Need help figuring out FPS issue

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok.. I have WoW set up on 3 different computers. One is a cheapy i3 laptop that plays wow perfectly fine.

Set Up 1, Pentium 4 2gb ram 512mb video card. This was a HP pc setup, only things upgraded were Ram and a video card added. this system plays wow perfectly at low settings. This is the system i've let my son use.

When bored last week, i decided to reassemble some old parts into a better system for him to use. It has a Pentium D, 2gb video card and 6gb of ram.

Both have WoW set to lowest settings... however.. the first setup easily hits 30fps.. second setup only hits 10-15fps.

How is the worst hardware setup able to play WoW with better frame rates?
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
Well here is my $0.02 here. A 512MB Video card could be an 8800/9800 GDDR3 which are VERY strong video cards. But the 2GB Video card could be an HD 5450 which is barely better than HD 2500 graphics.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Warrior
Well here is my $0.02 here. A 512MB Video card could be an 8800/9800 GDDR3 which are VERY strong video cards. But the 2GB Video card could be an HD 5450 which is barely better than HD 2500 graphics.

Yeah, that is true. We'd need to know what kind of graphics card you have, not just the VRAM.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok... the Pentium 4 (single core 2.4 Ghz) setup with 512 MB vid card is a nvidia 8400 GS.
2gb ram.

the Pentium D (dual core 3.2 Ghz) setup with 2 GB vid card is evga 640 GT.
6gb ram
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]