LAMESTRIKE!

LOL, so on MMO-Champ, its reported that LAMESTRIKE will be buffed by 100% in dmg and SP scaling. LOL. That's not ADMISSION of FAIL, no, no no..

That buff will still make LAMESTRIKE do LESS dmg than blizzard or arc-exp, AS-IS, let alone in that same MMO-Champ article, it reports blizzard and arc-exp will be buffed by 40% each as well.

Seriously, the dmg would have to be increased by 400% before it would actually be useful. Right now, it is really only good if you have PoM and a HUGE mob where you need to move A LOT.. And even then, arc-exp is still better.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
So...don't use Flamestrike, then.

And don't complain when they recognize our AoE is lacking and buff us accordingly.

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Are you kidding me? If you aren't already using flamestrike in AoE situations of 5 or more then you are doing it wrong. A 100% buff to it? Even better. Are you forgetting that it applies a dot which you can stack with blizzard or arcane explosion?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Are you kidding me? If you aren't already using flamestrike in AoE situations of 5 or more then you are doing it wrong. A 100% buff to it? Even better. Are you forgetting that it applies a dot which you can stack with blizzard or arcane explosion?

Why flamestrike over nether tempest?
If AoE targets can move (Which they almost always can in 5.2) nether tempest is the safer bet.
I don't use flamestrike on 5 or more mobs, I never use flamestrike for the reason that if it does more DPS, it won't be noticable, I must be stationary to cast it and nether tempest has no positional requirement.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
04/13/2013 07:21 PMPosted by Warping

Why flamestrike over nether tempest?
If AoE targets can move (Which they almost always can in 5.2) nether tempest is the safer bet.
I don't use flamestrike on 5 or more mobs, I never use flamestrike for the reason that if it does more DPS, it won't be noticable, I must be stationary to cast it and nether tempest has no positional requirement.

We are talking about pve right? Mobs don't usually run away from the tank. Flamestrike has a cooldown so I just use it under the tank whenever it is available then go back to nether tempest multi dotting then arcane explosion as a filler if all dots are up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
When in PVE are there ever a cloud of mobs on the tank AND the tank is motionless? Bats on Tortos? That's it, right? Maybe the ball lightning in p2/3 of Lei Shen? There are no other AoE fights where the classic AoEs are worth anything at all.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
I tried the old Fire and Ice AoE on the large group of mobs in Heart of Fear. (FlameStrike + Blizzard) Still pretty terrible. This is actually an upgrade from totally useless. But still it's pointless to AoE. Just replace Mages with a Monk and the Spinning Crane Kick and win already.

I really wonder why Mage AoE (Other than Frost) was so bad off this XP?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Why would you not use FS? And anything above 3+ is my question
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Why would you not use FS?on anything above 3+ is my question! Esp when you pop images FS + invo.

You can shadopan a hasted FS From trinket I use that trinket to refresh dots 1-2 hard cast and prbly a FM And a invocation I can not all at once depends on what priority atm
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Pretty sure the OP's issue was with the damage not versatility of the spell.. Simply put if the targets aren't bunched up then no class would be using AoE spells on them anyway so why complain about flame strike?
If the situation involves greater returns from using AoE spells, then flamestrike has a higher DPET than arcane explosion so it should be used. At least it makes the rotation a bit more interesting than just spamming explosion or channeling blizzard.
Reply Quote
Could you possibly make a post where you only capitalize, maximum, one word in the post?

OR shall we CAPITALIZE random WORDS just willy NILLY?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mS5GK--cQ

Skip to 0:52 of video and never question flamestrike again.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
if your using blizzard your doin it wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mS5GK--cQ

Skip to 0:52 of video and never question flamestrike again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
HiJ
When in PVE are there ever a cloud of mobs on the tank AND the tank is motionless? Bats on Tortos? That's it, right? Maybe the ball lightning in p2/3 of Lei Shen? There are no other AoE fights where the classic AoEs are worth anything at all.

Horridon Adds
Tortos Bats
Heroic Mag nether adds
Ji-kun nests
Heroic durumu little eyes
Lei Shen Ball Lightning
Edited by Rick on 4/14/2013 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Horridon adds are neither stacked up nor motionless. Ji-kun is a good example, as are (presumably) the heroic encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
You would want to pre-plant the FS. They changed the way it works btw
What ever is in its rune gets a dot after the initial damage to what ever got hit by it.

So lets say you see a pack of mobs moving to the right to move rune 2 seconds ahead of it to the right so they'd land right into it.

If you have a hasted FS like from the shadow pan trinket all the better then refresh dots
Reply Quote

Quote from Hakuren
Could you possibly make a post where you only capitalize, maximum, one word in the post?

I find, it helps YOU to read them.
And they they KEEP you coming back for more.
Reply Quote

Quote from Hakuren

I find, it helps YOU to read them.
And they they KEEP you coming back for more.

No it just makes me think I'm dealing with a HS/college freshmen in English I.

they they? Really now.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage
You should use Flamestrike when you have more than 10+ enemies in a concentrated place. The reason Flamestrike is superior to blizzard is because, even though it has a cast time, it is not channeled. You can drop your flamestrike and then continue with your rotation while the numbers fly.

I use flamestrike on occasion, I NEVER use blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]