Is Sim City worth the buy?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/10/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Pricecheckn
You still posting? lol.

Just as expected. Another senseless post. You don't disappoint! Good times. I am growing rather fond of your cretinous replies. We should be friends :D Or maybe I will play along with your game of "Last Word".

At least I did it in one sentence instead of multiple paragraphs like your last post.

It's not being too negative. You don't want to buy it I could care less. At this point since it's obvious the op isn't interested I don't understand why he keeps posting.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
04/10/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Positron

Just as expected. Another senseless post. You don't disappoint! Good times. I am growing rather fond of your cretinous replies. We should be friends :D Or maybe I will play along with your game of "Last Word".

At least I did it in one sentence instead of multiple paragraphs like your last post.

It's not being too negative. You don't want to buy it I could care less. At this point since it's obvious the op isn't interested I don't understand why he keeps posting.

Welcome back! You're still blighting and feckless as ever. Some things don't change. I'll indulge in some banter with you since responding to a simpleton is quite effortless. If you didn't care, you would stop posting. Your contribution to this thread is insignificant. I post still to respond to others and hear their opinions. You just vomit needless, repetitive garbage and arrange them in a sentence. Are you done yet?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Welcome back! You're still blighting and feckless as ever. Some things don't change. I'll indulge in some banter with you since responding to a simpleton is quite effortless. If you didn't care, you would stop posting. Your contribution to this thread is insignificant. I post still to respond to others and hear their opinions. You just vomit needless, repetitive garbage and arrange them in a sentence. Are you done yet?

Taking out the dictionary now? lol.

The last response wasn't much and unnecessary. The post before that wasn't a response to anyone. You mentioned seeing the processing error that is a known issue which was also mentioned earlier.

Is there an actual possibility you are buying it or no? That is the title of the thread after all right?
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
Sorry. I don't need a dictionary for words that are part of my vocabulary. But if you had to use a dictionary to read it, then that's excellent! You learned new words! :D You are misinformed about the title of the thread. "Is Sim City worth the buy?" No where does the title indicate a possibility of me buying the game. In the first post, I shared my thoughts of not thinking it was worth $60 and asked for thoughts on the matter of those that bought it. At any rate, it's no secret so if I would buy it or not so. Just for you, I will take it a step further.

Over the past two days, my friend has graciously allowed myself and another friend to play the game after he had read the comments and responses from the thread. So, I am reaping the benefits of playing while not having to purchase the game. After playing it for two days, we all had a part in creating 3 towns. Well, 4 if you include the town that we made purely for unleashing all the natural disasters on it. :D

I don't think the game is worth $60. I said that previously and stand by that. However, I my friends are trying to persuade me to purchase it since we could all play together. That may be something that I could support. It's kind of like WOW. I don't really play much, but I have a lot of friends that do and I gladly play $15 a month to play consistently or sporadically with them. Sim City was a solo-type game and still is to an extent; however, this multiplayer feature has added a totally different element that I hadn't experienced.

So if I based my decision on the sole functionality of the game, I probably wouldn't buy it now and wait until it was cheaper. I hate the limited space and the constrictions of plopping buildings/parks/roads. The bugs and rollbacks are there too. Had a couple of our cities rollback a few times and then servers being down for no reason. But, my friends think it would be fun if we all played together. So, my decision now isn't based off just bugs and playability but the potential social aspect of the game.

Hey, Positron. Why not make a city next to us?? Since you have voiced your enjoyment and satisfaction with the game, that shouldn't be a problem. We could get in Mumble, share screens on Skype, and talk about how we have 20,000 unfilled jobs in our cities of 100,000 but there is no more space to zone in residentials!! It would be GLORIOUS!!!! :D
Edited by Pricecheckn on 4/11/2013 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Only 100k and you ran out of space when I have seen people easily with over 400k? Sounds like a learn to play issue.

I'm also not the only person to say it's still enjoyable although I have never denied there are issues.

As for the server, it could be a specific server issue. They were trying to figure out the processing error and was trying to determine if it was specific or not. There are videos and twitch and mayor's help room that's worth looking at if you can't even make a functional 100k city which is not a problem everyone has.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
Only 100k and you ran out of space when I have seen people easily with over 400k? Sounds like a learn to play issue.

I'm also not the only person to say it's still enjoyable although I have never denied there are issues.

As for the server, it could be a specific server issue. They were trying to figure out the processing error and was trying to determine if it was specific or not. There are videos and twitch and mayor's help room that's worth looking at if you can't even make a functional 100k city which is not a problem everyone has.

I see you looked for something to be negative about. And here I thought you disliked being negative or called this a negative thread. The majority of your post focused on a mere comment at the end of my post that had to do with SPORADIC game play with knowledge of the functionality. I have answered your questions and revealed your unwavering volition to be annoying and despicable. Any further posts from you will nothing more than trying to get the last word of a conversation. You have nothing of value to add to this thread. But, knowing you, you will linger around, spewing out slop from your mind, and placing it in this thread. And from your track record, you won't fail to deliver.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I see you looked for something to be negative about. And here I thought you disliked being negative or called this a negative thread. The majority of your post focused on a mere comment at the end of my post that had to do with SPORADIC game play with knowledge of the functionality. I have answered your questions and revealed your unwavering volition to be annoying and despicable. Any further posts from you will nothing more than trying to get the last word of a conversation. You have nothing of value to add to this thread. But, knowing you, you will linger around, spewing out slop from your mind, and placing it in this thread. And from your track record, you won't fail to deliver.

No apparently you don't have any reading comprehension.

Well you decided to criticize the game when you don't know anything about it so why do you think that is fair? That's what has annoyed me because you keep talking as you do. Then I offered you advice which is a "positive" thing. There are some that have even made a million pop city.

What else do you have to add then? You've made it clear that you aren't buying the game now.
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
No apparently you don't have any reading comprehension.

Well you decided to criticize the game when you don't know anything about it so why do you think that is fair? That's what has annoyed me because you keep talking as you do. Then I offered you advice which is a "positive" thing. There are some that have even made a million pop city.

What else do you have to add then? You've made it clear that you aren't buying the game now.

Trying to insult my reading comprehension is laughable. There you go claiming I don't know anything about the game. You're wrong. If you need to know why, go back to the previous posts where I explain that. Your annoyance is clearly from someone defending a game that they like and can't stand someone "bad mouth" the game. I've read your other threads with you defending EA. It's fine. You're a fanboy.

You're offering advice is no more than me saying you should go to back to school because you have the IQ of a brick wall. Sure, I gave you advice. That's positive right? LOL. Stop purposefully being an idiot. I am sure you have more intelligence than you showcase. This thread has all been about people's opinion of if it was worth their $60. Stop trying to make it be something it isn't - All about Positron and how Positron is mad someone doesn't like the same things that Positron likes. Go make your own thread. That way, you can be repetitive with your posts and offer all the "advice" you want.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Trying to insult my reading comprehension is laughable. There you go claiming I don't know anything about the game. You're wrong. If you need to know why, go back to the previous posts where I explain that. Your annoyance is clearly from someone defending a game that they like and can't stand someone "bad mouth" the game. I've read your other threads with you defending EA. It's fine. You're a fanboy.

You're offering advice is no more than me saying you should go to back to school because you have the IQ of a brick wall. Sure, I gave you advice. That's positive right? LOL. Stop purposefully being an idiot. I am sure you have more intelligence than you showcase. This thread has all been about people's opinion of if it was worth their $60. Stop trying to make it be something it isn't - All about Positron and how Positron is mad someone doesn't like the same things that Positron likes. Go make your own thread. That way, you can be repetitive with your posts and offer all the "advice" you want.

Guy you were crying about a 100k city and when I called you out on it then you cried that you only played it sporadically. So yeah you don't know.

Again you aren't buying the game so there is nothing more to say right? Or you still want to keep complaining about the game for the sake of it?
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest

Guy you were crying about a 100k city and when I called you out on it then you cried that you only played it sporadically. So yeah you don't know.

Again you aren't buying the game so there is nothing more to say right? Or you still want to keep complaining about the game for the sake of it?

/yawn

Looks like you are the one that lacks reading comprehension skills. 3 people take turns playing the same city over 2 days. Sounds sporadically to me. But, you probably don't have an idea what that means. I forgot, you probably need a dictionary to comprehend my words. I guess they are too advanced for you. Looks like you could use some context clues lessons too. You aren't worth any more explanations or conversation. All you do is vomit whatever trash that is your mind and put it in written format, which is at best mediocre. Further responses from you will be treated with as much care as people do with soiled toilet paper.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I refuse to go online 24/7 for single play. D3 was an unmitigated disaster at launch, the game sucks big donkey balls, Sim City is another online 24/7 drm control freak festival, I refuse to play a game single player that has maint shutdowns, lag spokes, latency, rubberbanding, online drm, no saves, no mods.

They can bite me.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 4/11/2013 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

/yawn

Looks like you are the one that lacks reading comprehension skills. 3 people take turns playing the same city over 2 days. Sounds sporadically to me. But, you probably don't have an idea what that means. I forgot, you probably need a dictionary to comprehend my words. I guess they are too advanced for you. Looks like you could use some context clues lessons too. You aren't worth any more explanations or conversation. All you do is vomit whatever trash that is your mind and put it in written format, which is at best mediocre. Further responses from you will be treated with as much care as people do with soiled toilet paper.

What does it matter if it's sporadic? Not being able to make over a 100k pop is a player problem. Not the game.

Here's the upcoming patch notes:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9437292.page
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Simcity is good for at least 100 solid hours of fun. You can play by yourself or do region play. Region play with friends is pretty cool since you need to balance all the cities. I've played since launch and enjoy the game very much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]