Massive Lei Shen Lag Spike

90 Troll Rogue
Just like on Ji Kun, Lei Shen has a massive issue where if a Hunter uses Stampede, it causes an absolutely massive lag spike to all who are in the raid.

It caused a multitude of trouble for us in the raid, causing several people to seize up entirely for thirty seconds each time it was used during the Lei Shen encounter. Might want to try to rectify this!
Reply Quote
I just did the Lei Shen fight this afternoon and even with all my graphics set as low as they would go and I was getting the same HUGE lag spikes to the point of frezzing my game for 20-30 seconds each time and it just wound up as a wipefest because of so many folks having lag spikes.

I don't have lag issues with the computer I have and the last time this type of huge lag spike happened was when I was on my horde fighting the Sha world boss and it was a combination pve and pvp fight and even in AV with everyone from both teams in one small area I don't have that kind of lag issues so something needs to be done.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Same.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Is this still just strictly a "stampede" issue? Just wondering, because naturally I let the horses run right out of the gate, but I'd also like to actually get past the first 30 seconds...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I had the same thing and it was frozen for so long the server kicked me twice. Causing me to be taken out of the raid after being on the boss for 10 wipes.

Can they fix this? I'm not sure its always with stampede either.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Try disabling all of your addons, previously this was found to be connected to addons such as skada/recount and similar combat-log analyzing addons.
Reply Quote
66 Draenei Paladin
Is this still just strictly a "stampede" issue? Just wondering, because naturally I let the horses run right out of the gate, but I'd also like to actually get past the first 30 seconds...

I've only seen it occur when a hunter uses Stampede. It might not solely be Stampede but those are my experiences.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah in lfr we had the same problem, everyone was having huge lag spikes. Im not sure how long everyones were going for but mine was for about 30-40 seconds before i finally unfroze. We eventually downed him but the lag made it a huge pain and many wipes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Only seen it happen with stampede or army of the dead.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
not sure if its related to stampede at all but yeah... last night every time on pulling Lei Shen my FPS would drop from 140fps to like 0 for about 30 secs after the initial pull after that it would be fine again. was happening without fail every pull. super video lag.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Same issue here it was only happening whenever stampede was up, however it wasn't happening every pull. Please fix this don't want anymore wasted raid nights because of a bug
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
After turning down my graphics, it has done nothing. Switched from Windowed mode and full screen with no result. I'm testing now to see if turning off all my add ons will do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Same, running top of the line alien ware, with the fastest Verizon has to offer. Graphics turned to absolute minimum and still 20-45 sec on frozen screen. I vote for every week this is ignore we get free bonus valors!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I was doing Lei Shen in LFR today and we got this absurd lag spike at the beginning of the fight.

There were 6 hunters in the raid, including me, and I got the lag at the beginning only.

This happens nowhere else, it's not my graphic card, I'm sure of it.

Fix this crap, please.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I was actually in the same LFR as Ametrallador, and it only happened in Lei Shen, except for me it also happened later on the same fight just around when the cool down for stampede was up.

It didn't happen on any other fight but we were "only" 4 hunters before then.
Edited by Cimaron on 4/23/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This happens to me every time I do this boss, but it only does it for the first several seconds of the fight. Right on the pull there's a huge lag spike. It goes away after a little while, but it's unplayable during those several seconds.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Same issue here - currently have 7 hunters in raid but getting a massive lag spike every time on pull.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm getting this issue, too. I'm a Mac player and I thought it was the typical lag I get from the horrible gaming support Macs provide. When I'm completely disabled for 30 seconds it's just stupid.

Based on some of the responses above though this seems to happen on both Windows and Mac platforms. It feels like an I/O conflict on the hard drive. Is Blizzard forcing us to buy SSD's now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]