Bloodlord Mandokir

90 Tauren Druid
He needs to rez solo players.

Edit for why:

He is required to obtain the Lashtail Hatchling. It's silly to have pets in obsolete content that cannot reliably be obtained solo.
Edited by Hudax on 4/20/2013 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Pandaren Monk
MMORPG
Reply Quote
i doubt the encounter would be changed to remove the insta-kill attack.
they have a few methods:
bring a friend

be a dk and use the escape death mechanic and gain a ton of atk power to blow him up before he does it again.

use a hunter and use the snakes at the appropriate time to get rezzed
Reply Quote
85 Troll Monk
I think only the snakes method works atm.. they capped vengeance a while back now because of that one level 80 pally soloing 90 raid bosses
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Just take a friend. Most people have at least one. Its not even something you have to roll against someone for like the raid pets.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/20/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Thirdfaction
MMORPG

Did you say that when people asked for un-soloable old raid encounters to be made soloable?

If I wanted to play a game where I had to have help with every little thing, I'd still be playing EQ.

04/20/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Gistene
i doubt the encounter would be changed to remove the insta-kill attack.

Didn't ask for that. On the contrary, if the encounter rezzed solo players, it would play out as intended.

be a [class X]

It is contrary to the design intent of the game to have to be a certain class to achieve a certain goal. Collecting pets is a goal many players have, and having to be a certain class to solo obsolete content for pets is stupid. Blizzard knows this and that is why we can now solo old raid encounters that we previously could not.

04/20/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Chorn
Just take a friend.

Sure I can bring a friend, which is in fact what I will have to do. But that isn't the point. The point is the content is obsolete, other obsolete content has been made soloable by any class for the express purpose of pet collecting, and this encounter was overlooked.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The point is the content is obsolete, other obsolete content has been made soloable by any class for the express purpose of pet collecting, and this encounter was overlooked.

All of the raids that were made soloable specifically for pet collecting were vanilla and BC, i.e. a full three+ expansions back (feel free to correct me if Naxx was included in the "now we're soloable" nerfs; I simply didn't recall them making a specific change to that particular raid like they did the other ones).

There is a difference between a reasonable expectation to be able to solo content that you outlevel by 20-30, and content which you outlevel by a mere five.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I would prefer he was soloable for mount runs more than this. Getting one person for a one time thing is no biggie. Everyday if you want to farm the mount is a lot less fun.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/21/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Cancionanxo
The point is the content is obsolete, other obsolete content has been made soloable by any class for the express purpose of pet collecting, and this encounter was overlooked.

I guess we should make everything that's "obsolete" just have 1 hp and no abilities so we don't have to put forth any effort.

Seriously though, he only needs to be killed once to do the quest to get the raptor. Probably could have gotten a friend and done it in less time than you've spent posting/replying in this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
If I wanted to play a game where I had to have help with every little thing, I'd still be playing EQ.

And you don't need help with everything. Just this thing. Stop being melodramatic because you have to bring a friend for a single boss fight.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Didn't ask for that. On the contrary, if the encounter rezzed solo players, it would play out as intended.

It is playing out as intended, encounters end when all players are dead. Since there is one player, and that player is dead...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Probably could have gotten a friend and done it in less time than you've spent posting/replying in this thread.

Yes I could have. And this would never be fixed.

It's not like I'm waiting for them to fix it before I go do it because I'm somehow inept. It's something that should be fixed.

There is a difference between a reasonable expectation to be able to solo content that you outlevel by 20-30, and content which you outlevel by a mere five.

Raids >>> dungeons.

It is playing out as intended, encounters end when all players are dead. Since there is one player, and that player is dead...

Edited by Hudax on 4/22/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's not like I'm waiting for them to fix it before I go do it because I'm somehow inept. It's something that should be fixed.

Why fix something that isn't broken?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Looks like OP is getting his wish:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_April_29-4_29_2013
Bloodlord Mandokir will no longer use Decapitate against his current target.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Looks like OP is getting his wish:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_April_29-4_29_2013
Bloodlord Mandokir will no longer use Decapitate against his current target.

I think its a fine change... but still. Instead of going to the forums and complaining, I would have got a friend, done it, and then politely made the suggestion that the fight get looked at for soloability.

Not casting Decapitate is much better than rez'ing solo players too; probably doesn't mess with the combat mechanics as much. Though to be honest I'd imagine that the change was much more aimed at mount collectors wanting to farm him, than once and done people getting the pet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think its a fine change... but still. Instead of going to the forums and complaining, I would have got a friend, done it, and then politely made the suggestion that the fight get looked at for soloability.

That's exactly what I did.

There was zero complaining in my suggestion. If I complained at all, it was entirely directed at the profuse negative backlash over my suggestion.

If I haven't gotten around to getting this pet, what is that to you? Do I somehow not have the "cred" to dare come here and make suggestions for obvious game improvement because I don't measure up to some standard you imagined? Too bad for you that you spend so much time thinking about what I ought to be doing.

Thankfully for my sanity I make suggestions for Blizzard to consider, not to gain validation from the masses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]