Is Sim City worth the buy?

90 Undead Mage
Positron

But Y u mad
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Been to the Sim City forums. Their forums are more negative than mine. They complain about all the problems. I came here for another perspective. Hence the title. Or did you not read that. It's that simple. Is it worth buying? I am stating BASIC problems wrong with the game and asking people if it was worth their $60. How can you possibly not see a point in that? It seems that you are defending the game to the max. An idiot could see that. You like the game. You think it's worth it. I hear you loud and clear. However. Many don't share that same sentiment. I am still skeptical about it. I actually like Sim City. Just sad to see it not doing well. Thus, making a post, stating the negative aspects of the game, and asking for people's opinion is a logical, reasonable thread. Stating your opinion and defending the game is one thing. It just seems like your mad that someone is bashing a game you like. Any thing else? Or are you still mad?

I'm not mad. I don't know why you get this impression. If anything you sound mad just like every other whiner at simcity forums except you haven't even played the game. What I do find annoying is that a lot of this is hype because the game is playable and enjoyable.

Here you try to make yourself sound objective, but you haven't been. You just keep on going with the issues which makes me believe you aren't interested anyways so why waste time.

Features are coming back. Notably cheetah is currently on the test server. I doubt you really care that much about leaderboards and achievements though. I haven't personally experienced any server crash. I don't think there has been a server crash though, but I do hear about rollbacks which they have acknowledged.

I'm not defending to the "max". There are issues and bugs, but they can be fixed which is why I don't mind, but the game is playable.

Did you buy skyrim? I hear that literally had a game-breaking bug that was fixed by players.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
Sigh....The fact that you call my concerns "whining" is laughable. I haven't bought the game. There is nothing to whine about. I have my $60. I am happy. What you just can't understand is that I am asking people their opinion on NEGATIVE aspects of the game. My FIRST post listed basic negative aspects of the game and asked people if it was worth it. And guess what, no one had a problem with answering and sharing their perspective. Well, except you. You seem disgruntled that such a thread would exist. Yet, I digress. Thanks for your input. We all knew from your first post that you think the game is enjoyable and will be fixed. Thanks for your multiple posts that stated something that could be placed in two sentences or less. Oh, and yea. You do sound mad still. Seems like someone else who posted in this thread agrees ;)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I enjoy it and I think the money I spent on it was worth it. Had a bit of a choppy release but I expected it so I didn't let it colour my perceptions of the game. I feel always on is going to be the way of things and figure, since my internet is always on anyway I may as well get it.

Although I do sometimes wish the maps were bigger I find it more enjoyable to play than previous sim city games.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sigh....The fact that you call my concerns "whining" is laughable. I haven't bought the game. There is nothing to whine about. I have my $60. I am happy. What you just can't understand is that I am asking people their opinion on NEGATIVE aspects of the game. My FIRST post listed basic negative aspects of the game and asked people if it was worth it. And guess what, no one had a problem with answering and sharing their perspective. Well, except you. You seem disgruntled that such a thread would exist. Yet, I digress. Thanks for your input. We all knew from your first post that you think the game is enjoyable and will be fixed. Thanks for your multiple posts that stated something that could be placed in two sentences or less. Oh, and yea. You do sound mad still. Seems like someone else who posted in this thread agrees ;)

That's exactly my point. If all you are interested in is about negative aspects then what is the point of this thread? Why even pretend you might buy the game?

Yeah I don't get the point of the thread and you pretending to sound like you know the game when you don't.

Just curious, but would it make a difference to you if you waited another 6 months before you bought the game?
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
04/09/2013 01:48 AMPosted by Positron

That's exactly my point. If all you are interested in is about negative aspects then what is the point of this thread? Why even pretend you might buy the game?

Yeah I don't get the point of the thread and you pretending to sound like you know the game when you don't.

Just curious, but would it make a difference to you if you waited another 6 months before you bought the game?

You really, really aren't getting this. No matter how much I dumb this down for you. Let's try a different approach. Maybe you can stop being stubborn and blind to something so simple.

I like Pizza. It tastes great. However, not all pizza tastes the same. I go to Chicago. I hear that there is a pizza joint called Sim City 5. I heard their pizza sucks. Online reviews said it tastes bad. People say it's half-cooked. The sauce is not really good. My buddy from Chicago bought a pizza last week. He tried it. He said it's alright. I came over. I looked at the pizza. It didn't look appetizing. The only way for me to actually try a piece is to go there and pay $60 for the pizza. So, I ask others around the area who have eaten the pizza, was it worth their 60 bucks. Some say no. Some say not really. Some say it was good. There is even this one guy who got pissed off that I would complain about a pizza that I never tried and would even care about it. Little does he know that I enjoy pizza and he's just stuck on the fact that someone would look at all the negative aspects of the pizza rather than buying it and trying it.

How's that? You understand now? Did I paint a simple enough picture for you? What YOU fail to see is that I have liked Sim City, played the previous Sim City games and was excited to get it. However, when all the mess went down from the beginning, I was cautious. Bad reviews, customers complaining, the game wasn't even playable. It was on CNN news that it did so bad. The CEO stepped down. Must I continue for you to get it???

I KNOW the game because I have done my research. I have read forums. I have watched videos. I have looked at screenshots that people post on the matter. That's like you accusing someone who researched what type of computer to buy that they don't know what they are talking about unless they psychically use a computer. No, your wrong. You can know all about a computer before using it. You know its operating system, processor, memory, graphics card, etc. Some computers that are called "gaming" are hardly worth the money they advertise. I wouldn't spend 2k on a computer that at best is worth 500 dollars.

To answer the your question, if the game significantly dropped in price or there was a MAJOR overhaul in fixes, then yes I would buy it. Stop acting/being ignorant and stuck on such a small concept and see the bigger picture that everyone else in this thread sees. Maybe you enjoy being obstinate. If so, your doing an excellent job.
Edited by Pricecheckn on 4/9/2013 3:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
I enjoy it and I think the money I spent on it was worth it. Had a bit of a choppy release but I expected it so I didn't let it colour my perceptions of the game. I feel always on is going to be the way of things and figure, since my internet is always on anyway I may as well get it.

Although I do sometimes wish the maps were bigger I find it more enjoyable to play than previous sim city games.

Take this comment. In a very precise, non-abhorrent manner, this poster was able to express his approval and love for the game and stated their reasoning. Mentioned a few kinks, but overall, they are happy and satisfied. Boom! End of story. Such a wonderful and delightful post to read. Amidst all the "negativity", they understood the thread. Didn't get all bent out of shape because someone indicated negative views or was a negative thread. I give many Kudos to this poster for being able to share their positive opinion without being an imbecile about it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I personally didn't buy it because of all the bugs and crap that were there on release. A friend, however, streamed me his play of Simcity 5 and I wasn't impressed, moreso seeing bugs first hand. What was funny though was a van was parked in a side ally, blocking walking traffic. He also had more issues of backed up traffic cause there were parked cars in the middle of a busy street. Like, we're not talking about the side of the road like you commonly see in real life, we're talking RIGHT dead in the center of the street. Also, no cheeta mode would drive me insane after a while if I was playing.

He says he still likes it despite the bugs though. I don't think it's worth 60 bucks though, mostly because of how buggy it is. If I'm gonna shell out 60 bucks for a game, it better be near to fully functional and have little to no issues. I think if the price dropped down to 40, it'd be worth it, but currently, it's not worth it's high price tag.

Though, this is coming from a person who favors the Sims series more over Simcity series, so take what you will with it.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
You and I share the same sentiments.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I would like to buy that game, but I don't want to be server dependent. Personal opinion, I consider sim city a single player game, not a social type game like WoW. I want to be able to play offline.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
As I speak, I just watched my buddy get the error message and be forced to roll back his city:( Not cool. He lost roughly 90 minutes of progress. Not cool at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As I speak, I just watched my buddy get the error message and be forced to roll back his city:( Not cool. He lost roughly 90 minutes of progress. Not cool at all.

Well you made your point. You aren't buying. Thanks for your multiple posts that stated something that could be placed in two sentences or less.

It doesn't even seem liked you played simcity 4 when you could've gotten both for $60 had you bought simcity earlier. The free game offer is gone now.
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Rogue
Opinions from those who bought the game should be more important to those thinking about buying the game. I go to Amazon and check the reviews there. The overall user rating there is now 1.4 out of 5 stars.

Surprising that Simcity is still getting bad reviews from people who have purchased the game in the past week. On March 6, I'd have predicted that the problems at launch would have been resolved by now.

Hopefully under new leadership, whenever that takes place, EA will get better but it won't happen overnight.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
04/09/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Positron

Well you made your point. You aren't buying. Thanks for your multiple posts that stated something that could be placed in two sentences or less.

It doesn't even seem liked you played simcity 4 when you could've gotten both for $60 had you bought simcity earlier. The free game offer is gone now.

Hmmm, I think I hear an echo. If I recall, I told you the same thing. My initial posts were very poignant and succinct. The rest of the posts were responding to others. There would be no reason to repeat myself had a certain someone require the concept of this thread to be spoon-fed to them. But hey, thanks for posting!

Edit: This is just for you, Positron. Maybe they could benefit from your misguided fury :D Enjoy.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9431069.page
Edited by Pricecheckn on 4/9/2013 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Hmmm, I think I hear an echo. If I recall, I told you the same thing. My initial posts were very poignant and succinct. The rest of the posts were responding to others. There would be no reason to repeat myself had a certain someone require the concept of this thread to be spoon-fed to them. But hey, thanks for posting!

Edit: This is just for you, Positron. Maybe they could benefit from your misguided fury :D Enjoy.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9431069.page

It's on purpose to use it against you. I'm sorry you are too dumb to understand these things.

Again why do you still post since you aren't buying it anyways?

I'm well aware of what people say on the forums and a lot of it would stop dead in it's track if it does get fixed then all that energy spent complaining seems wasted.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
It's on purpose to use it against you. I'm sorry you are too dumb to understand these things.

Again why do you still post since you aren't buying it anyways?

I'm well aware of what people say on the forums and a lot of it would stop dead in it's track if it does get fixed then all that energy spent complaining seems wasted.

So you are doing it on purpose. And here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were just not that bright. Well, now you have made yourself look even more like an idiot. Stop trying to sound intelligent when your responses exemplify someone with the IQ of a brick wall. You just keep babbling and saying the same nonsense. Whether I buy the game or not is none of your concern. This thread was created and was always about people's opinion in buying the game. You said yours very really on. Remember? Probably not. Here, let me help you since you obviously need it.

I guess in some ways you can say that, but there are new features in it too. The graphics doesn't even compare though. You do need a decent card if you want to run it on ultra.

A lot of the issues listed here are fixable so once it is what else is there to say? I haven't personally had any server issues and there is still fun to be had.

It's definitely different and I can enjoy both, but it would be frustrating for me to go back and not having the road layout control that you have in 5.

There you go. You basically said that it is still fun and worth your money. Well said! You would have maintained your integrity for being intelligent had you stopped there. Unfortunately for you, you didn't. You continued to make posts showing your dissatisfaction for someone listing negative aspects of a game that you enjoy and STILL can't understand the creation of this thread. Mind you, you are the only person in here who doesn't get it. I even was generous enough to explain it, dumb it down enough so that even a simpleton could get it. Sigh. Guess that wasn't enough.

I could so see you going to a Star Wars convention and complaining that all people do is talk about Star Wars. If you don't like Star Wars, then don't go. All you have done since you got here (Except your first post) is complain about the validity of my post. No one is forcing you to stay in here. But, here you are. Spewing your disgruntled nonsense. Maybe you thought you could add some positivity to the thread. Well, you failed at that one. Or maybe you just wanted to be noticed. Clearly it is not that you don't understand because it has been explained numerous of times. But maybe I am giving you too much credit for being intelligent. My bad.

It will be ok, Positron. This too will past. Your anger will subside and your intelligence may return when it does. Well, we hope at least. Judging by how your posts have continued to get boorish and dull, I seriously doubt it. Looking forward to reading your next tasteless post. Well, not really. I am actually being facetious but you probably won't comprehend that. So, /cheers to not being disappointed by your next deplorable post!
Edited by Pricecheckn on 4/10/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You still posting? lol.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
You still posting? lol.

Just as expected. Another senseless post. You don't disappoint! Good times. I am growing rather fond of your cretinous replies. We should be friends :D Or maybe I will play along with your game of "Last Word".
Reply Quote
3 Draenei Paladin
I refused to buy it because it requires you to be connected to the internet all the time - I'm not going to spend $60 on a game like that unless it's an MMO or something like that.

That said, I had other issues with it as well. For one thing, the map sizes were just too small. Over and over I've heard that just as your city really begins to get fun and interesting, you run out of map space. You also have to save your city to "the cloud" (aka EA's servers) so you can't build up a nice city and then destroy it with tornados and fires and earthquakes and smashing the nuclear power plants only to reload without saving.

So all things considered I might possibly buy it someday if I can get it for less than $20, but to me it just isn't a $60 game in any way. It made me sad not to buy it because I've been playing Maxis simulation games for as long as I can remember (one of the first non little kid games I ever played was Sim Life) and this one probably would've been fun, but I refuse to support that sort of DRM especially for ridiculous prices.

Edit: Oh, I hadn't read the thread. Well, if someone thinks I'm being "too negative"... That's your problem, not mine :) I won't apologize for my opinions.
Edited by Kaddish on 4/10/2013 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
Edit: Oh, I hadn't read the thread. Well, if someone thinks I'm being "too negative"... That's your problem, not mine :) I won't apologize for my opinions

I love you! <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]