Troll or Undead Monk?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really dig how Troll Monks can stand, and I've always loved the classic animation of them crouching. Armor looks pretty cool on them too, but then there's Undead... there's something intriguing about breaking out the kung fu on someone and then eating them.
Edited by Artuleska on 4/3/2013 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
According to realmpop, trolls are the least represented race for monks in the horde. They make up 2.2% of all level 90 horde monks. Undead make up 6.8%.

So if being unique means anything to you, troll would make you stand out more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Pandas lie down on their belly...
Reply Quote
I do rather enjoy my mini-BL for emergencies as a tank, more white hits means a higher chance for Gifts of the Ox

Also, the extra 5% damage against beasts is fairly situational, but still a DPS increase should you be fighting any bosses that are categorized as beasts

You won't really notice Troll regeneration to much, but it's there, and does what it says it does, what is it? like 1% health every 2 seconds in combat?

EDIT: 0,0011 x [Your HP] = HP / 2 sec is something I found on wowhead, so just kind of put that in perspective over the course of a long fight

I do enjoy the undeads life steal, I haven't put it to much to the test as a tanking character, but it's extra damage/healing, and it's passive
Edited by Jinokal on 4/3/2013 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I think they're both good choices. I went undead so I could RP being a former Scarlet Monk (SM had monks many years before MoP came out) but animation-wise they both work well.

As far as the racials, Trolls get a haste buff and Undead get an extra PvP trinket. Note that WotF can be used right after Elusive Brew to break fear a third time. Both of them get additional self-healing.

The Trolls' Dead Eye racial won't be much use to you though.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
Haste buff, bonus damage vs Beasts, and most importantly, style. That's why you roll Troll.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Haste buff, bonus damage vs Beasts, and most importantly, style. That's why you roll Troll.

With Touch of the Grave we get bonus damage vs. everything though :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
undead.. bawsss..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
undead in snake stance. so awesome. pokey pokey bony fingers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]