How do you see someones Alts?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Basically, if you know the name of one toon how do you find related account toons? For instance, you see this toons name and you want to see all others that are linked to this account how do you do it?

I see a lot of people calling out others for being a troll because they hide behind lvl 1 postings but how do you know this?

My main reason and concern is towards guild protection. We had a GB thief and I want to make sure that the individual responsible is completely weeded out and can't do any further damage. Though guilds try to lock down their GB sometimes the thief lies in wait for somethings when the time is right...I want to stop that in ours.

So again, how can we look at one toon and find related account toons?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There's supposedly a plugin for web browsers. It seems kind of... stalky to me, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
only on forums. there's an add on for firefox that you can add. Idr what it's called tho. that only counts if they've posted on the alts in the forums. If they haven't you wont know.
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warlock
There's supposedly a plugin for web browsers. It seems kind of... stalky to me, though.
I agree with this gentleman to whom I have no connection.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
It's an addon/plugin for Chrome, I believe.
Only works on forums though, if I'm not nistaken
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Cogshanks.

I no longer use it, but it should be available for Chrome or Firefox.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Ignore
Cogshanks
http://www.guildox.com/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There's an addon. Wowprogress will also list alts if you're signed up on the site and registered.
Edited by Dûchene on 4/18/2013 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I no longer use it, but it should be available for Chrome or Firefox.

It is. And it only shows characters that have posted on the forums. I'm hoping my list only shows this paladin. :P

There's also an option through the addon website to delist yourself, so that your alts don't show up.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Note that Cogshanks can only see the characters someone has posted on, it can't show you characters that have never been used on the forums.

There's also an option to delist yourself, so it won't show everyone's characters.

I'm hoping my list only shows this paladin. :P

It does.
Edited by Choonster on 4/18/2013 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Note that Cogshanks can only see the characters someone has posted on, it can't show you characters that have never been used on the forums.

There's also an option to delist yourself, so it won't show everyone's characters.

I'm hoping my list only shows this paladin. :P

It does.

Were you always a dwarf? Or am I going crazy.
Reply Quote
37 Pandaren Monk
There's also an option through the addon website to delist yourself, so that your alts don't show up.
As a person with no alts, and specifically none in this thread, this is cool to know they have.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Were you always a dwarf? Or am I going crazy.

I was once a proud Forsaken, but my guild decided to relocate to a new realm and faction a year or two ago. So I became a Dwarf.

Creepy......

It certainly is, person with an unpronounceable alt name on Detheroc.
Edited by Choonster on 4/18/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
There's an add-on for the Chrome browser called Cogshanks that will let you see when someone posts on an alt, but they have to have posted on a different character on that same account at some point. It doesn't just pull up a list of someone's alts, however.

With account-wide achievements, if you pay attention you can figure out who some folks are. If you see a level 10 character with 8,000+ achievement points, there's a very good chance that's someone's alt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Creepy......

Nah. Most people barely notice the list of alts. I know I don't really pay attention.

The only time it comes in handy is the rare time someone is seriously trolling, using several alts to troll a thread, pretending to be different people.

Aside from that, it doesn't really matter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I miss the good ole days when we had forum signatures and people would get caught agreeing with themselves on alts and even sometimes arguing with themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Kinda wish it was like D3 forums. Can see all their classes and check out their builds and gear. As someone who plays and posts on all his chars a way to unify them on the forums and let me choose an icon at will would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
26 Goblin Warlock
I miss the good ole days when we had forum signatures and people would get caught agreeing with themselves on alts and even sometimes arguing with themselves.
Arguing with yourself is fun. I'll do it even if everyone knows who my alts are.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
http://www.guildox.com/

It only catches some alts apparently, because they are missing some of mine. I'm not sure how they caught the two they did, but I'm curious how it missed the rest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]