Decent HPally LF General Advice

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello,

I am decent/semi-good at healing on my HPally in my 10man raid. We are 1/13 H right now so stuff is dying. However, I am always behind our other two healers, Disc and RDruid. From everything i read, HPally is the best healer and should be smoking the others. I just feel like I am not doing the healing that i should/could and it might start to hold back my guild in heroics. I have posted two sets of logs below. Can someone with experience please look through them and let me know if you see anywhere that i can improve. Thanks.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vnbcp2eapckc0ysm/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-orzxwysm7ipymwcl/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm not well versed with Holy Pally logs/%'s but me thinks you may need to EF blanket more. Abuse the hell out of your mastery via that. I don't play pally but my teams pally can float 35-40%IH.

I could be completely wrong as I don't have a pally as I hate the class. But IH is easily the most OP thing in the game at the moment and maximizing that should be your priority. Just 30% seems a little low compared to my raids pally.

Also holy shock on Cd, HS usage seems a little low?
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/9/2013 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No set bonus T14 2pc (50% reduction in HR mana cost) which would synergize with the T15 2pc (daybreak boost) you do have. No T14 4pc (HS 4 sec, vice 6 sec), which is going to reduce your HoPo generation by 5~ per minute.

Divine Purpose not talented. I know it's preference. But... at 8% chance when you burn 1 HoPo on EF/WoG/LoD, that's 1 free 3 HoPo EF/WoG/LoD per minute. Combined with Beacon, it starts adding up, since you get 20% from Protector of the Innocent, your primary gets 100%, and Beacon Target gets 50%.

A quick look at the logs, shows you are healing at the right time, and not doing massive overheals.

Keep in mind we'll shine on Jin, but the disc is going to shine on Horridon, just because of mechanics.

That said, it's not that we're the best healer, it's just we have a lot of raw power at the moment in comparison to most other healers (Disc is situationally equal).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Divine Purpose not talented. I know it's preference. But... at 8% chance when you burn 1 HoPo on EF/WoG/LoD, that's 1 free 3 HoPo EF/WoG/LoD per minute. Combined with Beacon, it starts adding up, since you get 20% from Protector of the Innocent, your primary gets 100%, and Beacon Target gets 50%.

I still prefer holy avenger since nearly every fight has some big raid wide damage ability and you can get the extra holy power when you need it.

I would say you need to use Holy Shock on CD and you need to use your CDs more often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can't look at your logs on my phone but I get my IH to 45-50% on heroic jinrokh 25man and pretty much the same for heroic horridon. Honestly most healers can do rather well on that fight even our resto shammy and Druid can keep up with our pallies priest and monk(god monks can heal so well). Avenger is very good if used correctly I swap to it alot, works really well with lighting storm and magera's rampage.

I'll take a closer look when I get home.
Edited by Gaudrik on 4/10/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the advice. I do not have any t14 gear which i know hurts (i wish i had the t14 4set). I try to keep up ef on at least 4 people at a time, but since i dont ave that t14 4set, it can get a little hrd to maintain, especially when burst healing is needed. I never spec Divine Purpose because i feel like the rng of it is !@#$ (either be great if lucky, but can also be a lot of over healing). That is why i stick with Holy Avenger. I do agree that i can use my cd's more often but i try to save them for when the healing is really needed. Any more in depth advice would be very appreciated. thanks.\

Also, one other quick question: how good is the healer shado pan assult rep trinket for holy? I am thinking of buying it to replace the %^-*ty maegera one i have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Very often, if a healer is behind the others, the main problem is that she is not being "aggressive" enough.

Healing is not independent of the other healers in the group. If you hold back, they will expand their healing to pick up your slack. If you heal aggressively, proactively, and not just reactively, the other healers will notice, and will adjust their healing to balance you.

It's a little hard to explain in words. But next time you heal don't worry about saving mana or cooldowns. Consciously try to spend more mana, to use bigger spells, to heal more even if it doesn't look like the healing is strictly necessary.

(Of course, don't be stupid and blow all your mana in the first 30 seconds.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Also, one other quick question: how good is the healer shado pan assult rep trinket for holy? I am thinking of buying it to replace the %^-*ty maegera one i have.

The 30k mana clicky is NICE. 3 min CD, its like having 2 extra potions in your bags for any given fight (sometimes 3).

With the mana cap (300k) in place, mana regen/conservation became king. Mastery is a mana conservation tool (bigger effective healing, less overhealing), and Spirit is obviously regen. Having a tool that gives us back that much mana, that often is just flat out amazing.

But look at the other healer trinkets. One is a direct mana regen. One is a charged, heal the lowest person, and a third is an absorb shield.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Great help so far. Any more?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Get the 522 rep trinket, it'll give you more through-put, and the Hydra trinket only use is the spirit on it. The proc on it isn't as useful vs the rep trinket.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]