Seal of Justice idea!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bake the mortal strike debuff into Seal of Justice.

Discuss.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
No bites?

I guess I'll make a topic about how much Inquisition sucks next time. ¬_¬
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
hi
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
As a ret pally, I am for this. Or any buff really. :3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not even a serious buff in my opinion, it would just make Justice viable in PVP.

It would promote situation awareness. Say you are with a small group killing a healer (or a target receiving heals) and you notice none of the classes around you have the healing debuff, you would swap over to help put the target down. Would help a ton when we're trying to solo a healer as well.

Can healers dispel censure at the moment? I don't have a clue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not even a serious buff in my opinion, it would just make Justice viable in PVP.

It would promote situation awareness. Say you are with a small group killing a healer (or a target receiving heals) and you notice none of the classes around you have the healing debuff, you would swap over to help put the target down. Would help a ton when we're trying to solo a healer as well.

Can healers dispel censure at the moment? I don't have a clue.

Normally I'd say yes, I can dispel it. But I've noticed lately Cleanse has gotten picky about what spells it can and can't dispell regardless of whether or not they're diseases, magic, or poison. So, I'm not sure anymore.
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
Grats, you figured out the one way to make Seal of Justice the PvP seal.

Unfortunately to do this they'd probably take the snare away.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well according to this: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/324393512063864833

The developers know Ret needs to bring something to the table to be competitive with other specs in RBGs. I'm guessing they're going to throw something Ring-of-Peace-like our way eventually.

If it were up to me:
I'd remove Burden of Guilt.
Make the snare baseline for Ret, and only from melee attacks (no judgment snare).
Add the mortal strike debuff onto Seal of Justice. (25% less healing)
Let the judgment with Justice trigger the 20% weapon damage.
Replace Burden of Guild with nice new AoE CC. (Ring of Peace, Solar Beam, etc)

What would be a fun new talent?

I like: Retribution Aura - Infuses party and raid members with a 'Retribution' buff that, when struck, causes any attacker to be stunned for 3 seconds and to take that hits damage over 6 seconds. Buff lasts 6 seconds. Thinking like a party wide touch of karma/Aoe stun. Different enemies would trigger the stuns at different times, causing a disturbance in their flow and causing them to hiccup. Who knows what blizz is gonna do though. ¬_¬
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^Way too OP. I prefer a way for us to burn healers a bit - the Justice seal with a Mortal strike ability puts us right there with warrior, cuts down on DK healing (which is almost second wind like) Now with the Damg buff and Ability to take on healers - why bring a warrior?
Edited by Amuroraye on 4/19/2013 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you drunk, Andhar?

But really, a retribution aura that worked similarly to how devotion aura works would be pretty cool. 3 minute CD. Causes all attacks to cause 50% of the damage dealt to all friendly players within 20 yards be dealt to the attacker as well.

See, it's not OP because then you can just stop hitting me for 6 seconds, or just tell your disc priest to give you bubble. Just like how it's not OP that I have selfless healer because you can dispel it.

....but really this game does not need more spells like that. This is a horrible idea and I'd be laughing if Blizzard actually considers such an ability when there's already spells like ring of peace and solar beam+ursol's vortext.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Burden of Guilt should most DEF be baseline.

Seal of Justice is decent since they increased the damage on it but adding an MS effect to it would be awesome.

Ide also like to see Blinding Light reduced to a 1 minute CD and a glyph that removes all DoTs when its used.

We're lacking a little in the CC and survivability departments right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well according to this: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/324393512063864833

The developers know Ret needs to bring something to the table to be competitive with other specs in RBGs. I'm guessing they're going to throw something Ring-of-Peace-like our way eventually.

If it were up to me:
I'd remove Burden of Guilt.
Make the snare baseline for Ret, and only from melee attacks (no judgment snare).
Add the mortal strike debuff onto Seal of Justice. (25% less healing)
Let the judgment with Justice trigger the 20% weapon damage.
Replace Burden of Guild with nice new AoE CC. (Ring of Peace, Solar Beam, etc)

What would be a fun new talent?

I like: Retribution Aura - Infuses party and raid members with a 'Retribution' buff that, when struck, causes any attacker to be stunned for 3 seconds and to take that hits damage over 6 seconds. Buff lasts 6 seconds. Thinking like a party wide touch of karma/Aoe stun. Different enemies would trigger the stuns at different times, causing a disturbance in their flow and causing them to hiccup. Who knows what blizz is gonna do though. ¬_¬

In other words, that tweet is saying don't expect anything to change in 5.3 because fixing Ret would require a major change to the game.

As for making BoG baseline, but only on melee, I'm not sure I like it. I really like the ranged snare in BGs and there have been quite a few times I wished I had it in arenas.

Honestly, even if you fixed SoJ into something usable, Ret will still suck in RBGs. Other things like solar beam/vortex, crazy AoE ranged DPS, the myriad of instant CCs with low CDs and blanket silences need to be addressed. There seems to be no trade off for being ranged anymore while melee is just cannon fodder.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you drunk, Andhar?

But really, a retribution aura that worked similarly to how devotion aura works would be pretty cool. 3 minute CD. Causes all attacks to cause 50% of the damage dealt to all friendly players within 20 yards be dealt to the attacker as well.

See, it's not OP because then you can just stop hitting me for 6 seconds, or just tell your disc priest to give you bubble. Just like how it's not OP that I have selfless healer because you can dispel it.

....but really this game does not need more spells like that. This is a horrible idea and I'd be laughing if Blizzard actually considers such an ability when there's already spells like ring of peace and solar beam+ursol's vortext.

Your ideas better. After some thought the aoe stun thing does seem a bit wacky.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Make the debuff " reflect"25% of incoming heals to the paladin instead
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
5%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd rather seen an anti-tunnel spell, like "For the next 10 seconds, every hit you take will generate a charge of holy power" so we can spam WoG or TV like mad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]