The Hordebreaker

58 Undead Death Knight
I don't by novels, I go by what I see in the game. And what I see in the game, is that every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal, and every reprisal itself is an act of aggression!!!

Good for you.

But canon is the Alliance movements in the Barrens are the result of Horde aggression.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
That's a cute title, but it's still not going to get me to participate in 5.3's questing.

I did not roll an Alliance character so I could be stuck with the Horde's story - whether that comes in the form of the Alliance being a purely reactionary entity, copied and pasted quest text in favor of independent development, a comparative lack of scenarios because of that dream brew excuse, or an entire quest zone designed with one faction in mind with the other just being tacked on.

We already dealt with being thrown under the bus in Cata, watching the 1-60 revamp include lopsided zones which made victories look like crushing defeats, which refused to let us participate in certain conflicts or see lore for our own races, and which were explained away by time constraint issues. Why don't these time constraint issues ever pop up for the Horde? The Alliance too is playing for the most expensive game on the market right now. Isn't it time that Blizzard earned Alliance subscription revenues?

I'll put this plainly. As it stands, 5.3 looks like an unfinished product - especially given the line of broken promises that it's standing on. We need more than this. We need an Alliance story - and not a subplot like what we're seeing with Blood in the Snow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Oh my god, why the arguing and fighting?

"I need my blue pixels and red pixels to be equal! Way to many red, I wont have this! /nerdrage"

Stop. Seriously, STOP. Enjoy the story as a WHOLE. For what it is.

*Mind-boggled at all the rediculous complaining and whining*

You're not playing a Horde game....You're not playing an Alliance game. You're playing BLIZZARDS game. They will do as they see fit. Buckle in and enjoy the ride. (Or don't as so many of you seem dead set against it.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The Horde is falling apart, fighting itself. It is broken. The issue here is that we (the Alliance) had nothing to do with it. The nature of out involvement in 5.3.0 is assisting The Darkspear Rebellion in removing Garrosh and mending the horde.

So the title is puzzling to say the least.

Neighbor: Hey, Zash..Thanks for raking my lawn!
Zashana: I am not aiding you, villain! I am breaking you! Destroying utterly the lawn you care so much for!
Neighbor: Thanks a lot! Wow, I can do so much more stuff today..And you even brought your own bags! With ties! This is really great. Thanks.
Zashana: FEEL THE COLD STEEL RAKE OF JUSTICE, MONSTER!

Lmao this made my morning, thanks

Mine also, well done!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
"I need my blue pixels and red pixels to be equal! Way to many red, I wont have this! /nerdrage"

Stop. Seriously, STOP. Enjoy the story as a WHOLE. For what it is.

The point is that half of the story is suffering and not being developed for the sake of bolstering the other half. That would typically be defined as bad story telling, and that's why people are calling attention to it.

It's not about perfect equality, or a boring this for that exchange, but just being attentive to both sides and actually progressing them; as opposed to the lack of, or backwards character development we've seen recently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea, complain all the time and get really good results... but every Alliance I've met has always been very entitled.

A horde player claiming the Alliance is 'entitled'? Thats not a human footman statue I saw in front of the Blizzard office. They dont call it "Hordecon" for nothing. Now please sit down and let the adults talk

Anyways the title is awesome, though hopefully its not just a bone to sweep the real issue of story under the rug for a couple months.

Well Horde and Alliance players both pay their $15 a month, why shouldnt they both get equal content for equal pay? But its not even about equality.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 4/18/2013 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay, time for a noob pause here.

The Hordebreaker. Will it really be the new title for the alliance? Or it's just a quest thing? I'm trying to understand what it means, exactly...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
This is why I wish I would've started playing MoP when it came out. I would've been nice and ready for PVP...

So many Alliance need a spankin'.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Hordebreaker is a complete slap in the face for the Alliance, Kosak and company put in a shiny new title that will make some Horde fanboys jealous of the uber l33t title (which sounds like it belongs to a pvp achievement) and some Alliance will love it.

But those Alliance are probably the ones that don't really care that the quality of quests/story and lore the Alliance is getting is second rate compared to the Horde. Nothing the Alliance does in 5.3 is "Horde Breaking" so the title really is just a oh maybe if we give them something that sounds cool they will stop, it reeks of not caring on Blizzards behalf which is the problem in the first place.

The Alliance didn't need to be part of the retaking of Razor Hill, there could have been other great ways Blizzard could have went with their storyline and they didn't i.e setting up a forward base in Ashenvale (omg fixing the phasing of a zone we won at the same time) or taking back Northwatch Hold. Both would have been fun gameplay/story that would have focused on Alliance story lines. OR if Kosak and the writers were so dead set on the espionage then let the Alliance actually do some espionage, mess with both sides of the horde take out some high level npcs on both sides, hinder both sides war effort, that would be "Horde Breaking" but no we don't we get to do one spy mission then go beg Vol'jin to let us help supply his army.

I see post after post about how Alliance shouldn't complain about the quality of product they are receiving but we should and have every right to. Horde players and Blizzard didn't see any Alliance complain about the story line from 5.0 to 5.2 did you because it focused on our on faction and was good story telling while Hordes story focused on them it was a perfect balance of quality. Well I'll take that back Dalaran will be complained about when you nuked Thereamore it was taken out of the game when we purged Dalaran its like it never happened which happens a lot with Alliance. Wins never show up in the actual in game product, sure you hear about them, you just can never see the lasting effect of them so they always feel empty, which I think adds to alliance players being upset.
Edited by Kryven on 4/18/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm more excited about the Gorgeous title.

That's going to be my new title for sure <3
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
You'd think that some of the Horde posters here would actually read our arguments, but nope they'll keep putting their hands over their ears and keep complaining about our valid complaints.

According to the Horde I've talked to (well one that I've talked to), your complains are invalid because you got cool quests back in classic and had more zones than Horde did for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I would really like to know, other than not having to get books to read about your story, what do you really want to happen in the next patch? Or what did you think was going to happen? Because I swear, reading some of this it seems that some would only be happy in the utter annihilation of the Horde, which would effectively end the game.

As another person mentioned earlier, it's not a logical situation at all, because they can't go the logical route of letting us destroy ourselves in a civil war since this is a game that is built around two factions. Unfortunately, to keep it going, you need both factions, so that is out of the question. People must understand this. So what do you want them to do? I'm really rather curious.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Okay, time for a noob pause here.

The Hordebreaker. Will it really be the new title for the alliance? Or it's just a quest thing? I'm trying to understand what it means, exactly...
Doing various things ingame award titles, which act as a prefix or suffix to your character name. Finishing the 5.3 storyline will award Alliance players with <name>, the Hordebreaker.
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Warlock
I would have prefered "the Orc Euthanizer."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would really like to know, other than not having to get books to read about your story, what do you really want to happen in the next patch? Or what did you think was going to happen? Because I swear, reading some of this it seems that some would only be happy in the utter annihilation of the Horde, which would effectively end the game.

As another person mentioned earlier, it's not a logical situation at all, because they can't go the logical route of letting us destroy ourselves in a civil war since this is a game that is built around two factions. Unfortunately, to keep it going, you need both factions, so that is out of the question. People must understand this. So what do you want them to do? I'm really rather curious.

Well the most logical thing to do, would just be sit back and mop up after the rebellion and the loyalist kill each other.

That would be even worse though, since we'd basically do nothing

Think the issue was how it was presented, that we have to 'prove' ourselves to Vol'jin, should be the other way around. He needs us more than we need him
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
So a nifty title is enough to excuse an entire expansion and then some of playing second fiddle to the Horde?

Uh, no, I don't think so

Pathetic. Just because you chose the boring side you think it is our fault.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

I'd like to see Night Elves restored to their pre-Knaak status of awesome. And stop being a punching bag for the Horde. You can't deny that in the last two expansions Night Elves have served two purposes. 1). To allow the Horde to showcase their might by getting beat up in Azshara (formerly Night Elf land), Ashenvale (both in books and in-game), and in Stonetalon Mountains. 2). To showcase Varian's "growth" as leader as seen in the scenario with Lion's Landing and Tyrande totally forgetting that she's a brilliant military strategist.

Those are my two biggest issues Lore-wise with the Alliance, but I'm a Night Elf fanboy, so take that for what you will. I would also love to see Tyrande reassert herself as the leader we saw in Warcraft III ("Only the goddess may forbid me something, Malfurion.") and remind Malfurion that she ran their civilization for 10,000 years and he doesn't get to come back like nothing happened.

Think the issue was how it was presented, that we have to 'prove' ourselves to Vol'jin, should be the other way around. He needs us more than we need him

In fairness, he does explain why you need him. He tells you that he's perfectly happy to sit back and let you destroy yourselves against Garrosh. Then he'll kill whoever survives, give the bodies to Sylvanas and her Val'kyr, and use his new undead army to take Orgrimmar. So in essence, you need him to agree to work together, because otherwise he could just let you die and raise you as a soldier.
Edited by Lukar on 4/18/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Those are my two biggest issues Lore-wise with the Alliance, but I'm a Night Elf fanboy, so take that for what you will. I would also love to see Tyrande reassert herself as the leader we saw in Warcraft III ("Only the goddess may forbid me something, Malfurion.") and remind Malfurion that she ran their civilization for 10,000 years and he doesn't get to come back like nothing happened.

But Malfurion does get to come back like nothing happened and then sit there when horde attack his wife in darnassas. Oh also in Cata he asked for their help in firelands even after Garrosh tried to assassinate his wife in Ashevenale (Wolfheart novel). Its a overwhelming problem with Alliance Heros they don't fight back they don't remember the horrible things the horde do to them they just forget about them and forgive.

As another person mentioned earlier, it's not a logical situation at all, because they can't go the logical route of letting us destroy ourselves in a civil war since this is a game that is built around two factions. Unfortunately, to keep it going, you need both factions, so that is out of the question. People must understand this. So what do you want them to do? I'm really rather curio

I agree we can't just wipe out the Horde, We could have however set up a forward base in Ashevenvale (fixing the phasing in the zone at the same time to reflect the Alliance win in game) or taking back Northwatch Hold all things that probably should happen if the Alliance is going to make a push for Org instead of just showing up in 5.4 the day of the raid going lets zerg this mofo after begging Vol'jin to take our supplies for his little party!
Reply Quote

Honestly, we're pretty tired of helping the Horde. We're tired of hearing "we didn't have time for that Alliance scene/questline/story so we cut it". We're tired of never seeing our lore in the game world. We're tired of having mirrored quests. We're tired of seeing stories that take established characters and have them acting entirely different than they have been established. We're tired of having to roll Horde to get the Alliance story. We're tired of the condescending nature of the writers. We're tired of being told to "wait and see".

And MoP has been a very good response to Alliance concerns up to this point. Tyrande...well, nevermind, nothing's going to work out 100% of the time. We got to see our faction DO something and be effective. There were shortcomings, yes, but on the whole it was a wonderful change of pace.

With the preview of 5.3 on the PTR, we're worried its going back to normal now that the story is getting down to the nitty-gritty. We've seen it before and we might be done with the "bone" the developers threw us. We do not want that. We want to keep an Alliance storyline that belongs to the Alliance.

Things like a title change are good, but they are symptoms of the issue, not the issue itself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Well the most logical thing to do, would just be sit back and mop up after the rebellion and the loyalist kill each other.

That would be even worse though, since we'd basically do nothing

Yes that is the logical thing to do, but like I said, you can't really do that in a game that revolves around two factions. This isn't real life where it would most likely be done that way. That's why I'm curious. How else can you come up with it where you don't end up ending the game before it is supposed to? I think Blizzard had a good idea, I like the strife going on, I like the story, but I think they backed themselves into a corner.

04/18/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Lukar
I'd like to see Night Elves restored to their pre-Knaak status of awesome. And stop being a punching bag for the Horde.

I'm just snipping this, sorry. But I agree with you. I like Night Elves and Blood Elves because their story was always intriguing to me and I hate what they have done with the Night Elves and Tyrande. I want the Alliance to have as much of a story as Horde does. I think that they do need to remember, as do Horde members as well that we can't have total equality since that isn't for good story telling, but they need to have more fleshed out in game and not have to play Horde to get the rest of their story as they have had to do in the past.
Edited by Kaeilthas on 4/18/2013 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]