Wait you can get gear from lfr?

90 Undead Mage
Of course another troll post.

But it is pretty aggravating seeing people get two lfr trinkets a weapon and one or two tier pieces when I have gotten 600 gold from the bosses and bonus rolls. Even though people will say "oh but there will be bonus roll protection for bad luck".. Yeah there is, but that's next patch which is kinda far away plus that is only 3 bonus rolls while I am getting nothing for all the other bosses.

So if we can take anything away from this.....DS lfr was better
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yall bit the hand that fed you with Ds, and now we have this terrible lfr system, cant say i feel sorry for lfr runners tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
t the hand that fed you with Ds

err...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
But it is pretty aggravating seeing people get two lfr trinkets a weapon and one or two tier pieces when I have gotten 600 gold from the bosses and bonus rolls. Even though people will say "oh but there will be bonus roll protection for bad luck".. Yeah there is, but that's next patch which is kinda far away plus that is only 3 bonus rolls while I am getting nothing for all the other bosses.

No, just you
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I agree that the DS loot system was better. Yes you would ocasionally have some people rolling need on your stuff that shouldnt, but I found it far less of a problem than people here often reported. I was easily able to gear like five toons in DS LFR, because something did always drop on every boss. It just felt better overall.

Thankfully they are adding a "bad luck buff" in 5.3 so shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
the old system was better imo, but people could abuse it. thats why it changed to individual loot. if it was like before, I wouldnt be rolling on a piece of gear that wasnt an upgrade for me, so that immediately makes someone elses odds better. but people rolled for it anyway, or for a friend, or even to vendor. so thats why they changed it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
No, just you

Should of said that and it would of been funnier, but +1 to you

But they should of just adjusted the DS system instead of this
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Good call changing your gear to PVP on armory so we can't call you out.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
DS lfr was better, I'd take like 8 friends on my token and walk out in 4 piece.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
Ds was better but people complained, over and over, so we got a new system.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I liked DS LFR a lot better. If someone had a piece they would either pass, or if they won it, use it as a trading chip for something else. If that something else didn't drop, most people just made whoever wanted it do a /roll or something. Sure, some people would need and win gear just because they could, but the amount of times I saw that was low compared to the former situation I brought up. DS LFR was nice because I could win a piece and do the whole trade thing. If what I wanted didn't drop, I'd just give it to someone who asked nicely or whoever won the roll. The only time I ever wanted to be a *%%@**!@ was the second last week of Cata when an entire group was being quite "difficult" (mostly a guild run). I won a ring and boots on Ultraxion and DE'd them right there because there was no way in hell I was going to be nice to such rude people.
Edited by Frostbiteme on 4/9/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
DS LFR didn't work for loot because for each item, you'd have multiple people wanting it -- or just rolling because, hey, everyone needs gold, right? You can't take a loot system that works for 5-mans and put it in for 25 people. In a 5m group, it's sensible, because it's pretty likely that for any given drop, one person will need it for the spec their in, one person will need it for their other spec -- not likely that two or more people will want it for the spec they play the most.

I'm not friends with anyone in any LFR group.
I don't know them.
I don't care if they get loot.
I don't care if they're able to progress in this game.
My success does not depend on their success.

With that in mind, individual loot is perfect. Yes, you'll have dry spells, but that's always been the case.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
DS lfr was better

For stealing gear for your guild mates, yes it was better. The idea that everyone gets geared up so loot defaults to you isn't true. I went the entire DS LFR never getting Warmaster's shield for my holy set. There was always someone there to win it over me to use or vendor.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

The DS lfr loot system was a joke as the gear rarely went to those who legitimately needed it. It allowed people to hold gear hostage from people who could legitimately need it. This new system is alot more fair as it takes the player out of the equation completely. Under the new system there is also the possibility that 50 pieces of gear can drop off of one boss which is far superior to the old system. Given that may not happen but the possibility is there. Each person gets a bag with the possibility to get gear from it. Of those bags it's possible that 25 pieces of gear can drop out of just those bags and if they use their bonus roll that's 2 pieces of gear per person. Each and every fight there is the possibility that 50 pieces of gear can drop. I fail to see what made the old DS lfr system so much better than what we have now. Yeah the RNG blows but that's something that can simply be turned up.
Reply Quote
DS LFR loot summed up: "dice? rolling need."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]