Hit Level 77 in Northrend, what next?

80 Human Hunter
I've hit level 77 and currently questing at Winterguard Keep. Got a letter referring to the Argent Tournament in Icecrown. So, should I head to a different zone at level 77? I did show up at Zul'Drak, but haven't done any quests. When will I get pointed to different zones, for example, Icecrown? If Icecrown is a good place to go, how do I get there? Just start flying in that direction?

Finally, what is the Argent Tournament? I don't PVP at all because my kiting skills are crappy. I can handle computer generated mobs but not other players, lol!

Any comments appreciated, tHX
Reply Quote
The Tournament is just another PvE quest hub and a source of dailies from when Northrend was still new, but at this point it's not only very optional, it'll also be easier to work on once you're at level cap. Some quests have you running around doing the usual fetching and killing, but some let you joust with the other NPCs, and eventually buy mounts, pets, and heirlooms, even earn titles such as <of Stormwind>.

More information here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Argent_Tournament

There may still be at least two breadcrumb quests near the FP in Dalaran, one to find Hemet Nesingwary in Sholazar, one to help out in Icecrown. In either zone you'll hit 80 very quickly and can return to SW to start the Cata zones (which will also go by a lot faster now). I haven't quested there in quite a while, and just vaguely remember quests for Icecrown being offered at the end of another zone, probably Zul'Drak. I generally prefer Storm Peaks, which can start in the goblin base of K3, and haven't done much in Icecrown.

These are the two quest chains started by those breadcrumbs:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Sholazar_Basin_quests
http://www.wowpedia.org/Icecrown_quests
Edited by Drewb on 4/20/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Have you xped in Scholozar yet? It's usually my preferred zone to get close to or reach 80. Definitely my favorite Northrend zone by far.
Edited by Monmonn on 4/20/2013 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
Thanks for the comments! Haven't been to Scholozar yet. I'll go to Dalaran and look for a breadcrumb or two. Or, maybe I'll do some Zul'Dra stuff and see if I get pointed somewhere from there.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
IMHO, Zul'Drak sucks big time. Do Sholzaar and then hit the Goblin town in Icecrown for the "They Took Our Men" quest line at 78.
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
I'm currently in Scholozar Basin. Like the scenery, not very stressful (my toon is a little OP, but that's what maxes it relaxing). When I get tired of Scholzar, I'll head over to Icecrown. Dalaran still has the breadcrumbs, for Icecrown you first report to a ship, which is odd. (went there briefly just to see what was there). My Mining skill is increasing OK here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/20/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Buffydor
When I get tired of Scholzar, I'll head over to Icecrown.

Sholozar Basin (sp?) will carry you all the way to 80 if you want. There may be no need for you to go to Icecrown at all unless you want to. Icecrown is also meant for your level range (hence the breadcrumb), so if you wanted to you could go straight there and not do Scholozar at all.
Edited by Avanna on 4/20/2013 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Definately do "They Took Our Men" in K2 in Storm Peaks. This is the start of the epic quest chain for the Sons of Hodir and can be done at level 77.
Reply Quote
I'm currently in Scholozar Basin. Like the scenery, not very stressful (my toon is a little OP, but that's what maxes it relaxing). When I get tired of Scholzar, I'll head over to Icecrown. Dalaran still has the breadcrumbs, for Icecrown you first report to a ship, which is odd. (went there briefly just to see what was there). My Mining skill is increasing OK here.

I actually prefer Storm Peaks to Icecrown. I definitely like leveling in the "prettier" zones and tend to stay in areas I find visually appealing. You may want to check it out if you get sick of Scholozar. It has a mountainous theme as opposed to rain forest, but the combination of the sky with the peaks and snow is really outstanding.
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
How do I get to Storm Peaks? Is there a breadcrumb somewhere? I just finished up Sholozar Basin and I'm at 79, just short of 80.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
How do I get to Storm Peaks? Is there a breadcrumb somewhere? I just finished up Sholozar Basin and I'm at 79, just short of 80.

I think if you head to K3 (a goblin outpost in the southern part of Storm Peaks) you can start picking up quests there. There's probably a breadcrumb quest that sends you there somewhere, but I can't remember off the top of my head where it would be. If you have flying, you can just fly on over there (I don't think flight paths are automatically unlocked anymore); otherwise, you can teleport to Crystalsong Forest from Dalaran, and then find the path that goes north into Storm Peaks. Eventually you'll find your way to K3.

Also--just cause it's been spelled like 5 different ways or so in this thread--it's spelled Sholazar Basin. xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Definately do "They Took Our Men" in K2 in Storm Peaks. This is the start of the epic quest chain for the Sons of Hodir and can be done at level 77.

I'm not quite sure why this is being suggested over other content? Since the release of Mists the enchantments that you could only get from the Sons of Hodir have been discontinued.

(Don't get me wrong - I did it and enjoyed it, so I'm not recommending against it - I just am wondering why it's still being recommended as preferred content as that probably means there something I don't know that's probably useful to know!)

<S>
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/21/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Sylth

I'm not quite sure why this is being suggested over other content? Since the release of Mists the enchantments that you could only get from the Sons of Hodir have been discontinued.

(Don't get me wrong - I did it and enjoyed it, so I'm not recommending against it - I just am wondering why it's still being recommended as preferred content as that probably means there something I don't know that's probably useful to know!)

<S>

There's always the potential for other rewards, like the mounts you can only get through the Sons of Hodir. As well as simply enjoying the experience of the story.

Your quote doesn't say anything about the enchants (that are no longer in the game). Simply that it's an "epic" quest chain. Maybe it's just really fun! :)
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
I eventually just flew to the right spot. I have had some iffy experiences with flying into unkown territory, sometimes I fly too near some hostile and get attacked. But in this instance, I found K2, and did a couple of quests. I dinged 80 pretty soon, and headed to Mount Hyjal or whatever it's called. But I feel like maybe I'm missing something from The Storm Peak. I may just go back and quest some more. I assume I can still get at least some XP there even if I'm currently 80.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yes, you could probably reach 85 (or even 90) just by questing and killing mobs in Northrend if you really wanted to, but that would take much longer than if you did it in the higher level zones.

If your goal is to reach max level as quickly as possible, you should always be questing in the highest level zone whose quest-givers will give you the time of day. On the other hand, if your goal is to enjoy the story, find out what happens to all the NPCs you care about, feel like a hero, and have an enriching and relaxing experience, that advice will not serve you well at all.

And to answer another poster's question about the Sons of Hodir quest chain: it is still relevant because it does still allow you to buy BoA shoulder enchants that are BiS for level 80 twinks (which are popular due to the Herald of the Titans achievement). Maybe not something everyone needs to do, but certainly something that some people still consider important.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks!

Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning whether the OP should go there, or whether it's fun... I was just wondering if there was something I was missing. Prior to Mists it was pretty much a required quest chain due to the enchants and that's no longer the case [ for most players - thanks Arnblas] but I wondered if there was something else that made it still "required".

There's so much to do there that you simply can't even come close to doing it all before you outlevel it.

<S>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]