Concerning 5.3

80 Draenei Shaman
04/16/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Rixita
On the other hand, the Horde get two scenarios that directly flesh out the story and add lore to the goblins, since they didn't get enough in Cataclysm.

Honestly.

What more lore could greedy little men need? I always saw goblin lore in Cata. They build all the Horde's military vehicles. All of them. They're literally involved with everything the Horde does.
Reply Quote
Working with the horde doesn't solve the fact that we're getting a short end of the stick on story.

Can we not have half the stick, or am I asking too much? We'll see how 5.4 turns out, and then I'll make my decision on whether blizzard deserves my $15
Reply Quote
Good point, Rixitas, especially on our one scenario. The Dwarven Council HAD the potential to be something interest, with political knifeplay and issues of trust and heritage sending ripples through the Dwarves.

Instead, it turns out Moira was just a good little girl all along and the Dark Irons were just misunderstood good guys oppressed by that evil Ragnaros, or something.

I mean. shame on those Wildhammers and Bronzebeards for thinking the women who came in and put the city under martial law, requiring the human king to come in and threaten her with death in order to break it, was liable to backstab them. How dare they think someone like that wasn't trustworthy?
Edited by Jaelara on 4/16/2013 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My advice is to quit playing until 5.4, or reroll Horde until then. Actions (and money) speak louder than words.

One of those choices is 100% impossible for me to do.

Rerolling Horde means Blizzard wins, as its one less person fighting for the underdog.

The other choice, quitting, is fast approaching. I only have 2 people that I actually care for in the game. Once they're gone, I can unsub easily. I'm only here for preservation's sake at this point.

Their is a lot of wrong in the game, but there is some good in it. Blizzard just needs to stop trying so hard to please one set of people every expac, and balance it.
Edited by Seebach on 4/16/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Funny thing is I'm enjoying my time on Alliance. Things are not doom and gloom as people make it out to be. If you want to quit fine go ahead and do it but don't keep saying you're going to quit repeatively. Seen that way too many times.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Horde players are being served 5 star quality restaurant meals.

Alliance (you) are being served fast food on par with McDonalds.

I found hair in my food!!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Here's an (awful? Bad? Makes some sense, hopefully?) analogy for you:

Somehow you're equating the 5 star meal on a regular basis being a good thing.

The only thing that makes a 5 star meal a 5 star meal is it's expensive as all heck, not that it's the most delicious food you'll ever eat.

In other words, I'm turning your analogy on its head and saying that you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Having to watch your faction leader do some monumentally boneheaded things is not worth what you think it is.
Edited by Seiryu on 4/17/2013 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
McDonald's has pretty good fries, at least.

I'm more of an In and Out Burger person though. Best fast food burger ever. One of the nicer things about living in California.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Argh Finally I can post again. I missed that entire alliance tear avalanche over Vol'jins smart alec remark.

Vol'jin, you make me proud mon great trollin.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Warrior
I, for one, am not saying that this minor patch is what I had in mind for the patch before the Siege, but oh well, it's what I'm getting.

Yeah, pretty much.

I'd say the best thing to do is just tough it out. It sucks and it's a boring patch for Alliance compared to the Horde, but think of it like getting a needle or a root canal.

Yeah it's unpleasant, but it'll be over before you know it.

EDIT: Just realized this has been slightly necro'd and I posted in here before.
Edited by Grimroar on 4/17/2013 2:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
If it is any consolation, I won't complain when we get recycled Alliance content in a patch whenever (or if ever) the story becomes Alliance-centric.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
What more lore could greedy little men need? I always saw goblin lore in Cata. They build all the Horde's military vehicles. All of them. They're literally involved with everything the Horde does.

WE DONT EVEN HAVE A FACTION LEADER AFTER THE STARTING ZONE!

As far as I'm concerned all this extra lore is their way of making up for the fact we STILL dont have a leader, a person to get behind, in game.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Warrior
WE DONT EVEN HAVE A FACTION LEADER AFTER THE STARTING ZONE!

Eh, call me crazy but I think that's what's good about them.

At least I think it's better than the opposite case, where races have all their identity tied to one faction leader. (Like Forsaken with Sylvanas, for one example.)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

Its amazing how people who dont play the horde feel they can accurately judge the state of the game and story from the horde side.

How about sticking to what the issues are with the Alliance and not bringing what the horde has into it since your poorly experienced to judge. The grass might be greener on the horde side but its not as perfect as it looks from a distance.
Reply Quote
Here's an (awful? Bad? Makes some sense, hopefully?) analogy for you:

Somehow you're equating the 5 star meal on a regular basis being a good thing.

The only thing that makes a 5 star meal a 5 star meal is it's expensive as all heck, not that it's the most delicious food you'll ever eat.

In other words, I'm turning your analogy on its head and saying that you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Having to watch your faction leader do some monumentally boneheaded things is not worth what you think it is.

Except I'm going to turn your analogy on its head just by saying we're paying $15 for our McDonald's and you're paying $15 for your Grade A Wagyu Beef.

Also, he's not your warchief. You say it like you ever liked Garrosh. Garrosh isn't your warchief anymore either as of 5.3, sad you don't get a choice in the matter.

However, I will say that constantly eating your 'more expensive' food as you put it, has made you extremely uncaring to the plight of those stuck with Mc Donalds.

But who cares right? You're be taken care of.

How about sticking to what the issues are with the Alliance and not bringing what the horde has into it since your poorly experienced to judge. The grass might be greener on the horde side but its not as perfect as it looks from a distance.

I hope you believe me when I tell you this, but I too would like to not have to drag you into it.

However, it is a Double Edged Sword at the moment, and we need to make comparisson's to the story line in given situations to prove points. The other fact of that we are constantly being absorbed into 'Horde' story lines is one of the major issues of being alliance.
Edited by Seebach on 4/17/2013 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]