Moonkin is terrible in PVP now

90 Night Elf Druid

Eclipse is another problem. From my understanding, we are the only class that isn't doing 100% damage all the time. Having to manage this resource is completely unfair, and giving us a 2 set bonus, 4 set bonus, a channeled spell, and soon a glyph to navigate through it should explain how dumb the mechanic is to begin with.

I went moonkin for about 5 minutes a few weeks ago. Now I've played most every class and have complaints about mechanics with things like Savage Roar, Inquisition, Shadow Orbs, etc. But honestly, the eclipse bar is the absolute worst. it honestly seems like a way to make 2 buttons really 4 buttons but really just making it 2 buttons that take up 4 spots. Absolutely no need.

Can't comment about the pvp survivability, but had to agree with the eclipse comment.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Umm ur gear is really bad- all greens and you wonder why u get 1 shotted?
Reply Quote
Umm ur gear is really bad- all greens and you wonder why u get 1 shotted?

OP is an 80 warlock. I'm sure he's talking about his alt
Reply Quote
98 Troll Druid
The big problem I see is that you are a warlock :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
boomies are still one of the most desired specs for RBGs.

Honestly I wish blizz would revert the nerf to Feral's Cyclone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
boomies are still one of the most desired specs for RBGs.

Honestly I wish blizz would revert the nerf to Feral's Cyclone.

Glyph of Solar Beam have been removed and replaced with Glyph of Omens.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Without the glyphed solar beam, a well-played warlock will do everything a boomy can do, only better.

Similar AOE-spread damage (which is rather useless in RBGs), much better on-demand burst and execute-phase burst, better overall CC's, and can defend a base much better than a boomy can.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Go watch Abn's team and come back and tell us how spread aoe damage is useless. They don't even target call because they run total aoe damage and crap just dies.
Reply Quote
moonkins are gods
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
moonkins are gods

Fictional and !@#$ty?
Reply Quote
best dmg best offheals beam super broken with vortex
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RBGs and 2s yeah it's kind of broken. Forgot to mention I was talking about 3s.
Reply Quote
i am too
Reply Quote
Moonkin pvp is really broken. Only usefull in rbgs for beam vortex but who knows if they will still want us after the beam nerf. Other than that moonkin is in a very sad state!

Clunky !@# mechanics that are not fun at all I mean how is RNG based damage fun? As mention before eclipse is just a dumb gimmick that doesn't add anything fun to the class just makes it even worse but blizzard refuses to see this.

Plus you can barely kill anything one on one with all cool downs plus the warlock symbiosis for survive-ability. (And don't even try with out your cool downs seriously just run away)

Hence I respecced into cat. It's sad really I can kill fully geared boomys while wearing contender gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Now that they nerfed mass grip to only affect 4 targets, can we get our radius back on beam?

Solar Beam is only OP to idiots that like to stack up on top of each other. There's probably a good reason why you don't see anyone crying about how OP solar beam is in arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Solar Beam is only OP to idiots

Do you have something against idiots?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Only the mouth-breathing window lickers that can still pummel me to death while smashing their faces on the keyboard
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I do not! I am one myself half the time.

I also don't have anything against window lickers.

But I do have something against the idiot developer who came up with the solar beam radius nerf.

Now that they nerfed mass grip to only affect 4 targets, can we get our radius back on beam?

Solar Beam is only OP to idiots that like to stack up on top of each other. There's probably a good reason why you don't see anyone crying about how OP solar beam is in arenas.
Edited by Bellë on 5/9/2013 3:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I don't know if Moonkin PvP is bad or not, but I know I don't enjoy what it offers.

THe problem with balance is and has always been that its mechanics are shared with either:

1. other druids, or
2. other casters.

Since Moonkins are part of the druid package, most of our mechanics are based on other class mechanics with additional gimmicks but longer cooldowns or additional restrictions. Or resto/feral druids do it better, usually resto. Yeah, Moonkins have a ton of control and pretty decent kite, but so do resto druids and to be honest, Moonkin damage output isn't a big enough draw to just not be resto.

And most of our caster mechanics (dots, nukes, crowd controls, and so forth) are bad versions of other class mechanics. Roots is single-target Frost Nova with a cast time; Starfire and Wrath are the same spell, both boring mage nukes. This used to make sense when druids could off-heal well in any spec, but it doesn't anymore. Moonkin healing is pathetic.

Moonkins lack two things: non-gimmick uniqueness, and on-demand burst. Until we get those things I don't think the spec is worth playing. Play resto and bring everything Moonkins bring save solar beam, and then get a lock to do your damage.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
I know it's just me, but I always seem to get an SS proc when the last person left alive has about 2 health left.....

I've played a lot of different dps classes in PvP, and boomie is certainly the most RNG dependent. It's also clunky as hell to play, it's just not a very fluid class.

/shrug. There is a disconnect in this game between cast times, dps, and the dps that can be done by instas. Classes that have on demand burst, especially via instas, are the classes that do well. Boomie by nature just has very little control over when your damage happens. WoW just isn't that kind of game.

Boomies could use some kind of state that effects players, like frozen does for mages...like, if you hit someone with the right eclipsed spell, it increases the damage from that school while you are still in that eclipse. That would solve the laughably bad DPS via the casted spells.

You'd still have the downtime between eclipses, but at least you could semi manage a kill window.

TLDR: I am the worst boomkin in the world, please ignore my posts on boomies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]