WoW Launcher stuck on Initializing

(Locked)

Hi! I have done many searches on this forum for solutions to my problem, have tried everything I could find, and I am still having the same issue. My WoW launcher is permanently stuck on "initializing." I have deleted the blizz entertainment folder and bnet folder in ProgramData file on my computer, as per the technical support FAQ article. This did not fix the issue.
I have checked my antivirus program (avast) and windows firewall multiple times to verify that blizz downloader and launcher has full access and is not blocked.
When I click on "Connection information", the message says "There is no download in process."
I decided to give in and re-install the game. Aaaaand, now stuck on "Initializing." Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
As I stated above, I have done all of the recommendations from this page with no results: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/blizzard-launcher-tools-patch-troubleshooting

Thank you so much in advance for any of your help :)
Edited by Fenryr on 4/6/2013 11:06 AM PDT
To update: I am at the college I work at (off work!!), so perhaps the problem is with their internet access? I will try again when at home.
90 Tauren Paladin
I am having the same issue. Started last week, I don't remember if it was after Tuesday's maintenance. When I click the WoW Launcher icon, a Blizzard Launcher Update windows pops up with a green loading bar. It get's stuck at around 70%ish. So I started using wow.exe and I was able to skip the WoW launcher for last week, but since there is a new patch today, I am forced to use the WoW launcher which isn't working. I used the link that you provided and did all the steps, but none worked. I submitted a ticket just now. :(
100 Night Elf Monk
Having this same issue. I've tried all the options in this thread

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6877337876#13

and nothing is working for me. I'd say about a week ago this started happening for me. I've been using the wow.exe directly to access and play the game. Now that has stopped working and it re-directs me to the launcher, which gets stuck on Updating Tools, 0% or initializing. Then says "failed to download patch, please check your internet connection." About a year ago the wow.tfil file fixed this problem.

I'm trying to log in and play from southwest asia where I'm deployed to. Is government wireless causing a new problem? This is really frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
59 Undead Death Knight
Having this same issue. I've tried all the options in this thread

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6877337876#13

and nothing is working for me. I'd say about a week ago this started happening for me. I've been using the wow.exe directly to access and play the game. Now that has stopped working and it re-directs me to the launcher, which gets stuck on Updating Tools, 0% or initializing. Then says "failed to download patch, please check your internet connection." About a year ago the wow.tfil file fixed this problem.

I'm trying to log in and play from southwest asia where I'm deployed to. Is government wireless causing a new problem? This is really frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

This is happening because you're not allowed to download torrent files on the internet connection you're using.

1. Update the Agent and launcher:
http://patchup.info/blizz/tools/Win/
(Choose one of the three methods)

2. Download the new tfil:
http://patchup.info/wow/tfil/NA/
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any other suggestions i tryed doing what u said and didnt work im having exact same problem as them cant get past initializing on launcher
59 Undead Death Knight
Try deleting the Updates and the Battle.net folders.

Updates:
World of Warcraft\Updates
Battle.net:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc
Edited by Barthus on 4/10/2013 5:20 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
when i try to load wow its says updating blizzard launcher and its stuck at 70% i need help this is the 5th time this happen i need help
90 Human Paladin
can anyone please help me
90 Blood Elf Mage
Why Hasn't Blizzard responded to this! I have not been able to login with this same issue for 3 days now... They have not responded to my support tickets either
90 Undead Warlock
can anyone please help me

i had a problem similar to yours.
-white window with blizzard/wow logo
- green progress bar which freezes at an estimated 60%-70% completion?

yeah, i got that. and then i was dumb enough to try and reinstall before coming here.
and because i don't have the hard discs t use, when i try and reinstall digitally i get that same window, but it doesn't even get passed the "checking for updates" part.
90 Blood Elf Mage
OK guys.. Finally resolved the issue.

1 - Check to see if you have any outstanding Windows updates (Windows 8 - I actually had 10 updates waiting)
2 - Delete or rename the Battle.net directory in c:\programdata\battle.net
3 - Restart the computer if a file is stopping you from doing this. When the machine is back up, immediately rename the folder.
4 - Ensuring that all updates have completed and the Battle.net folder has been renamed, click on your launcher for WOW.
5 - You should see the setup screen start and the launcher should update, you will also see a new Battle.net folder created.
6 - The launcher screen should load correctly, and you will have a small hotfix that addresses the launcher issue, after that has installed you should be good to go.

This is a Windows 8 machine so it may be different for XP and Win 7 users. These steps corrected my problem, good luck!
90 Human Priest
I cant figure this out.
81 Night Elf Rogue
RAWR
91 Orc Warlock
I am having the same issue.
Haven't played since the update on the 11th. Done all the above stile not working. But y would blizz care I already paid for the game time.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is really starting to rustle my jimmies...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Having the same issue here...I tried uninstalling and and downloading it again but it stays on checking for updates.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Having the same issues, sounds like others in the same boat as well.

re-started; dumped files etc. but to no avail
90 Worgen Priest
I've got 3 more days till I take official break from WOW but this is definitely disappointing. I kinda hope I didn't leave anything in AH.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]