Sentry Totem 182: Path of Hexile

90 Draenei Shaman
I know right? lol.
41 Goblin Shaman
GUESS WHO'S BACK
90 Pandaren Monk
no
90 Troll Shaman
Nice. Caster DPS Legendary appears to be broken unless I'm misunderstanding how RPPM and coefficients work.

I'm curious - for melee, are you guys seeing the coefficients properly added to your meta gem proc rate?
100 Pandaren Shaman
I have no idea, it just kind of procs. A lot.
100 Troll Shaman
Nice. Caster DPS Legendary appears to be broken unless I'm misunderstanding how RPPM and coefficients work.
I've kinda noticed the same thing.

Anywho finally got around to watching Defiance and I like it so far. This might make me start tuning in so I don't have to wait for episodes to be uploaded. :x
!@#$ college and final projects all being for next Tuesday. Someone shoot me dead now please.
!@#$ college and final projects all being for next Tuesday. Someone shoot me dead now please.

Okay, but only cause you asked so nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6hB9NTYD0E
90 Draenei Mage
Hey, cool, parsed for the first time since Week 3 of MoP. Needs me a legendary meta now @_@
90 Troll Shaman
I've kinda noticed the same thing.

I'm 100% sure the meta is bugged. Warlocks and Fire Mages with their 0.5 and 0.3ish coefficients are getting the same proc rates as we are with 1.891.

Kinda sucks because we're not going to get the voice we need, as every class with a coefficient less than 1 is going to get nerfed if a fix comes through.
Edited by Azloran on 4/18/2013 12:19 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Monk
New Black Sabbath this year. I'm excited.
90 Worgen Warlock
There's some lock over on the DD forum complaining about the SL "nerf" affecting his PvE experience even though I'm pretty sure that the change won't actually impact PvE, and even if it did it would be an extremely minimal amount that you wouldn't even notice.

Caster DPS Legendary appears to be broken unless I'm misunderstanding how RPPM and coefficients work.

STACK HASTE. ALL OF IT.
Edited by Varlth on 4/18/2013 1:15 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk
so what i'm hearing is blizz went through all this trouble making RPPM so its super intelligent and fair.... and its breaking and overall pissing everyone off..... yup sounds right
90 Worgen Warlock
Cha-ye's trinket won't stop proccing for me :(

But that's because haste is hilarious as affliction and RPPM stuff. Can't wait for meta and Meg trinket.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm curious - for melee, are you guys seeing the coefficients properly added to your meta gem proc rate?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a5jkb1ztxbxjg2la/details/0/
^ 239 procs

http://dread-gaming.com/simc/purge_mop_147.html
^ 238.4 procs predicted on average for that combat length

Looks close enough to me.
Edited by Purge on 4/18/2013 1:49 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a5jkb1ztxbxjg2la/details/0/
^ 239 procs

http://dread-gaming.com/simc/purge_mop_147.html
^ 238.4 procs predicted on average for that combat length

Looks close enough to me.

Cool. Also looking at your most recent log for your durumu kill, I get this (with the spec's coefficient in parenthesis):

Moondel 291 (1.789)
Freezypop 288 (1.721)
Angelxoxo 241 (1.295)
Fatkidnolife 219 (1.152)
Ploob 196 (0.838)
Megarises 184 (0.950)
Purge 183 (0.809)
Rangoon 161 (prot - 1.000)
Sneakar 160 (0.950)

Obviously RNG will have something to do with it, but the hunters seem a bit low compared to their coefficient. Everyone else is completely in line.

For casters, everyone is getting 25% uptime which is obviously not correct.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Obviously RNG will have something to do with it, but the hunters seem a bit low compared to their coefficient. Everyone else is completely in line.

Well, there's also differences in time-on-target and haste to take into account.

But yeah, the caster meta seems to be off. Would be a good idea if an ele shaman decided to attack a target dummy for a long period of time (say ~2-3+ hours) in order to get a good picture of what sort of uptime the meta has in-game. Only need to spam LB, since RPPM shouldn't care how many abilities you use or how often you attack. Might need to glyph telluric currents (I don't know how mana-neutral LB spam is).

Could also do a shorter test like I did for the melee meta, but it probably won't be as close to its "true" potential since the caster meta has a much lower base RPPM rate (1.18 vs. 4.20 (21.00/5)) and will be more subject to large RNG swings as a result.
Edited by Purge on 4/18/2013 2:40 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Well, there's also differences in time-on-target and haste to take into account.

Of course, I was just trying give a ballpark figure and very very general trend to show that it's working pretty much as intended and stated.

Considering a Fire Mage (0.302) and an Elemental Shaman (1.891) have such similar proc rates, RNG/Uptime/Haste would not be able to explain it.

I think that testing these two you could easily find the trend within a 10 minute test.

Either way, I just got the meta yesterday and was looking for info so I'll be seriously testing it tonight.
Edited by Azloran on 4/18/2013 2:57 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/18/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Azloran
I think that testing these two you could easily find the trend within a 10 minute test.

Yes, a shorter test would be sufficient to illustrate whether a difference exists between fire+ele (10 mins might still be too short), but it would be fairly useless if we wanted to take the analysis much farther (i.e. figuring out what the coefficients actually are).
Edited by Purge on 4/18/2013 3:02 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Here's a short test. Again, I know that it's not enough to draw massive conclusions. But I'm just providing some data points.

Took off my haste proc trinket to ensure constant haste over the entire fight.

17:07 fight length. +26.29% Haste.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8xqfvb16dacq2gsh/details/0/

26 Procs.

Expected Procs with 1.891 coefficient:
1.18 RPPM * 17.12 minutes * 1.2629 haste * 1.891 (Elemental) = 48.23 procs

Expected Procs with no coefficient:
1.18 RPPM * 17.12 minutes * 1.2629 haste = 25.51 procs
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]