New Anime Season Starts in Japan

Anyone catching up on the new stuff?
So far there are some very interesting ones yet nothing has really rocked my world, but of course these are just the first episodes.

Some of the new ones that premiered:
Red Data Girl
Dansai Bunri Crime Edge
Karneval
Hataraku Maou-sama
Aku no hana
Devil Survivor 2
Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride
Magestic Prince
Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%
Date A Live

And some others on the way..
I'm looking forward to the new stuff though I'm terribly upset about the sudden end of Fairy Tail and the end of Magi. At least Magi comes back in the fall, but Fairy Tail is technically on indefinite hiatus.

There's still Hunter X Hunter to look forward to though =D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Really exited for this season, quite a few shows that I've been looking forward to. Especially Railgun S, OreImo 2, Yuyushiki, and Miyakawe-ke no Kuufuku. Apart from those I'll probably pick up Hataraku Maou-sama, Aiura, Hentaí Oujo to warawanai Nedo, Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, and whatever else looks interesting.

Not quite sure what to think of Aku no Hana, the show is unique but that ED nearly made me fudge my pants. Shudder.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
so far I've only checked out Muromi-san and Zettai Boei Leviatan

Muromi-san is silly, not sure if it's going to have a point, but the first episode was good for a few chuckles if nothing else. OP has a lot of epicness going on in it not sure if it's a troll or hint of things to come. Has a bad !@# looking Kappa in though so I'm sticking around long enough to see that character

Zettai Boei Leviatan wasn't quite what I was expecting. Originally figured Magical Girls series but it's more RPG adventuring series. Fairy assembles heroes to fight against impending danger that fell from the sky sort of deal. While the main characters are Moe-girl type characters (<rant>.....ಠ_ಠ, I know it's a popular style these days but it's getting over done</rant>) they are basically the Sea Serpent, the Dragon and the Giant (ok World Serpent).

So three heroes (each named after the most powerful dragon kings) set out guided by a fairy to fight evil and save the world.
Edited by Drakmor on 4/6/2013 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The ones I am looking forward to most though

Railgun S
Nyarko-san W (yes it's a harem but it's a harem built on a foundation of madness and evil and raw brilliant comedy)
and Attack on Titan
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Hataraku Mao-sama is surprisingly amusing thusfar.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Still no Hyperdimension Neptunia, but at least that one got a trailer. It's coming..
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
well that's disappointing

Just found out that the company behind Attack on Titan have refused to allow anyone outside Japan to stream it.

Kind of a surprise, I've gotten used to watching everything I'm interested in from one legal streaming site or another, haven't really had to hit the torrents much.

Oh well, their stupid business decisions aren't my problem and won't get in my way

took me all of 10 seconds to find a copy of the first episode. Going to start watching in 1 minute 39 seconds.

EDIT:

Wow

If you have not watched this series yet, go hunt it down. First episode was fantastic, this looks like it's going to be an amazing series.
Edited by Drakmor on 4/7/2013 12:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Still no Hyperdimension Neptunia, but at least that one got a trailer. It's coming..

Still waiting on a Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui trailer.
Soon...soon.

Just found out that the company behind Attack on Titan have refused to allow anyone outside Japan to stream it.

Solution: don't stream.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
04/07/2013 07:13 AMPosted by Scurge

Still waiting on a Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui trailer.
Soon...soon.

Solution: don't stream.

Most streams these days are pretty good. Crunchyroll even has 1080.

Given the choice between a legal stream and an illegal torrent I'll go with legal.

but when you don't give a legal way of watching a Show, that isn't going to stop me or anyone else.

People are going to watch the show regardless, the company should make some extra cash by licensing the streaming rights.

Just finished watching Nyarko-san. That show is as fun and insane as ever, lost count of the number of shows they referenced in the first episode. Everything from Bewitched to Nadia to Kamen Rider Wizard.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
And Crunchyroll pulls out the win and lands Attack on Titan, starting on April 14th for members and 21st for non-members

just for the heck of it though, here is a crunchyroll guest pass P4H3VJ4AMHF
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Ugh. So much moe this season.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Flowers of Evil is interesting. I think they are rotoscoping it which is a bit of a surprise definitely gives it a very different look from everything else on this season.

I am getting a good feeling about Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I am getting a good feeling about Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

The bullet hell intro was interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Attack on Titan seems to carry a very similar tone to Claymore. Assuming it stays true to the manga.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Attack on Titan seems to carry a very similar tone to Claymore. Assuming it stays true to the manga.

oddly my initial impression compared it to Zombie Movies. The Zombies just turned out to be 20 feet tall is the main difference.

I do love the designs for the giants though. Like they were created by someone who only has a vague idea of what humans look like and just couldn't get it quite right.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Ugh. So much moe this season.

Moe isn't an artstyle or genre, it's a feeling of endearment and/or passion for a character and that character's aspects. I wish people would understand this.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Moe isn't an artstyle or genre, it's a feeling of endearment and/or passion for a character and that character's aspects. I wish people would understand this.

Do I really have to go out of my way to specify that there are so many shows specifically targeting shows to elicit that emotion, to the detriment of any other possible character or story development?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Seen two episodes of "The Devil is a Part Timer" now and I have to say it's a brilliant concept.

Facing certain defeat against the armies of light the Demon Lord flees through a magic portal vowing to return one day.

On the other side of the portal turns out to be modern day Tokyo... and a world with No Magic. The Demon Lord finds himself without his great powers and is forced to take a job at McDonalds to get by

Freaking Brilliant
Reply Quote
I really like Hataraku Maou-sama also, but Im a bit wary about where its going.
Maou/Yuusha stories are a dime a dozen, and Ive been disappointed before! =(
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I really like Hataraku Maou-sama also, but Im a bit wary about where its going.
Maou/Yuusha stories are a dime a dozen, and Ive been disappointed before! =(

I think someone is trying to kill them both.

at a guess there are probably a few people in the "Army of Light" that aren't exactly the Lawful Good types.

Dead Demon King and Dead Hero means no one in the way of a follow up from the human side of things, justifying enslaving all the demons "for the greater good" and ruling the world while being evil fat SoBs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]