Lakeshire?

90 Night Elf Rogue
Well, I heard a few rumors, and decided to do a bit of research on my own.. Looks like the Guardians of the Light leadership did a stealth server transfer with the guild. "But wait!" You might say, "What does this have to do with Lakeshire?!"

Well, Hallowed Remnants has been looking for something a tad bit closer to Stormwind for RP-PvP purposes and, considering Lakeshire was their claim, this is a question for those that have been left behind/have no intention of following: Are you going to take up the claim for Lakeshire? If you plan to, I will respect that fully, but seeing I honestly have no clue who to ask at this point in game, who would still be interested, and all of that fun stuff... I figured this would draw in the attention of anyone staying behind that would be interested currently still in GotL, at the same time showing interest in the potential claiming of it. Last two places we were considering I was a bit slow on, so not making that mistake again. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
You're too late, Thunderhoof Clan has already claimed it...

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9533/lakeshirefishing.jpg

All your base are belong to us.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Drat, foiled again. If it wasn't for those meddling bovine. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You're too late, Thunderhoof Clan has already claimed it...

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9533/lakeshirefishing.jpg

All your base are belong to us.

Hahaha!

As for GotL, I thought they were long gone. I've hardly seen them around for months now.
Oh well.
Edited by Siaradora on 4/14/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
As for GotL, I thought they were long gone. I've hardly seen them around for months now.
Oh well.
Yeah, but not going to try and poke at the claim just due to inactivity... However, I'd say the guild (As in literally just the guild, not the guild members) and guild leader jumping ship does open it up for other guilds potentially.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
In all seriousness, I do hope Hallowed Remnants takes up the claim here. When I go to Lakeshire I'm usually looking for something more dangerous than fishing, and I think HR can deliver^^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
In all seriousness, I do hope Hallowed Remnants takes up the claim here. When I go to Lakeshire I'm usually looking for something more dangerous than fishing, and I think HR can deliver^^
We would try our best to, at least. :D
Reply Quote
73 Human Death Knight
According to the ingame number we still have 163 members. Elyssah's alt is the New GM and quite a few people are still active.. so don't Get your horses ready to move wherever you're coming from. While people will no doubt be leaving the area. Give it a bit.. It's not going anywhere...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
According to the ingame number we still have 163 members. Elyssah's alt is the New GM and quite a few people are still active.. so don't Get your horses ready to move wherever you're coming from. While people will no doubt be leaving the area. Give it a bit.. It's not going anywhere...
GM left server, check.
GM took guild off server, check.

It already left, Zero. It's a matter of what those that were left behind, and active, wish to do.
Reply Quote
The Grin will be sure to ping up Lakeshire to see if it's still being defended ;)
Reply Quote
73 Human Death Knight
There is a perfectly fine place for you to go in Elwynn.. The Old Midnight Reveries Keep. Go there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The Grin will be sure to ping up Lakeshire to see if it's still being defended ;)
Well, depends on how this all goes. :) As of right now, only GotL member speaking up is an alt of someone that left GotL a long time back. So... Will wait to see if any active GotL members speak up. I don't want to swipe it if they actually want to keep it, and I'm serious on that.
There is a perfectly fine place for you to go in Elwynn.. The Old Midnight Reveries Keep. Go there.
Indeed, but it isn't precisely fair to lock down an entire town for RP-PvP because you like the GM and the guild, Zero. :P This is the first time I've seen you on this character for a while, and you're suddenly sitting in Redridge after this post went up. Sorry, but I'm not considering you an active guild member here... Just someone trying to troll. :(
Reply Quote
73 Human Death Knight
You can consider whatever you like. I am a Guild member it doesn't make it any less valid. If Elyssah has no plans for the area then that's fine. I will ask members that login to voice their opinions here if you would like.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You can consider whatever you like. I am a Guild member it doesn't make it any less valid. If Elyssah has no plans for the area then that's fine. I will ask members that login to voice their opinions here if you would like.
Zero... Let... Me explain this again...

The GM took the majority of their characters, and took the guild, Guardians of the Light, off server. To add to it, the Co-GM also left server on the majority of their characters from the looks of it. This doesn't strike me as a temporary thing. That's a lot of money to throw at a flight of fancy, heh.

I have every intentions of working with those that are still here, and not just charging in there with torches out and raiding the place. I'm not some brute. *Peers at those evil fishermen.* But that doesn't mean I'm going to take the GM into account when... Well... They made their intent clear. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
04/14/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Ismeralda
and not just charging in there with torches out and raiding the place.

I think that's exactly what me and Utum had in mind...

Actually, here's a really good way we can handle this. We'll round up some Horde to ping this place every night this week during prime time, and we'll count members of each guild that comes to defend it. At the end of the week we'll tally up the numbers, and the guild with the most defenders, takes the claim!

I'm really glad you guys like the idea, see you tonight : )
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/14/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Blakarth
and not just charging in there with torches out and raiding the place.

I think that's exactly what me and Utum had in mind...

Actually, here's a really good way we can handle this. We'll round up some Horde to ping this place every night this week during prime time, and we'll count members of each guild that comes to defend it. At the end of the week we'll tally up the numbers, and the guild with the most defenders, takes the claim!

I'm really glad you guys like the idea, see you tonight : )
Yes, I reread Utum's post and realized I misread it originally. :D But... Yeah, I suppose pinging it to check interest isn't a bad thing, regardless. If GotL members are still actively responding then that does fill in the blanks for me on if there's still interest by those that didn't follow the GM.

I was given a list of potential people still interested in VeCo from GotL. I'll be working on a letter to them overnight while packing, most likely. >.> But I will respond to the pings as long as I'm on and not busy. :) Wouldn't want you guys to be bored, regardless of who holds the claim.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
From my perspective (that of someone with 6 level 90s in the guild, someone left out and left behind with no information), I think it is too early to tell what will spring from the ashes. Give it some time, and if nothing emerges, the best way would be simply to move in. If no in game solution becomes apparent, then Lakeshire is yours. But please do us the courtesy of giving our remaining loyal members the chance to organize and figure out what we plan to do. A week, maybe two, should be enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
From my perspective (that of someone with 6 level 90s in the guild, someone left out and left behind with no information), I think it is too early to tell what will spring from the ashes. Give it some time, and if nothing emerges, the best way would be simply to move in. If no in game solution becomes apparent, then Lakeshire is yours. But please do us the courtesy of giving our remaining loyal members the chance to organize and figure out what we plan to do. A week, maybe two, should be enough.
This was exactly what I was hoping for in regards to a response from those involved.

I would rather give you guys all the time you need, and hope something does come from this, then just lose more people interested in the RP-PvP side of things. Would rather even help and make sure those that feel the same get on stable feet and continue playing. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just to be clear, I am in no way in the leadership of the Guardians, but I do involve myself in guild business very regularly. I speak only for myself in my previous post--not for the guild itself nor those who are similarly situated.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Just to be clear, I am in no way in the leadership of the Guardians, but I do involve myself in guild business very regularly. I speak only for myself in my previous post--not for the guild itself nor those who are similarly situated.
Oh, no, I understand. What I am saying is that is what I want: Not the GM to speak up. I want the people within the guild, the ones that are choosing to stay, to speak up. Doesn't matter of rank, just someone that has an attachment already to their RP in Lakeshire. :) It's more then just officers with such a thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]