Horridon

90 Goblin Priest
RuM
we are really struggling with horridon, mostly dying on the 3rd door. any tips? spent 2 nights getting rolled on him already.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We made a video guide of our normal mode kill. This was before the nerfs though. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhtCP6hwa4

Also, if you really want some solid advice, I'd suggest posting your composition and perhaps some logs.

Good luck
Reply Quote
Blood lust, potions, and CDs (unless you use some for door 2) door 3.
We also group up so they can easily be AoE downed, and move as a group to avoid frost orbs.
How many dispels do you have for diseases? If you have more then 1, then door 3 should be pretty easy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Slowly moving as a group towards the NEXT door you're going to with the raid between the add tank and the next door youre going to will make it easier for tanks to pick up adds since they have to go through the tanks AOE. Having dedicated interruptors for the priests on door 2 also helps, ie DPS A interrupts 1st priest, DPS B interupts 2nd etc. For more specific tricks you'd have to give your raid comp.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I posted this in a threat recently about horridon. Took out some stuff more specific to the OP.

"On the third gate, I highly suggest burning the first warlord asap and then having the tank pick up the next two and kite/drag them away from the raid a bit while the dps focus on killing the other adds and closing the door. Once the door is closed and adds dead kill the warlords. It helps to just get the 2 warlocks AWAY so that they are not dropping frozen bombs everywhere in the raid. This also allows dps to focus on the smaller adds which have no threat table but cause that annoying stacking disease. Keep a healer or 2 within range of the warlords tank since they will likely have to leave the horridon tank to other healer(s). ... The fourth door really isn't too bad. Just kill the shamans > bears, face bears away from raid, and dispell the curse from dps while avoiding any totems that get dropped. ALSO if you feel the need to HERO on the third or fourth door do not hesitate. It is not a big deal if you hero before the last phase. The last phase isn't that bad. There will be a lot of spikey tank dmg at the end but fast heals and cooldown usage makes it not so bad."

If you are struggling to survive 2 healing it perhaps give 3 healing a try but dps will need to be focused or you'll fall behind in kill order on adds. Enrage wasn't an issue for us.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
RuM
so is 2 healing pretty viable? that may help a lot, our all of our healers are very solid so perhaps that would be the best option.
Reply Quote
so is 2 healing pretty viable? that may help a lot, our all of our healers are very solid so perhaps that would be the best option.

Two healing is possible, yes, although you need fairly decent play from both your tanks and your healers. What are you dying to on the 3rd door?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

2 healing is probably better unless you have retarded amounts of DPS.

The healing problems come from being behind on adds/interrupts
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
04/10/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Tacobeef
They've finally fixed Horridon (and Garalon for that matter) - they are no longer intentional roadblock bosses. Blizzard has finally dropped their cynical strategy of forcing 80% of the normal-mode guilds to stay stuck on "scheduled" roadblocks.

0/10. At least make an effort to sound genuine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
we are really struggling with horridon, mostly dying on the 3rd door. any tips? spent 2 nights getting rolled on him already.

Message me in game and ill give you the run down or we can hop in vent skype or mumble whatever one you have and ill give you the perfect strat for the third door that no one seems to ever use.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hotfix for April 10 just dropped the hit points on the adds. This should make it much easier if you're struggling.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
We use Heroism the minute the big add drops down on the 3rd door. That way you can burn him down with at most 1 orb and then have the dps going to burn down the other 2 that drop. We do this while 3 healing. Otherwise folks just need to avoid orbs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We were stuck on him for 5 weeks up until the April 10 hotfix so you should be good now if you were able to get to the 4th door at least. We 3 healed it all along.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
They've finally fixed Horridon (and Garalon for that matter) - they are no longer intentional roadblock bosses. Blizzard has finally dropped their cynical strategy of forcing 80% of the normal-mode guilds to stay stuck on "scheduled" roadblocks.

Probably because they saw a rapidly increasing subscription loss mounting and they had to address it now to recover before next quarterly earnings.

Bad players will always be bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Please Don't Reply To Tacobeef.

I wonder whose main poster he's a gimmick of.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
RuM
saw they nerfed this today, so maybe we will have a bit more success, and yeah it seems we fall behind a bit in the 3rd door due to a not ideal raid comp for aoe on the weaker adds. Thanks for the advice!~
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I tried having our group focus on the little adds instead of the frozen warlords and it was not the best way for my group to go. We used heroism to burn them down as fast as possible while kiting the small adds as well as we could and spamming dispels to control the disease application. The smallest adds can be rooted, which really helps control them.

I also found it helpful to remind people they have individual cooldowns that can help them survive disease stacks long enough for the healers to remove it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I own all of my terrible posts by posting them only on one character. In fact whenever I post in the Priest class forum I routinely get accused of not actually playing a priest just because I don't want to play Character Bingo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]