Blood Elves and Night Elves

90 Night Elf Priest
I remember some Sentinels ambushing a Magister and some guards at a burned-out Night Elven camp. There was no cowering.
They came in two Nightsabers and magister was cowering in fear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They came in two Nightsabers and magister was cowering in fear.

I'm somewhat sure he wasn't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm somewhat sure he wasn't.

I can't speak to him "cowering", but he certainly admits that those two would've likely killed or captured him without you there. To be fair, however, the entire ordeal would've been two versus one... so, not much to be discerned.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The Blood Elves greatest warriors and rangers are called the Farstriders, as most on here probably know.

Going off the lore, which probably means nothing now days, the most skilled Farstrider probably adds up, skills wise to a above average Night Elf Sentinel.

The Blood Elves also have a fraction of the forces the Night Elves do and as much as Night Elf fans complain about being neglected story wise,for Blood Elves it's even worse.

Things haven't changed much for the Blood Elves since BC, just compare the Night Elf leaders, to the Blood Elf leader? Joke. Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage vs Patchy.

Pretty sad when the profit Velen is known over Lor'themar Theron to most players interested in lore casually and the Draenei are pretty much the race that blizzard forgot or the "almost pandas" as I like to call them.

Blood Elves have 0% chance to win, if they somehow became corrupted, and joined forces with the Burning Legion. They would "probably" only win then. Blood Elves most likely have the weakest military might in World of Warcraft.

I have to admit, I am very amused some people think Patchy (Lor'themar) will be the new leader of the horde. I laughed out loud first time I read that.

Not saying it wouldn't be slightly cool in a way, because that points to the next expansion being Legion Focused (things already do, however most people also said the same thing about Pandaria being a Emerald Dream, Titans or Old Gods Expansion too) and that would almost mean more race lore for them
and the Draenei, not to mention a revamped outland.

Still it would be like Velen becoming the new high king of Stormwind. Will never happen.

No glory for ol' patchy I'm afraid.
Edited by Xagosaurfang on 4/17/2013 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
While blood elves definitely have their own merits as warriors - they have agility and endurance and they have master marksmen - I don't think it's tenable for blood elven warriors/farstriders to be on par with night elven sentinels. The latter are a warrior culture; they have had millenia to train and hone their skills; and they are physically superior to the blood elves. The former's culture puts an emphasis in study and use of the arcane, not in combat.
Reply Quote
It's not even necessary to get into the weeds here about farstriders versus sentinels on a qualitative basis. You could concede that they are equally capable and still get the same result: NE by a mile.

It's really a numbers issue for the Silvermoon elves. Always has been. They make up for that to some extent by magic, but at least as much by shrewd diplomacy. (Other folks call this elven perfidy. Mileage may vary.)

Right now in particular they're in a very rough spot, and have only just begun to climb back from the disastrous invasion of the Scourge. This is continually emphasized in the starting zones for the BE: they're in desperate straights.

They didn't team up with Sylvanas out of sentiment. They simply had no choice. (Now Lor'themar is rather regretting that choice, but I digress.) And that was their entry into the horde.

Their strategic situation is not good.

Now granted, this is all back in the BC era and they've recovered some since then, but still.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Mage
The b-elves have had their city devastated with huge losses, their leader went nuts, and were by some account "forced" to join the horde because of all this. They're in rebuild mode.

The n-elves on the other hand have had centuries of (relative) peace and prosperity. Their numbers would be much larger with a well-oiled military machine running at peak performance.

Yep n-elves..

Our people would put up a mean fight I'm sure. But not the best time for picking a fight.
Reply Quote
The n-elves on the other hand have had centuries of (relative) peace and prosperity. Their numbers would be much larger with a well-oiled military machine running at peak performance.

You're forgetting how basically all the men were asleep for most of those 10k years.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Cártian

You're forgetting how basically all the men were asleep for most of those 10k years.

Irrelevant. Assume static NE numbers and the result is the same. Neither race is especially prolific, presumably, but the NE begin with a much larger population and haven't suffered a recent demographic catastrophe.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Night Elves have the numbers and military. Blood Elves have EXPLOSIONS and a willingness to go too far.

There would be no winners. Just lots of corpses amidst burning trees.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
This thread needs more mana bomb.
Reply Quote
Well, if you want to go mutually assured destruction here the winner is...the Alliance High Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Well, if you want to go mutually assured destruction here the winner is...the Alliance High Elves.
I could see the Blood Elves decide try to redo the Sundering if it came down to it. So, they'd be without the Sunwell again, at the very least.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I want to be cynical and say the blood elves would win simply because they are horde.

But really, I do think they would win. The night elves are barely a shadow of what they used to be, while the blood elves continue to gain power for themselves and become more and more powerful.

The night elves can't do hardly anything without the Alliance swooping in to save them... it's sad, really.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
As a Alliance player and human, My impression of night elves was that they were the strongest Alliance member race. In wow they and they alone carried the entirety of Alliance on their backs for two expansion. Vanilla and Tbc, without them the Alliance would not havr hold and been routed on all fronts.

Night elves are powerful, but carrying the Alliance until they got their crap together obviously took its toll on the Nigh elves war machine in terms of personnel and resources. The night elves were the only one fighting a multi front war in vanilla and tbc. Then they went full on in wrath and cata.

As far as I am concern the rest of the Alliance are actually carrying their own weight now and trying to take the burden off the nigh elves. From my own perspective, the Alliance are just repaying the night elves by putting themselves on the front line for once in a conflict.

Vanilla-'Night elves fought Horde and lead the Alliance in the Kalimdor offensive.
Tbc-.They were the one thaf help push the burning,legion back and set up mulitple bases through out outland for said offensive.
Wrath -Finally the rest of the Alliance for once carried their own weight in a major conflict. Ne could rest and relax a bit.
Cata- They very homes is under attack and for once the Alliance cross the seas in aid of the night elves, who have always carried them. The eyes of Horde waa for once on thd Alliance as the night elves werecthe offensive push in the firelands. They also lead another ally into the Alliance,the worgens.
Mop- They should be resting, they earned it, the Alliance should be the on bleeding themselves on the front lines. The Night elves have earned their rest, we will take it from here until they can take a breather.

That why I.don't get the whole purple humans reference or why Nigh elves think they were portrayed weakly.

But yeah, druid magic own arcanes in a straight up fight. The high elves very trees turned against them, the battle in the forest leaning toward the night elves and they are empowered still by elune directly, unlike the high elves who took a singlr vial of elune massive power and fed off of it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Pound for pound I would think night elves and blood elves are at least equal, if not blood elves edging out in front by a bit, based on this expansion. The blood elves, few as they are still lead the charge on the Isle of Thunder opposite of the forces of Dalaran. Mind you I don't know if the night elves have won any great victories to their credit lately- does "A Little Patience" count? Toss some instances of them cleaning up if you got em, because I simply don't know much from the Alliance PoV.

However at the end of the day if you do go by numbers, then yeah night elves would probably win by a landslide. Both sides are intelligent and have access to various specialized soldiers, magic, and constructs/elementals of war, but night elves have a lot more of everything. Though I think it's worth pointing out that the night elves tree elementals and dryads are probably closer to racial allies than tools of war they command whenever they want. Arcane constructs and possibly blood golems after this patch are more or less automatons who do what they're told.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Night elves, Olympic level athletes every single one of them. Blood elves, gymnast caliber conditioning and nimble movement all of them. Druid magic +Elune priestess then to destroy anything in its way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/17/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Cártian

No, that's not true.

All DRUIDs were, but most men are not druids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't know... the night elves would logically be stronger by their sheer size- though size difference comes up in Orc vs Human debates and it usually ends up not mattering. But if you actually watch the Olympics it's usually the smaller competitors who triumph in the flighty gym categories. That's why people generally complain whenever China sends out a 12 year old girl against older competitors. Anyway... blood elves have warlocks and blood knights. Tyrande is also the only hardcore badass elune priest I know of, which based on current classes makes her a type of moonkin-druid/priest/warrior hybrid. I'm not sure the rest of the Elune Priesthood at large can make the same boast, can you?
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Ferlion

No, that's not true.

All DRUIDs were, but most men are not druids.

Ferlion, truly, it doesn't matter even if it were true. That's how bad things are for the BE.

I actually assume that after short post Sundering baby boom NE numbers stabilized and remained fairly static going into modern times. That's all it takes here, when the other side just lost 90% of their people and had fewer of them to begin with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]