Question about Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick

59 Troll Death Knight
Okay, straight to the point.

Will having both a gnomish army knife and the pandaren mining pick in my bags cancel out the proc chance off the panda pick for gems? It has such a ridiculously low proc rate to begin with, I can't tell.
Reply Quote
It's a weapon, the gnomish army knife isn't a weapon. Since they are different equipment you can still carry both in your bag. The +10 mining probably won't stack, but you should still have the really really low chance to get a gem from the weapons proc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
You can still get gems with both of them. On my mining toon i have mined about 2 gems in a month with both items in my bag.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It's just a very low drop rate with severe RNG. It's just a little bonus. If you *need* gems, send your green ones with golden lotus to a transmute alchemist.

My miner has the army knife and mining pick and gotten a few gems but I don't count on it.
Reply Quote
59 Troll Death Knight
Thank you guys for the responses. I wasnt sure, but either way the gem proc is ridiculously low, thanks again!
Reply Quote
It seems that I don't get the +10 to mining with Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick on my Warlock does that mean that it will not work for me at all? And is the reason I'm not getting the bonus because lock's can't use an Axe even though it plainly says on the item that it does not need to be equipped. Does anyone else have this problem and or have any suggestions for this issue?
Reply Quote
Do you already have an item that grants +10 to mining?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]