MPPM: Son of Animus

(Locked)

Community Manager
Now that the next wing of LFR Throne of Thunder is open and players have the chance to down Dark Animus, we thought featuring the Son of Animus pet this week would be fun. Tell us if you've received one, and how well the little guy does in your Pet Battles!
He has a pet? oO
90 Undead Rogue
had no idea he could drop a pet
90 Night Elf Hunter
I won't be getting this out of LFR seeing as how my DK's group last night couldn't get through Durumu even with 10 stacks of Determination.

Only way I'll be getting one would be to trade a sandling or ji-kun hatchling for it. So. Woo?
90 Dwarf Hunter
I don't own one, much less even seen one.
90 Tauren Monk
Now that the next wing of LFR Throne of Thunder is open and players have the chance to down Dark Animus, we thought featuring the Son of Animus pet this week would be fun. Tell us if you've received one, and how well the little guy does in your Pet Battles!

Is this implying that it drops in LFR?
90 Tauren Shaman
Paid 25k for mine. Named him Coagulater.

Already levelled it to 25, and the combo of Touch of Anima, and Batter make for good damage and health. Unsure whether I prefer the extra plating or the jolt. But definitely seems like a good mechanical pet.
Edited by Hamnurabi on 4/5/2013 3:40 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Hunter
I got mine in LFR this week. He's already level 25.

A really cool looking pet! One of my favorites.
90 Human Rogue
I hope blizzard increase the drop rate of this pet for this featured challenge. Ironicly i got the sunfur panda on 1st day i did the beast of fable. So i will prey that its the same for this
90 Blood Elf Priest
He was the only boss in the LFR I got into. After 4~5 wipes, no pet but he gave me a cloak and got the quest that was stuck in my log done, so Dark Animus is okidoki.

Next time, I want the pet. I think it may take as long as the phoenix pet from MrT back in the day...took 7 months.
90 Goblin Death Knight
Batter is a really weird choice for a pet that's a Power Breed, seeing as the chances of him being faster than a level 25 are fairly slim, however there might be chances where he might be so, woohoo? His secondary abilities are deadly, Touch of the Animus or Siphon Anima is just insane with it being a mechanical damage version of the Undead Equivalents(Consume, and Plagued Blood), coupling it with Sunlight or Moonlight. His Armor Plating is extremely useful as well.

All in all I'd put him as one of the top mechanicals atm, up there with Rocket Chicken, Grunty(not mechanical but his abilities make him an extremely useful Beast Killer and so I count him as mechanical), and Warbot. He's no pre-nerf Feline, but he's still a robobeast.
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Shouldn't the title be "MPPM: Son of the Animus" =0?
90 Human Rogue
I just want the pet i because if a harder pet battle challenge comes next week that just puts more and more weight every week i don't get pet to drop.
90 Orc Warrior

/throw a big bone at Crithto

Yay!
Edited by Ghaghzull on 4/5/2013 4:09 PM PDT
90 Troll Mage
This thread gave me pet envy. I'm holding you personally responsible for making me shell out 50k for this adorable thing, Crithto. :(
90 Goblin Death Knight
I'm just disappointed that such a cool looking and unique pet is exclusive to raid RNG. I'm assuming that they'll make them guaranteed drops next expansion, but that will still be pretty painful seeing as how it will still require a full raid to do ToT in a reasonable amount of time. Pet drops from old raids? Good idea. Pet drops from current content? Bad idea. Especially at these drop rates.
90 Troll Shaman
i got it on my first LFR kill.havent tried any pet battles yet tho
90 Undead Warlock
Would be better if his attack 'Batter' had an extra attack when attacking 2nd rather than when attacking first.

at 260 speed, it is unlikely he will go first the vast majority of the time.

Would also create a good synergy with 'Touch of the Animus'
90 Draenei Paladin
I've been jonesing for one since I first heard about it before 5.2 finally dropped.

(Still haven't had any luck getting to trade for one. Hopefully when I finally get geared enough for LFR on my own characters, I'll have a better chance of obtaining one. It looks really slick, and it's perfect for one of my characters.)

Judging on the other posts here with those that have already used it in pet battles, I'm also eager to try it out for that.
90 Tauren Druid
Just wondering....with the pets that drop in ToT. Do they only drop like normal boss loot drops? (i.e. once per week & when using an extra roll) Or have the potential to drop everytime you down the boss (as many times a week as you kill them)?

Would love to know if they're "farmable" or not
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]