Thunder, Reborn. Really?

90 Tauren Paladin

Then why didn't they just add a new polearm? Why did they have to change the mace to agi only?

You would rather they create any entirely new weapon in a Blacksmith patch devoted to bringing back old weapons just so you can use a Mace when you already have a Sword option.

I listed 3 ways you could use that Mace even with its current stats. Again stop whining.
Edited by Jove on 4/4/2013 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

I'm....I'm not seeing the problem.

The problem is, a long time ago they redid weapons and itemization to make it so that more classes/specs shared similar gear to lower the chances of wasted loot.

This mace goes against that. Every other weapon type is functionally usable for something like 4 or more specs.

The blacksmithing weapons aren't boss drops though. There is no notion of wasted loot with crafted gear. So long as there is something for everyone, it doesn't matter if an individual weapon has narrow applicability. Its like how brewmaster/guardian tier gear sometimes has dodge rating on it. Dodge rating on leather would be annoying as a boss drop because it'd have narrow applicability, but its fine on tier gear because the actual boss drop has wide applicability.

And they don't even universally avoid items with narrow applicability from actual boss drops if its a big raid tier. This tier, as people have mentioned, have some off the wall weapons, which is fine because there are still plenty of "normal" weapons too.
Edited by Asthas on 4/4/2013 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I'm....I'm not seeing the problem.

The problem is, a long time ago they redid weapons and itemization to make it so that more classes/specs shared similar gear to lower the chances of wasted loot.

This mace goes against that. Every other weapon type is functionally usable for something like 4 or more specs.

It's like they are easily obtainable BS patterns that are not on raid drop loot or something like that, as well as there originally being three different melee two handers only intended for the crafter.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Same thing goes for the str polearm. A weapon wasted on str dps simply for novelty. I'd rather have a mace or sword so I can benefit from my racial.

There are already two swords that drop in Trollduar. What's a waste is itemizing everything around two (dwarves don't count apparently) races' bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thunder,Deep Thunder, Stormherald. They all have Agility on them and always have. They weren't 'changed to work for a different melee class' at all.

The only reason any Primary Stat: Strength meleer acquired Stormherald in BC was for the broken PVP stun.

You're completely ignoring the fact that until wrath, agi WAS desirable by "str" classes. In fact, again, until wrath, at several points in wow's history, a warrior's BiS for various slots wasn't str based at all.

Also, you're wrong about stunhearld. While the primary reason was the over the top stun, the weapon itself was, at least, reasonable until you were able to get into BT and/or hyjal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
A weapon wasted on str dps simply for novelty. I'd rather have a mace or sword so I can benefit from my racial.

So get a Mace or Sword, and xmog the novelty.

I swear people don't think.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
04/05/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Snozberries
Same thing goes for the str polearm. A weapon wasted on str dps simply for novelty. I'd rather have a mace or sword so I can benefit from my racial.

Would you cry about an axe as well?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]