Thunder, Reborn. Really?

90 Human Paladin
So who's bright idea was it to break core class mechanics of weapon types "just for fun."

I was looking forward to remaking my old BS mace and come to find out it was butchered into a weapon that can only be used properly by tank and melee dps druids, and enh shammies. And Enh has always been better with dual wield, so it's just a novelty to them.

Same thing goes for the str polearm. A weapon wasted on str dps simply for novelty. I'd rather have a mace or sword so I can benefit from my racial.

Iit's just an asinine decision in the first place to make a weapon that only 2 specs in the entire game would want to use.

Isn't this a step backwards? Like back in the day when we had polearms like this that had the wrong kinds of stats for polearm classes? I thought the point of re-doing all those old weapons ages ago to have good stats for the classes that use them was to stop this sort of thing. Now we're bringing it back just for kicks?

But I guess it's okay because transmogging fixes everything, right? I'll remake my good old mace that was changed to work for a different melee type just so I can use the skin on an actually good weapon.

Way to try to bring back old things to make people want to get them again, then just screw them up for fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The old BS weapons are made explicitly for transmog. You want to use Thunder for aesthetic reasons, and are upset about it existing for aesthetic reasons. That's some cognitive dissonance.

Iit's just an asinine decision in the first place to make a weapon that only 2 specs in the entire game would want to use.

The strength polearm? Arms, Ret, Frost, Unholy, Blood =/= 2 specs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

[quote]

also Survival, Marks, and Beast Mastery. Hunter weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

[quote]

Hunter's don't use melee weapons anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

WOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

WOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thunder,Deep Thunder, Stormherald. They all have Agility on them and always have. They weren't 'changed to work for a different melee class' at all.

The only reason any Primary Stat: Strength meleer acquired Stormherald in BC was for the broken PVP stun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Stunherald was not a cheap build back then either. It took so much more grinding to acquire. Now, I just get to hop on my miner/alch once a day and after a week I get to make the thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Agi used to be a great stat for Warriors, that's why Stunherald had it.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Warrior
The old BS weapons are made explicitly for transmog.

If that were true they wouldn't have bothered itemizing them.

Personally I don't have an issue with varying the stats like they did. They are BoE, people WILL buy these off the AH. Even if they weren't BoE so many blasksmiths aren't Plate/Str classes and it would have been silly to implement 6 str weapons. I fully plan on having Stormherald ready for my druid when he hits 90. A 502 weapon on a fresh 90 will be quite nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

HUNTER WEAPON I SAY!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah, having more gear variety in this game is definitely a bad thing.

What planet are you from?
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
The Blacksmith weapons serve two purposes:

1) People wanted raid-level epic weapons without the raiding requirement.
2) Transmog.

If you're looking for number 1, Lionheart is what you're looking for. If you want the look then make Stormherald and go raid, OR make Lionheart and go purchase a Stormherald(They're BoE), OR Make a Lionheart and then make a Stormherald.

The only viable weapon on the list for Druids is the Mace. You have Lionheart. Quit whining.
Edited by Celli on 4/3/2013 6:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I was referring to the agi mace, thunder reborn.

Only feral tanks or dps want it.

Thunder,Deep Thunder, Stormherald. They all have Agility on them and always have. They weren't 'changed to work for a different melee class' at all.

The only reason any Primary Stat: Strength meleer acquired Stormherald in BC was for the broken PVP stun.

It was designed to be used by str dps and feral. Now it's just designed for feral, which is awful design. So yes, changed.

Also, I got it in BC because I liked it more than Lionheart, and because maces are the iconic paladin weapon. I hardly ever pvp'd back then.

Yeah, having more gear variety in this game is definitely a bad thing.

What planet are you from?

The planet where core mechanics are more important than aesthetics. Also, more variety? I fail to understand how a weapon that only 2 specs in the entire game want is MORE variety.

The only viable weapon on the list for Druids is the Mace. You have Lionheart. Quit whining.

Then why didn't they just add a new polearm? Why did they have to change the mace to agi only?
Edited by Asphaar on 4/3/2013 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

I'm....I'm not seeing the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The problem is, a long time ago they redid weapons and itemization to make it so that more classes/specs shared similar gear to lower the chances of wasted loot.

This mace goes against that. Every other weapon type is functionally usable for something like 4 or more specs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

The problem is, a long time ago they redid weapons and itemization to make it so that more classes/specs shared similar gear to lower the chances of wasted loot.

This mace goes against that. Every other weapon type is functionally usable for something like 4 or more specs.

Easy solution, make a Thunder, transmog it onto another weapon. You can easily get away with using it anyhow until you get an LFR weapon drop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
[Hunter's don't use melee weapons anymore.]

thanks god hunters don't use melee weapons anymore .. was tired of my guildie hunter stealing all my daggers/axes cause it had little more agility then his previous weap ><
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They also introduced a spellpower 2H this tier. God forbid they make weapons that only a few classes can use. Who cares?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The planet where core mechanics are more important than aesthetics. Also, more variety? I fail to understand how a weapon that only 2 specs in the entire game want is MORE variety.

It's a mace with stats that they want instead of a polearm. Maces are different from polearms. For example, maces don't look like polearms. Now you might see a feral druid with something other than the agi polearm of the tier.

That is variety.

Also, you'd be a bad game designer if you so easily brush off aesthetics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]