dont see it happening ever) but i would love a Grimoire of sacrifice ability. Maybe call it something like One With Nature and we merge our souls with our pets (because some say hunters shouldnt sacrifice their pets). This is basically because a lot of the time my pet is on passive. Maybe i play to defensively but i dont want my Masters call, roar of sacrifice, and CC half way across the map attacking a target when a rogue or fdruid pop up behind me. Not to mention that any cunning pet's dps is pretty much negligible. I understand that there are benefits to having a pet as MM but i think the potential damage increase and relying less on npc(less managment too) would make up for it. Also it would total sense that rapid fire has some added bonus when you're MM spec; A shorter CD or longer duration would be appropriate.

Survival is horrid in PVP. Ive heard some say that they roll it for rbgs, but those are few and far between. There is nothing attractive about sirvival imo (maybe except that traps root the target for 2 sec but thats about it.). Honestly, it blows my mind that black arrow is disspellable and shares a cooldown with explosive trap. These mechanics are remnants from vanilla and need to be addressed before survival can be seriously considered for anything outside PVE... sigh Survival pvp should have its own thread TBH. It seriously needs to be reworked.

All that being said i feel like the devs consider hunters to be Zoo keepers more than hunters. Stampede, dire beast, a murder of crows, its all too much. Is it wrong that I would rather have my weapon do the damage, not a npc? I love that they added more stable slots but when it comes down to game play mechanics, hunters are being forced to rely on their pets far to much. Maybe im the minority but I feel like not all hunters choose to hunt with pets and it makes a butt load of sense to have a petless spec. IMO hunters need their class design philosophy reexamined as it is outdated and... dare i say... clunky?
Edited by Ðynamic on 4/9/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/09/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Ðynamic
It blows my mind that BM gets a dedicated CC like intimidation and the other specs get nothing.

You know blows my mind? How so many hunters, let alone non-hunters, can easily disregard Concussive Barrage and Entrapment.
Edited by Verdash on 4/9/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
You know blows my mind? How so many hunters, let alone non-hunters, can easily disregard Concussive Barrage and Entrapment.

I didnt disregard either of those two. Concussive barrage is one of the reasons i play MM (all specs have a slow. Read: Concussive Shot.) and i specifically mention entrapment (entrapment being majorly lackluster outside a few very specific scenarios.).
Edited by Ðynamic on 4/9/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/09/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Ðynamic

I didnt disregard either of those two. Concussive barrage is one of the reasons i play MM (all specs have a slow. Read: Concussive Shot.) and i specifically mention entrapment (entrapment being majorly lackluster outside a few very specific scenarios.).

Those two abilities are MM/SV's counter ability to Intimidate.

MM gets slows (which are highly useful to MM in PVP) baked into 2 damaging attacks, one of them AOE based. This saves you a Concussive Shot GCD once every 9 seconds or so, for starters, not to mention being able to front load a damage and a slow.

SV gets a root baked into traps, which can also trigger as an AOE root.

BM gets a single target, "on next swing" stun (which means it isn't always good for interrupting) that lasts 3 seconds on a 1 min CD.

Even if it is lack luster, it is not nothing. And honestly, I don't see it as lack luster, depends on the situation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Those two abilities are MM/SV's counter ability to Intimidate.

MM gets slows (which are highly useful to MM in PVP) baked into 2 damaging attacks, one of them AOE based. This saves you a Concussive Shot GCD once every 9 seconds or so, for starters, not to mention being able to front load a damage and a slow.

SV gets a root baked into traps, which can also trigger as an AOE root.

BM gets a single target, "on next swing" stun (which means it isn't always good for interrupting) that lasts 3 seconds on a 1 min CD.

Even if it is lack luster, it is not nothing. And honestly, I don't see it as lack luster, depends on the situation.

I understand what concussive barrage and entrapment are for. however you have to consider:

Concussive barrage's value diminishes when you realize that concussive shot provides the exact same utility free of cost. How often are you multi-shotting outside of guarding a flag?

Entrapment has limited uses outside of stopping an efc (and maybe even a few of his team mates) for two seconds. Sure if you have a melee on you, you could drop a snake trap (2 GCDs i think) and root for two seconds (if the trap lands)... or you could use intimidation and stun them for three. IMO stun > root.

I guess basically what im saying is that BM has an "active" talent that is significantly stronger than MM's and Survs passive talents and that bothers me lol.
Edited by Ðynamic on 4/9/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/09/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Verdash
It blows my mind that BM gets a dedicated CC like intimidation and the other specs get nothing.

What blows my mind is how much damage I deal with BM compared to MM. Even if aimed shot crits, arcane shot is more efficient in every single way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]