New tweets

90 Night Elf Druid
What? No thank you for locking Copeland in a room and interrogating him for as long as I can come up with tweets?

<--1990Sanji

But no, really. I just decided to go on a tweet binge. I do that a lot. If any of you have lore questions I'd be happy to tweet when I remember/not lazy.

Many thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just wished he asked my question on how immortal/indestructible the LK was.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Time to harass him! MWAHAHAHHAHA
Reply Quote
Thanks, Geth. This is some juicy stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks Geth, I like the lore info like that that gets overlooked since it's not very viewable in gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So then, could we put Malfurion on trial for it?

I have some energy drink to keep him from running away in the emerald dream and some good silk rope lying around.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Its funny, Jaina was getting this same treatement less than a year ago. No worries, all Malfurion has to do is slaughter a few Hordies and he will be everyone favorate character again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Its funny, Jaina was getting this same treatement less than a year ago. No worries, all Malfurion has to do is slaughter a few Hordies and he will be everyone favorate character again.

He can start by killing even one. Ever.

Like, say, the ones who raid his wife every once in a while. Or the ones who killed the daughter of his student. Instead of killing the student without so much as a "Okay, sorry I let you down".
Edited by Sylassanna on 4/18/2013 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
04/18/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Sylassanna

He can start by killing even one. Ever.

Like, say, the ones who raid his wife every once in a while. Or the ones who killed the daughter of his student. Instead of killing the student without so much as a "Okay, sorry I let you down".

People still raid faction leaders?

My server must be dead, or something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Malfurion being a guy who doesn't give two rats about other people (besides Tyrande) is why I love him, to be perfectly honest. I think it makes him really interesting, since that's not usually the personality you'd give to a big name hero.
Edited by Reignac on 4/19/2013 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Abendrothe
It brings up an older theory I have that Malfurion was especially harsh with Illidan because he was afraid he'd take Tyrande from him

AHAHHAHAAHAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HAHAHAAHAHA

WHERE'S HAELY WHEN YOU NEED HIM

MUH MALFURION!

Oh look someone knows me yay!

04/15/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Ferlion
If Illidan knew he was illegally banished I think he wouldn't of gone insane. Poor Illidan...now I feel even more bad for him.

It brings up an older theory I have that Malfurion was especially harsh with Illidan because he was afraid he'd take Tyrande from him

It has been expressively shown that Tyrande always loved Malfurion and never had any romantic feelings for Illidan.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It has been expressively shown that Tyrande always loved Malfurion and never had any romantic feelings for Illidan.

Malfurion can't read Tyrande's mind. There's a scene in WotA where he's absolutely shocked Tyrande loves him (and he happened to have a telepathic link with Illidan at the time, so from Illidan's POV he thought Furion was rubbing it in his face).
Edited by Reignac on 4/19/2013 2:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Reignac

Malfurion can't read Tyrande's mind. There's a scene in WotA where he's absolutely shocked Tyrande loves him (and he happened to have a telepathic link with Illidan at the time, so from Illidan's POV he thought Furion was rubbing it in his face).

Wish he was Illidan deserved it.

Tyrande was always kind of infatuated with Malfurion and everything showed that, at least for me it showed that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There was also his nightmare in Stormrage, when Tyrande was disgusted at Malfurion's gnarled tree form he was trapped in and turned to Illidan instead.

It's a very real fear he had.

I'm not saying it had any logical basis (Tyrande certainly loved Illidan like a brother though, the three of them grew up together), but Malfurion always was worried about it regardless.
Edited by Reignac on 4/19/2013 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There was also his nightmare in Stormrage, when Tyrande was disgusted at Malfurion's gnarled tree form he was trapped in and turned to Illidan instead.

It's a very real fear he had.

I'm not saying it had any logical basis (Tyrande certainly loved Illidan like a brother though, the three of them grew up together), but Malfurion always was worried about it regardless.

Which is another reason why he's such a great guy. Malfurion has always thought little of himself and very humble. He knows he is powerful, but he doesn't go flaunting it around acting like a Druid God. He does what he believes is right and it usually is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
:snort:

Humble. Hah. You do not make a decision for an entire race about their lives out of a sense of humility.
Reply Quote
73 Worgen Rogue
04/15/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Omacron
ok what is this guy credentials?

Sean Copeland is one of Blizzard's three historians. He's paid to know all the lore there is to know. He made waves at Blizzcon 2011 by going onto stage with Metzen so he didn't have another "Isn't Falstad dead"? moment and by introducing himself as "Blue Shirt Guy".

He's also got pretty good taste in liquor.

Could you imagen... being paid just to know WoW lore... Dream job.
Reply Quote
:snort:

Humble. Hah. You do not make a decision for an entire race about their lives out of a sense of humility.

People constantly get angry at him over this and then I have to wonder what other solution could there of been. There wasn't much to sit and talk about a solution, Malfurion chose a logical yet crappy solution in a horrible situation.

Also he made a choice that saved the entire planet. Night Elves can just get the f*uck over it honestly. If Archmonde was able to follow through with his plan the Night Elves would of been either slaughtered or enslaved.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
People constantly get angry at him over this and then I have to wonder what other solution could there of been. There wasn't much to sit and talk about a solution, Malfurion chose a logical yet crappy solution in a horrible situation.

Also he made a choice that saved the entire planet. Night Elves can just get the f*uck over it honestly. If Archmonde was able to follow through with his plan the Night Elves would of been either slaughtered or enslaved.

That is not to what I refer.
Reply Quote
That is not to what I refer.

To what do you refer?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]