Capacitator Totem proper use. 380 Engineering

90 Tauren Paladin
Since I'm not expecting any Shaman CC buffs from Blizzard I'm telling you how I use that "useless" totem. Sadly using the totem and popping Totemic Projection almost never works because any sane player will insta shoot it.

You need the Glyph of Capacitor Totem, 380 Engineering, and the Totemic Projection talent.

Notice: My Malevolent Gladiator's Waistguard of Cruelty has Frag Belt from Engineering on it.

Frag Belt has a 1 minute cooldown and puts 3 incapacitates one each of the targets standing in the area. 40 yards range

#showcooldown Malevolent Gladiator's Waistguard of Cruelty
/stopcasting
/castsequence reset=35 Capacitor Totem
/castsequence reset=35 Malevolent Gladiator's Waistguard of Cruelty, Totemic Projection

You gotta activate that macro, select an area, quickly press macro again to select the same area.

Everyone in that area is first incapacitated for 3 seconds, followed by a 5 seconds stun. You can also cast Hex on your target 1 before stun wears off lol

(If your opponent trinkets the incapa simply frost shock him and he'll be stunned in a sec)

This basically always works for me. You can easily full heal yourself during that time if you're ele unless your opponent is not a hunter (pet !#@%!#@%)

Now combine this with insta cc Ancestral Swiftness+Hex and you have 2 long instant control abilities.
Edited by Lewer on 4/18/2013 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
That is fun to use, in battlegrounds only.

however the frag belt has a small radius, its still hard to pinpoint.

just root them and drop cap right behind them. at this point just begin your burst macro. either they will focus you to stop you and get hit by your cap, or they will focus your totem and get setup on by you. simple solution really, one or the other type idea.

I prefer the invisibility field though. 15 seconds of silence to sneak up on someone makes me feel like a harder hitting rogue with less stuns and silences lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
But what happens when a rogue comes down to you? :D

yeah the radius is small but people will learn how to aim after a few days. i rarely miss my target.

And I thought of using invi too, but it doesn't really give me an advantage compared to an 8 sec incap/stun.

btw i sometimes just heal during the incap and start bursting as soon as they're stunned
Edited by Lewer on 4/18/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Im not saying that the frag belt is bad... I am just saying i had some pretty bad aim with it unless I snared someone (lol)

Unless a rogue exceedingly out gears me, I usually dont have too much problem with them as Enhance. A little bit more of a problem as Elemental because of the added silence, however on my belt for elemental I use the Speed burst to kite out which helps after dropping roots.

But I actually have the opportunity to drop on Feral or Rogues who decide to run uninvis till they see you. It gets pretty addicting!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Why would I go to all this trouble when I could just lay it down in preperation for a burst window, count to 3/4 and then project it to where I need it to be...?
Edited by Lavalicious on 4/18/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Timing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
That is fun to use, in battlegrounds only.

just root them and drop cap right behind them. at this point just begin your burst macro. either they will focus you to stop you and get hit by your cap, or they will focus your totem and get setup on by you. simple solution really, one or the other type idea.

@Lavalicious Like I stated, its just for fun to use, and it is only in BG. nothing rated. If you are into Engineering, then go for it. Youre either choosing this, invisibility, or the speed. really its whichever you want to use for giggles.

he was just saying if you use it, you can combo it, get a little bit of damage off aswell. Like I said, you can use it in many ways, but you have to wait that 3/4 sec to macro (or manually project it) or you can immediately send it off and begin your own set up. There are many usese for it. Just take this post in a fun light, and an option if you do use frag belt.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]