Mana issues (possibly)

90 Blood Elf Monk
So I've been running arena 2's and BGs to gear up. I've noticed that when my group/team gets into some fast paced of intense combat my mana drops quickly. This isn't exactly an issue because within a minute I've used enough spells to easily be able to maintain at least 4-8 stacks of mana tea and that keeps me at around the same % of mana for the rest of the fight.

However I want to start LFR. I'm worried that the same sort of thing will happen, however because there's more people to heal I'll oom faster and be useless.

So I guess my TL;DR question is: Those of you who raid/LFR. Do you stick to tank heals or raid heals? And how do you maintain mana through intense fights?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LFR's/25 are actually easier. They are more forgiving because the burden is spread better.

As for tank heals vs raid heals... He who is taking damage (or is going to take the damage) gets the heals. I'll beacon the tanks (swapping between them as needed) and pop light heals throughout the raid constantly. I'll use bigger heals when the mechanics call for it, making sure to use my mana regen abilities whenever they are available.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So I've been running arena 2's and BGs to gear up. I've noticed that when my group/team gets into some fast paced of intense combat my mana drops quickly. This isn't exactly an issue because within a minute I've used enough spells to easily be able to maintain at least 4-8 stacks of mana tea and that keeps me at around the same % of mana for the rest of the fight.

However I want to start LFR. I'm worried that the same sort of thing will happen, however because there's more people to heal I'll oom faster and be useless.

So I guess my TL;DR question is: Those of you who raid/LFR. Do you stick to tank heals or raid heals? And how do you maintain mana through intense fights?

I wouldn't worry about it. You should poke me on Hyunae sometime and I'll run LFR with you. :-P She's my monk on your server.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]