Question for the Casuals

90 Blood Elf Priest
What keeps you coming back?

I went from being on 3-5 hours a day to a few hours a week.

Why do I keep coming back? Simple.
RP - There are some amazing RPers out there. One in particular who is worth re-subbing for!
Music - Nothing beats walking around Eversong+Silvermoon. Darnassus even.
WPvP - Not the same without the ol' Warbringing Kaldorei swinging his sword at my bubble but amusing nonetheless.
Edited by Siaradora on 4/3/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm very much a casual player. Things that keep me coming back?

Relationships I've formed with other players
The pond at Thunder Bluff
WPvP
Dakini
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Relationships I've formed with other players

*Nods with a grin*

Indeed.
I'd sound heartless if that wasn't a major reason for me as well.
Strong bonds are worth transfering factions/realms for.
They give you a home.

*Edits her post a bit*
Edited by Siaradora on 4/3/2013 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I play to destress. This is why I am here; the laid-back atmosphere. Casual raiding (if you're gunna scream rather than laugh when we wipe, I'm gone), farming, collecting things.

And the people.
Reply Quote
37 Draenei Priest
Well, I'm fairly new here, but here goes.

It seems to be a very tight-knit server with great RP guilds both Horde and Alliance. This is good, and I enjoy the atmosphere.

The fact that it's CRZ is why I'm here. I'm leveling up a guild of toons to all be high level and eventually do LFR, and BGs and WPvP etc. It's so much fun leveling on this server.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I really enjoy the good tauren of Thunderhoof, as well as a number of players who run about Azeroth without hooves.

Plain and simple, this is a great little community, and I enjoy being a part of it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
It's definitely the community that keeps me coming back.

Oh! And Dimmi of course!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'm too slow of a learner to be able to enjoy trying new games : /
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/03/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Dakini
It's definitely the community that keeps me coming back.

I've been on both sides of VeCo and the Horde is truly where I've always felt more welcome. The community as a whole though is pretty decent, I quite agree.

04/03/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Aovi
I really enjoy the good tauren of Thunderhoof, as well as a number of players who run about Azeroth without hooves.

I think it's about time I pay Thunder Bluff a visit. Perhaps in a moo-re fitting form.
I seem to be missing out on alot of fun!
Reply Quote
If it weren't for the Grin and all the amazing people on this server I would have quit by now. I stopped playing WoW for WoW a long time ago - the game is as fun as it is because of the people I play with. Much love for all the guilds/individuals who give me that warm and fuzzy feeling every time I log on.

Love you guys <3

It's also really easy to be a casual PvPer on VeCo and not be terribad so it's still fun.
Reply Quote
I play precisely BECAUSE I am casual and can be now with LFR and all the other helpful mechanics put in the game since Vanilla. I can't play constantly and my life is pressured enough without having to play a game at peak efficiency so I can murder a pixellated loot pinata for epic loot that will be obsolete when the next patch comes out...too much like work to me.

I also LOVE the lore and backstory of WoW...a primary reason I keep returning. Yes, I actually read all the out of game books, manga, and comics...and truly enjoy watching a live story unfold that I can actively be a part of.

As a casual, especially with LFR now, I get to experience all the story content without having to work too hard. I play WoW for relaxation, not stress.

PS. Our VeCo gang isn't bad either. ;-) I enjoy my time with my guildies, the banter with other Alliance and Horde guild leaders and players in game and on the forums. I also enjoy playing WITH our people...or against them (as the case may be).
Edited by Braellyn on 4/4/2013 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
(In reverse order of importance)

5. Despite the radical changes since its origin, WoW is still relatively easy to pick up after long absences from the game.

4. WoW does entertain and invite players from the "casual" to the "hardcore" and every one of us who fall in between.

3. Love the lore, love the story line.

2. The biggest reason I keep coming back to WoW is because I am (likely) desperately attempting to re-ignite the wonderful/awesome feeling of downing Onyxia for the first time with a zillion guildmates in Vent. Or running ZG. Even that experience didn't hold a candle to the times in earlier MMOs like Ultima Online. The close-knit community that game offered was precisely why I transferred to a server with no Cross Realm. I guess it may be why several of us old-times (peeps in their 30s!) keep playing?

1. Came for the Elves, but Stayed for the Tauren.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

1. Came for the Elves, but Stayed for the Tauren.

First toon: Nelf Rogue, Aovi, Normal server, made it to level 19 when I saw my first Tauren in crossroads.

Next toon, Tauren Shaman, Aovi, RP server.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
@Sia.....stop by the Bluff anytime. The pond is the most relaxing place in all of Azeroth.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@Sia.....stop by the Bluff anytime. The pond is the most relaxing place in all of Azeroth.

*Taps her chin and smiles*

I might have to take you up on that offer and who knows, I might bring a friend too.
One can always find time for relaxation.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
All are welcome!

Except for the dirty Ally scum!

/me winks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
i quit wow once

then 2 years later out of nowhere i had a dream where i created the ultimate keybinding

woke up and started playing again that night
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, and Panderia

This server is really good too (Even you Hordeies that drive me nuts)

Now just need to find a regular RP group and I'll be set
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
WPvP - Not the same without the ol' Warbringing Kaldorei swinging his sword at my bubble but amusing nonetheless.

I'm just a battletag invite away from shattering your bubble.

That sounded dirty. :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
What keeps you coming back?

I went from being on 3-5 hours a day to a few hours a week.

Why do I keep coming back? Simple.
RP - There are some amazing RPers out there. One in particular who is worth re-subbing for!
Music - Nothing beats walking around Eversong+Silvermoon. Darnassus even.

>Shadow priest
>5.2 shadow priest
>Claims to not be a "casual"
>Claims to remember things prior to 5.2

Are you !@#$ing kidding me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]