Feral agility vs other stats

100 Worgen Druid
Hey all. Probably a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway. Im kinda confused a bit as Im gearing up here. I know that agil is and has always been our biggest stat. What confuses me is the other stats. I know most consider mastery pretty important after hit/expertise cap, and that is pretty much how I have always tried to go. Here is my question though: when gearing, at what point to you use a higer level piece of gear with more agility, but with no mastery on it.

For example. I just picked up the tier gloves in lfr. They have about 100 more agil on them once I gem red, but I will lose over 500 mastery by replacing my murders gloves with the tier. Is it worth it to use an item with 100 more agil if I lose that much mastery???

Another example: I currently have Quadra-head broach on my neck from lfr. I was thinking of buying the flankers battle tags because that will give quite a bit more agility, but again, it will also cost me quite a bit of mastery if I do that!! It seems there are quite a few other options as well that I can increase my agility substantially, but at the cost of losing mastery. Just seems like much of the gear lately has hit and haste on it....which I really don't need

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am not quite sure what to do here. I do alot of practicing on the dummies, but it seems like it is sooooo different every time, and I can't really get any conclusive data that proves one way is better than the other. im not very good at simming either....so I dunno???

What does everyone else think, or has anyone tested in this area?? Is it wise to go for higer agil items even if the stats arent that great?
Thanx in advance
D
Edited by Silvertyp on 4/7/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
AGILITY>HIT>EXPER>MASTERY>CRIT>HASTE

Hit to cap..Expertise to cap

Stats may slightly change in weight due to talent selections. Incarnation v. DOS. But, at least in my view, Incarnation is a better choice overall.

As for your gear issue. A slight increase in agility isn't going to make a huge difference when your getting gear. But if its a large increase, yes, take it...you can always reforge less useful stats away. So for example, if you get a peice of gear which has high agility but has haste and crit. You can reforge the haste > mastery. Problem solved. Looking at your gear it doesn't appear that you have reforged ANYTHING, ever.

You probably need to make sure your hit/exp is capped before you start reforging into mastery. You will see your dps go up btw. Also: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130906-feral_cat_mists_pandaria_5_2_a/#Stats
Edited by Goonq on 4/7/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Thanx for the reply. I actually have quite a bit of my gear reforged, and everytime I get a new piece of gear, I run it through reforgelite to get my hit cap to 7.5, with mastery as next priority, then crit.

Thanx for the link....pretty much explains what I wanted to know.
much appreciated!!!
D
Edited by Silvertyp on 4/7/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
in general, getting a higher itemlevel is always better than searching for specific stats.. especially for ferals since all the stats are relatively close to eachother with mastery slightly ahead

Only exception could be trinkets, depending on their procs etc :P
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Thanx guys!! I appreciate the replies! Higher lev items it is!! :)
D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Also, just wanted to add that for PvE Incarnation is worse than SotF. For PvP Incarnation is great though.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

disagree

in general, getting a higher itemlevel is always better than searching for specific stats.. especially for ferals since all the stats are relatively close to eachother with mastery slightly ahead

agree

Also, just wanted to add that for PvE Incarnation is worse than SotF. For PvP Incarnation is great though.

disagree
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
04/08/2013 01:50 AMPosted by Primalfunk

disagree

disagree

Why?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
04/07/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Goonq
AGILITY>HIT>EXPER>MASTERY>CRIT>HASTE

While this isn't bad in theory up until now things may change with gear. Especially with the introduction of more RPPM items (trinkets/legendary meta) that have a direct increase in value with more haste. Or, like in my case, I have mastery/crit/haste very close to each other to maximize the value of my trinket proc.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

disagree

Why do you disagree? The extra energy from SotF makes for more sustained dps rather than small windows of burst damage every 3 minutes. Out of curiosity, how much dps are you pulling usually on fights with Incarnation instead of SotF. Also, getting hit and expertise to cap is very important for smoothing out the rotation primarily. While I have seen some simulations show that being up to 1% under might be a theoretical dps increase it is always a fairly minor increase and you run the chance of missing an ability at a key time and thus losing more than you would have gained.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
agility is worth about 3 times as much damage as other secondary stats for feral.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Run your character through SimulationCraft (perhaps doing a reforge plot for secondary stats) and you will be able to answer all your own questions :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1883

compares all nicely, and in one place. Not my work.

Id like to point out the clear result that SotF > FoN > Inc.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

disagree

agree

disagree

Not sure why you disagree with Hit/Expertise capping and Incarnation not being worse than SotF. Incarnation in PVE is only useful the first use when a boss/mob is over 80% health, after that it's considerably weaker than SotF.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]