Feelings on this WoW Insider article?

100 Draenei Shaman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this a big reason the Alliance were unhappy with cata? Because we were forced to fall behind Thrall the whole time? And at least he had the decency to be neutral. Vol'jin? Nope, he's still firmly horde.

I think the devs. had a good idea, its just that it needed to be, again presented better. I actually like the thought that we are using the Horde, that in the end we are helping Vol'jin so we end up turning the Horde into our cannon fodder, not that we are servants of Vol'jin. At the very least the devs. are trying to correct that perception.
Edited by Zerde on 4/15/2013 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Article brought up a lot of good points

And yea, the issue wasnt lack of victories, its that they were never shown, especially the ones that we were told to have had in Gilneas, not only were told on the Horde side, but never actually shown after the fact or any evidence through phasing and what not of happening.

But yea, thats the main beef that he got down right, everything the Alliance does has mainly been a reaction to what the Horde is doing, and that stinks

And good comparison between the Thrall quests of cata and Voljin now (at least Thrall was neutral lol)
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
It's a well written article, it has some thought behind it, but I don't exactly agree with it.

And yes, asking for a victory is what got us MoP with the last boss being a pretty big victory for the Alliance thematically.

But, you know, again victory wasn't the problem and it's not going to help.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The problems with the Alliance are too numerous to count. 5.3 is a good snapshot though. The alliance isn't really doing anything, we're just falling behind Vol'jin. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this a big reason the Alliance were unhappy with cata? Because we were forced to fall behind Thrall the whole time? And at least he had the decency to be neutral. Vol'jin? Nope, he's still firmly horde.

Actually we helped Vol'jin in cata too... Patch 5.1 was all about trolls.
Edited by Drede on 4/15/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We barely helped Vol'Jin in Cata. Do we actually interact with him now in 5.3(PTR)?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
But yea, that's the main beef that he got down right, everything the Alliance does has mainly been a reaction to what the Horde is doing, and that stinks

The Superfriends can't do anything until the Legion of Doom has some dastardly plot.

With the roles we've both been saddled with, we can't do anything about it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
We barely helped Vol'Jin in Cata. Do we actually interact with him now in 5.3(PTR)?

Yes we do, the player can act snarky and ask him what would happen if they keep the supply, Vol'jin give a snarky comment and we will be able to reply back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Superfriends can't do anything until the Legion of Doom has some dastardly plot.

@_@ This is why Blizzard doesn't pay attention to us.

Yes we do, the player can act snarky and ask him what would happen if they keep the supply, Vol'jin give a snarky comment and we will be able to reply back.

Go ahead and act Snark. I on the other hand will respect him.....even if he is a Troll.
Reply Quote

Meanwhile in the Legion Of Doom...

@_@ This is why Blizzard doesn't pay attention to us.

As it stands, the role of the Alliance in World of Warcraft is one of reaction, and it's tied to the Horde and their role of action.

The fact the Alliance is reactive to the Horde was mentioned in the statement, it's a fair gripe.
Edited by Letivus on 4/15/2013 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The fact the Alliance is reactive to the Horde was mentioned in the statement, it's a fair gripe.

I'd rather be mature about it then make sarcastic comments like above. Sorry Letivus you're cool Pally and all but I think we can do better then that. Having a victory is nice and seeing it is good but I'd like Stromgarde and the Arathi Highlands back thank you.
Edited by Aeluron on 4/15/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I'd rather be mature about it then make sarcastic comments like above. Sorry Letivus you're cool Pally and all but I think we can do better then that. Having a victory is nice and seeing it is good but I'd like Stromgarde and the Arathi Highlands back thank you.

I get that, but if we're reactive to the Horde exclusively, what are the odds of taking the Highlands/Stromgarde really?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I get that, but if we're reactive to the Horde exclusively, what are the odds of taking the Highlands/Stromgarde really?

Not much but game mechanics make it sad :(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Go ahead and act Snark. I on the other hand will respect him.....even if he is a Troll.

I lost any respect I had for him the moment he mentioned allowing Sylvanas to use our corpse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah well nobody said Vol'Jin had to like us.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I lost any respect I had for him the moment he mentioned allowing Sylvanas to use our corpse.

Once again: in a sarcastic, hypothetical and idle threat which requires you provoke him for him to utter it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Meanwhile in the Legion Of Doom...

The Alliance is Aquaman?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Forget about snark and Voljin and the rebellion.

It's a side issue.

The Article doesn't hit the problems of the Alliance.

Leadership is to centralized.
Humans are given disproportionatly more screen time and pull.
Varian's High King position flip flops in what he can and can't do. Is it military, or political in nature? Because despite what Blizzard said, entering talks with Horde members to gain access to the Alliance is one hell of a political move. The fact that it happens to have military signifigance shouldnt matter.

Lack of definition. What IS the Alliance? Do they share similar goals, or do they work together because they have to.

There are so many issues that "all you want is a victory" is really missing the point.

Wrathion's faction comparison was good.

It pointed out that the Horde was about the Horde and the player, and how they started to move it into a bright future where the Alliance one was about how Varian was the one who was doing everything.

They did get that right
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Because in the end, that's all the Alliance really want. A victory. Success.

No, it's not. We've had victories. Winning doesn't make something a good story.

They lack a leader that shows them what it means to be Alliance. And, in fact, they lack that reason to be a proud member of the Alliance at all.

We do have a leader now and it's really a big problem with the storyline. It doesn't really add faction pride and it diminishes the efforts of the player and other races. Not feeling like a part of the alliance doesn't bring faction pride.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Once again: in a sarcastic, hypothetical and idle threat which requires you provoke him for him to utter it.

I dont particularly care. Even from an ingame perspective mentioning Sylvanas and her using our corpses(idle threat or not) would probable enrage the Alliance.

Varian's High King position flip flops in what he can and can't do. Is it military, or political in nature?

Its purely military. They have answer it several times.
Edited by Zerde on 4/15/2013 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/15/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Zerde

I dont particularly care. Even from an ingame perspective mentioning Sylvanas and her using our corpses(idle threat or not) would probable enrage the Alliance.

Then you are ignoring the context instead of actually listening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]