No GDKP for now!

90 Draenei Paladin
In the next two to three weeks, I'm looking to start running a 25 man raid for 5.0 content. Mostly to kill some time, and maybe gear up an alt. Putting this post out there to see if there would be any interest in this.

The first run, tentatively would be on May 3rd, a Friday, around 9pm EST(Server time) until midnight or possibly till 1AM EST. That's a little ways off but my Fridays are currently occupied and it gives me a good chance to see if there would be any interest or if I should just make the run a 10 man.

We would start in MSV, and then play it by ear from there, to see if we'd hit any of the other two 5.0 raids that day.

I'm leaning on making the run a GDKP run, which if you are unfamiliar with, is Gold-DKP. Meaning we would bid on any items that drop. All gold obtained during the run would be evenly split between all individuals still in the raid at the conclusion of the run. There would be no buy-in fee to the run. Initial bids would be low, as I expect most of the gear to be DE'd, and people to only really seriously be bidding for transmog gear. All shards would be bid on at the end of the run, along with any patterns that may have dropped. I seriously doubt there to be a lot of money at the end of the run, what with the huge influx of higher level gear out there, and coins giving you the chance to get loot for free. That said, it's a pretty fun system and some of the best times I've had in WoW were these runs during WotLK as people went crazy bidding on certain items. Precious' Ribbon went for 20k! The bidding on that was fierce - Vent was off the wall. It was awesome.

I realize some people may be skeptical about this type of loot system. I led GDKP runs on Argent Dawn for about 6 months towards the end of WotLK with great success, on my previous main, Feanora. For more information about this type of loot system, you can read the link below, it's a lengthy read, but it's basically would my rules would be.

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-gdkp_run_discussion_spread_your_server/

You can see me in game on Aiyel. If I am not on that character, I am always in the channel GTA,(Grand Theft Aggro) on my alts. If GDKP does not hash out, I may still make a 25 man run, or maybe just do a 10 man. We'll see what happens. Feel free to drop me a mail, find me in the GTA channel, or post here, with any questions/interest/or if you'd like to sign up.
Edited by Aiyel on 4/18/2013 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
if i didnt work fridays 10p-8am server :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd help on normal run but not a gdkp run. After all, I can join an openraid run for free, I just need to sit in chat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'd help on normal run but not a gdkp run. After all, I can join an openraid run for free, I just need to sit in chat.

If you are just looking to "help", GDKP beats normal any day. You can bring a geared toon and walk away with some extra cash at the end of the run. Or you can bring a horribly geared alt, get carried and burn some gold on new gear.

Both situations are less extreme now than they used to be back in WotLK, it's unlikely people would bid 20k on items from 5.0 raids, so gear will be cheap and the amount of cash to split rather small. I don't really see the downside compared to OR though, with a GDKP system everybody gets something while OR might leave you empty-handed at the end of the run.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i'd totally come feaface~!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Ahhh. My 20k ribbon. MEMORIES!

You know I'm in either way :)
Reply Quote
I quit playing almost altogether (aka have no source of gear since I don't raid anymore) and have been trying to figure out how I'm ever going to get through my bank accounts.

I'm not committing to being there but if I am around there's at least one person who has gold to blow on crappy gear just because. :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
there's at least one person who has gold to blow on crappy gear just because. :)

Make that two!!!

jk I'm too jewy to spend gold on gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If it wasn't mon-fri I would be interested XD
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There's been a fair bit of interest in this, but sadly, due to some new work obligations that have come up, I'm going to have to put this on hiatus for the foreseeable future!

Thanks for the interest!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There's been a fair bit of interest in this, but sadly, due to some new work obligations that have come up, I'm going to have to put this on hiatus for the foreseeable future!

Thanks for the interest!

I hope everything works out for you! Keep us updated!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]