End of Thunder Isle thoughts?

90 Undead Warlock
What were your thoughts of the final stage in the Isle of Thunder? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Even with this cease-fire, I doubt there is any chance of Dalaran being Neutral again.
Reply Quote
66 Draenei Paladin
I've gotta go do it on my rogue. Hmhrph.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
What?!? N. and S. Korea signed a cease-fire!?!

Even with this cease-fire, I doubt there is any chance of Dalaran being Neutral again.

I find it very, very hard to believe that Dalaran won't be involved in the next Burning Legion expansion and, therefore, won't be neutral again. It's just too iconic and persistent of a location in the Warcraft universe for it NOT to be able to be visited by both factions. Hell, they even rebuilt the damn thing after WCIII for that purpose.
Edited by Jaxra on 4/11/2013 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
inb4 people complain about Taran Zhu
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I liked it.

I liked how the Sunreaver shifted uncomfortably. I liked how Jaina gasped at the insinulation. I liked how the Blood Elves lowered their weapons first. I like the wisdom of Taran Zhu.

It now seems more fitting that the Isle of Thunder concentrated on the Sunreavers and Kirin Tor instead of the Horde and Alliance.

I think it more realistically sets up whats to come in 5.3 and 5.4 using the 'sub' factions rather then the Horde and Alliance as a whole. Rebellion usually starts off on the fringe. It makes more sense this way. For both sides.

That's just my take on it though.

Still...

I liked it.
Edited by Shrilinda on 4/11/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Felt pretty fuzzy at the end. It also wasn't annoying beyond comprehension like some of the others.

Also Shan Bu is skinnable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Felt pretty fuzzy at the end. It also wasn't annoying beyond comprehension like some of the others.

That is hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
What?!? N. and S. Korea signed a cease-fire!?!

I find it very, very hard to believe that Dalaran won't be involved in the next Burning Legion expansion and, therefore, won't be neutral again. It's just too iconic and persistent of a location in the Warcraft universe for it NOT to be able to be visited by both factions. Hell, they even rebuilt the damn thing after WCIII for that purpose.

The Sunreavers will make their own damn floating city. With blackjack and hookers!

I actually would like to see them not get let back in quite yet, and in their frustration make their own floating isle city. They probably could. But what isle to lift.

So uh... Did you take his face and pretend to be a mogu? Wasted opportunity if you didn't.
Reply Quote
It was like an underwhelming Shattered Sun grind.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
So uh... Did you take his face and pretend to be a mogu? Wasted opportunity if you didn't.

My character was not a skinner, unfortunately.

I never picked up professions when it came to RAF.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
The Sunreavers will make their own damn floating city. With blackjack and hookers!

All the goblins need to get their act together and do this already. I'd like something resembling Cloud City from the Star Wars meets Las Vegas.

. . . wow, that's the only Star Wars movie I like anymore . . . childhood shattered.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
My character was not a skinner, unfortunately.

I never picked up professions when it came to RAF.

For Christ's sake, Av, you even have the proper male Draenei body for it.

Opportunity.

Wasted.

Unless this was on an alt. Then I look a bit silly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Red Shirt Guy over on SoL mentioned this:

"Malfurion [The realm] just unlocked the final stage, there's an interesting but minor thing. After completing the Fall of Shan Bu, the quest text for Jaina says she "sees the Sunreavers in a new light" and seemingly no longer wants to fight them. (She had been under the assumption they were working for Garrosh, now she realizes they're against him too)."
Edited by Finaj on 4/11/2013 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"Sunreavers aren't even loyal to their own faction leader. Guess that means they're okay!"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Red Shirt Guy over on SoL mentioned this:

"Malfurion [The realm] just unlocked the final stage, there's an interesting but minor thing. After completing the Fall of Shan Bu, the quest text for Jaina says she "sees the Sunreavers in a new light" and seemingly no longer wants to fight them. (She had been under the assumption they were working for Garrosh, now she realizes they're against him too)."

Ugh.

That makes me sick.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It was interesting, but I kept feeling like there was something missing.

I am sad I am not a skinner now. :( I would have loved to have skinned Shan Bu.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Welp, Alliance-Dalaran was good while it lasted.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Dalaran is still loyal to the Alliance. Just because she can slightly tolerate the Sunreavers now doesn't mean she is making her city neutral again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/11/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Finaj

Dalaran is still loyal to the Alliance. Just because she can slightly tolerate the Sunreavers now doesn't mean she is making her city neutral again.

04/11/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Finaj
no longer wants to fight them.
She has the Silver Covenant on a leash, who seem to be the only ones with half a brain in the Isle, so it's effectively neutral if all it takes is Lor'themar saying "Nah, these guys are cool." If she's only interested in fighting Garrosh, then once he's not Warchief anymore she won't have an interest in fighting the Horde. Which is disappointing, I liked Fall of Theramore Jaina.
Edited by Karob on 4/11/2013 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I loved Fall of Theramore Jaina.

But instead of keeping her that way, which I love - we need more dark female characters - nope, gotta be lawful stupid. Puckerin' up to the same people who blew up her nation-state.

Does anyone else get the feeling that if this were real life, half of the Alliance command would be in asylums for Stockholm Syndrome and half of Horde command would be on Death Row for crimes against humanity?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]