Moonkin is terrible in PVP now

84 Undead Warlock
Anyone getting 1-2 shotted with full pvp gear now? I dont know what happened. I dont know if Melee classes have too much burst or did our dps and survivability go down the drain? I feel like im playing the Moonkin spec pre Mist of Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Anyone getting 1-2 shotted with full pvp gear now? I dont know what happened. I dont know if Melee classes have too much burst or did our dps and survivability go down the drain? I feel like im playing the Moonkin spec pre Mist of Pandaria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqVxkTMiYnI

Ask this Shaman about my burst. Survivability is a different story, hard to counter-pressure.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm having zero issues with survivability right now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/09/2013 03:25 AMPosted by Cyous

Ask this Shaman about my burst. Survivability is a different story, hard to counter-pressure.

ROFL you just had to use steppin on a beach didnt you cy? XD thats some pretty nice burst
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

WHY.

WHY WOULD YOU USE THAT SONG.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Best part of your video is that it shows the stupidity of which is called the Eclipse Bar. Start it anywhere you want but it goes right back to the middle as soon as you do anything. Awesome mechanics Blizzard!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm not sure what has happened to you guys. Honestly I feel sorry for the Moonkin.

Boomkins are almost like a 'free' kill for me if i happen to catch one alone.

You fellas are in need of some kind of buff or something. Hope you get one.

It's getting to the point (with how lousy Moonkins are in PvP) that I almost never see any in BG anymore.
The BG Boomkin is fast becoming an extinct species...... Needs to be put on the endangered list or something.

Save the whales...... Save the Moonkins.
Edited by Jakrippa on 4/9/2013 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

WHY.

WHY WOULD YOU USE THAT SONG.

YOLO.

Also, i needed something that sounds stupid because that moment was pretty stupid.
Edited by Cyous on 4/9/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys really need a buff... no one can stay in that position for so long time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I don't really have any issues with survivability, it's our damage that needs to be looked at. Everyone !@#$%es and whines about random numbers they get hit for, but that's actually the biggest problem. We have no assured significant damage bursts to coordinate with partner's kill opportunities. I can't stress enough how bad RNG procs are for this game in general, let alone having a spec that completely relies on it.

Generally in high end arena, the overall goal is figuring out how to set up a kill on targets. Usually you try to kill said target with a stun or silence with a CC on healer, or you simply go on the healer with CC on the DPS so they can't peel you off. Now you could get 4-5 procs within the duration of this stun or silence, or you could just get zero (completely ruining the kill opportunity). Getting off a 2.5 second starfire cast would take away at least half of the duration of the lockout CD you just used, while hitting for less than a frostbolt cast into a frozen target. Starfire/Wrath aren't worth casting, because they are either: Too long, don't do enough damage, or both.

Eclipse is another problem. From my understanding, we are the only class that isn't doing 100% damage all the time. Having to manage this resource is completely unfair, and giving us a 2 set bonus, 4 set bonus, a channeled spell, and soon a glyph to navigate through it should explain how dumb the mechanic is to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/09/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Layuth
Best part of your video is that it shows the stupidity of which is called the Eclipse Bar. Start it anywhere you want but it goes right back to the middle as soon as you do anything.

That really does suck. There is a way around it though. You can Astral Communion to Solar before the game. When the game starts, the Eclipse Bar resets, but using Astral Communion will bring it straight to the Lunar side. You won't be able to do this against any comps with hunters though (who will be quick to put a mark on you if they're any decent).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have not made it to 90 on my druid, nor do I PvP any longer, but it is a wonky system easily enough noticed.

Moonkins/balance is a pretty clunky class, its like the developer was half way designing the game mechanics and then said the h3ll with it and went and got a mocha and watched some reruns of Babylon 5.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
TL;DR and i'm talking about the title.

I barely made it past the "Moonkin is terrible in PvP now" but to complain about our survivability?

Get better at it. Then talk
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i do just fine lol

actually i do so great that i dont even bother to pop my CD macro anymore unless im going after the EFC and stuff

but gg i guess
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
ur missing out on 360 int lief.... get those bracers / cloak enchanted
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Eclipse is another problem. From my understanding, we are the only class that isn't doing 100% damage all the time. Having to manage this resource is completely unfair, and giving us a 2 set bonus, 4 set bonus, a channeled spell, and soon a glyph to navigate through it should explain how dumb the mechanic is to begin with.

I made a post about this on the PTR forum, I believe that they need to make SOTF do to the eclipse bar what the sacrifice talent does to a warlock pet: remove it for a damage/haste/regen etc buff. Would have to be balanced, but the costs, like no reset on Starfall and haste buff/mana return, would mean that there is a tradeoff. While it might not be optimal in pve, it would make us easier to manage in pvp, so we could do more damage outside of cooldowns, and wouldn't have to chain everything we do to getting into the right eclipse state so we can kill things.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

What's the addon name which show up damage on the right screen?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What's the addon name which show up damage on the right screen?

MSBT
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]