Boomkins need Pestilence

Having to tab target moonfire/sunfire is an abysmal mechanic. I have nearly worn out my '2' and '3' key on my keyboard.

If instead we could cast it on one target, and then have exploding mushrooms, hurricane, or even a new spell like lunar strike or something spread the dots that'd be great, not unlike DK's pestilence.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
mine are 2 and 3 also! and i agree, a lot of other classes get convenience and GCD-saving abilities like what you described and I also feel like mushrooms are ridiculously underused. and yeah our aoe is a little sad right now. it's awkward: our starfall is nice aoe, but works on a lunar eclipse usually (assuming it's on cd), our mushrooms are pretty nice at aoe except for the 40 GCDs we spend beforehand placing them and they work with the solar eclipse. so our two aoe's (besides hurricane/astral storm) are on opposite eclipses which make it hard to figure out the best way to handle things.

there are a handful of things wrong with moonkin, im really hoping for a nice long list of changes sorta soon...
Reply Quote
Years of 5-3-tab have really done wonders for my sense of timing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/07/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Balancer
our mushrooms are pretty nice at aoe except for the 40 GCDs we spend beforehand placing them and they work with the solar eclipse.

thats some crazy latency.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
04/07/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Cyous
our mushrooms are pretty nice at aoe except for the 40 GCDs we spend beforehand placing them and they work with the solar eclipse.

lulz!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/08/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Rhiannora

Lol maybe I exaggerated a bit. It's just so awkward having to sit there for so long, and not even for a massive nuke at the end, it's just to compete with the rest of aoe dps.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
if this were to happen, the dots themsleves would need a dmg nerf and prolly not proc SS anymore to keep it from being the most op ability in the game
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
if this were to happen, the dots themsleves would need a dmg nerf and prolly not proc SS anymore to keep it from being the most op ability in the game
or have it work like combustion and only spread to like 3 targets at once you figure wild mushrooms have a 10 second cd in between each explosion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/08/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Balancer

Lol maybe I exaggerated a bit. It's just so awkward having to sit there for so long, and not even for a massive nuke at the end, it's just to compete with the rest of aoe dps.
are you using shrooms in PvE? Don't....
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue

Go watch method's world first 25 heroic lei shen kill see how their moonkin aoes then come back.

Maybe you can learn something for when you finally get to lfr lei shen scrub.
Edited by Durant on 4/9/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/09/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Durant

Go watch method's world first 25 heroic lei shen kill see how their moonkin aoes then come back.

Maybe you can learn something for when you finally get to lfr lei shen scrub.

Serious ButtHurt Alert! Method's Boomkin does it and so should you. LOL.

As a general rule mushrooms are worse than other AoE options but if they can be placed ahead of time (ex: Ball Lightning on Lei Shen) I suppose it can be better to use them.

P.S. Posting on a Level 5 character and calling somebody else a scrub is hilarious. I award you 500 Internet E-Thug points.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Lei Shen is a special case for several reasons. Ball lightning has super low health, you know when it will spawn, and having it slowed doesn't hurt. But 99% of the time you want to just use hurricane.

Edit:
P.S. Posting on a Level 5 character and calling somebody else a scrub is hilarious. I award you 500 Internet E-Thug points.
Well it isn't hard to find his main...http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Blackklisted/advanced
Edited by Tagartou on 4/9/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]