An Accept/Decline button NEEDs to be added or

90 Orc Warrior
TL:DR = Let us choose to not join partial raids or let us leave within 60 seconds of entering a partial without deserter debuff.

As a vanilla player who came back shortly after MOP launch after about 3 years away from the game mostly because of LFR, similar to how they migrated dungeons. (hell I was elated when they added xrealm BG's) This is pretty much the only kind of PVE content (other than leveling my toons from 80-90) that I will have access to as my play times are sporadic and require me to be able to drop what I'm doing in an instant and get on work issues immediately.

LFR queues for DPS are already ridiculous and not much better for tanks (I know because I tank on my Pally and DK and used to tank on my Druid until 5.2) but I have just spent ALL afternoon (4 hours and 39 minutes) trying to get into a LFR where Jin'Rokh the breaker is up and after 4 joins with him down in every single one I'm just fed up.

It's already frustrating enough for an alt-aholic like me to run 6 x 90's through LFR every week but now with everyone bailing on the ToT raids after the boss that drops their weapon/trinket I can't even get all the ToT LFR's done per week, let alone trying to go back to 5.1 LFRs to backfill other slots and offspecs.

And to those pontificating about the "preferred queue" that's a load of hogwash as twice i finished LFRs that were already underway and got stuck RIGHT BACK into partially complete raids.

If we're going to continue facing 1-3 hour queues (Yes I have sat in 3 hours queue's for Halls of Fleshshaping this week) at LEAST give us the option to get into a fresh run. At least most of the "Failbuff Partials" I've been stuck into in HoFS have been because people can't figure out the maze on Durumu and I get a full run.

My suggestions are twofold...

1. Add a popup like there is on dungeons stating how many bosses are down already.

2. Allow people in an LFR instance under 60-90 seconds to leave without deserter debuff.

/signed

Frustrated Alt-o-holic

InB4 : UmadBro, L2doNormalRaids, etc..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Holy Christ do you people even think for five seconds about how this option would do nothing to improve your experience (in both cases you would have to wait for another queue to pop) while hampering the vast majority of the playerbase's ability, including yourself, to complete in-progress runs?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Holy Christ do you people even think for five seconds about how this option would do nothing to improve your experience (in both cases you would have to wait for another queue to pop) while hampering the vast majority of the playerbase's ability, including yourself, to complete in-progress runs?

Do you not know that there is always more than one group being formed? I can queue on my druid's account at the same exact time I queue on my paladins account, both as heals and both get a queue pop but not the same group?

It's ALREADY ridiculously tedious to get fresh runs... I had to do animus 3 times before I finally got a fresh run on my druid the first day it released.

So you think this is a perfectly acceptable situation and that nothing needs to be done?

Also, why should people have to keep repeating the same bosses over and over in one instance, with no chance at loot or rep before they can even SEE the first boss of the instance.

Normally I would just take the deserter and join queue on one of my other characters but today is Monday and my warrior is the only character who has yet to do his LFR's this week... I thought that 5 hours would be enough to complete 1-3 LFR's... I was VERY wrong.
Edited by Leviathun on 4/8/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
And to those pontificating about the "preferred queue" that's a load of hogwash as twice i finished LFRs that were already underway and got stuck RIGHT BACK into partially complete raids.

Am I seriously the only person in the world that has no trouble with this?

I've NEVER been put into a partially completed run after finishing out a previous run and queuing immediately after.

Can someone that doesn't have a bone to grind with the LFR system verify that getting put into partially completed LFR's after fully finishing a previous in progress run actually happens?
Edited by Azloran on 4/8/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
it's ALREADY ridiculously tedious to get fresh runs... I had to do animus 3 times before I finally got a fresh run on my druid the first day it released.

I was in the same boat last night as a tank. I got queued into Animus twice in a row before I got a fresh run. And yes, I think its perfectly acceptable. I think its the best way to handle it. And I bet ya I can name 24 other players who said they were waiting for a tank for 25 mins who agree with me.

If people can opt out of runs in progress, then attrition will simply kill runs and the number of runs actually completed will be next to nothing.

If people can't opt out of runs, then some people will have to que multiple times on occasion which is a pain in the butt and an inconvenience. But between the two, I'll take option 2 every time.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Can someone that doesn't have a bone to grind with the LFR system verify that getting put into partially completed LFR's after fully finishing a previous in progress run actually happens?
Can't say I've ever had that happen on my alts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
So, OP, what happens when you get a "fresh" run and several people leave after the first boss because they don't really need to stay for the rest of the run for whatever reason?

Maybe they don't need loot, don't care about the valor, only had time for one boss, sudden emergency and had to go, they lost Internet connection, just changed their mind, etc?

How long will it take you to get replacements if the option to only get new LFR runs is up there? How long before you come whining back to the forums about jerks that won't stay and finish your run?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
About half the population is pure stupid and the other half has common sense. You picked the right side OP.

This is a great post because whether or not you're insulting him is completely left up to the reader.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

It happens, but it's rare. It's kind of a rock/hard place thing. If they guarantee a fresh run the next time you enter the queue, some groups will be waiting for that last tank/healer for ages. The point is there is no great solution here and it isn't as simple as the OP would like you to believe.

I'm hoping 5.3 will fix it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I've NEVER been put into a partially completed run after finishing out a previous run and queuing immediately after.

It happened occasionally the first couple weeks of T15 because groups were wiping on some of the early bosses. Blizzard probably has an escape valve to prevent the system from deadlocking with in progress groups and only people who have completed finishing. Most of the time it probably won't be an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
You know i have trouble with all these claimes about que times. I do my LFR wed to fri spread out over the week, the longest que i have ever had in 5.2 is about 45 min. I have also only ever gotten 1 in progress. As for your idea for que just for fresh run the only way this would work is if it was only an option AFTER you compleated a run you joined in progress. As for accept/decline that's just dumb. Allmost know one would join a run in progress this early in the release.
Edited by Egram on 4/8/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's ALREADY ridiculously tedious to get fresh runs... I had to do animus 3 times before I finally got a fresh run on my druid the first day it released.

Just wanted to point out that this isn't normal, and it's almost always exclusive to the first week or so something new comes out.

It's already frustrating enough for an alt-aholic like me to run 6 x 90's through LFR every week but now with everyone bailing on the ToT raids after the boss that drops their weapon/trinket I can't even get all the ToT LFR's done per week, let alone trying to go back to 5.1 LFRs to backfill other slots and offspecs.

You're also not really intended to be able to run that many alts through anymore.
Edited by Arianity on 4/8/2013 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue

It definitely can happen unless it has been fixed recently, i think its more likely to happen if your role is really in demand (healer) or you are queuing up with a few friends.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So let's say this option was there.

You, OP, get in a fresh LFR run. But then someone halfway through decided to leave for whatever reason. Let's say that person was a tank.

Now every other tank has selected the option that you wanted will never help you finish your run.

See the problem?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
So you think this is a perfectly acceptable situation and that nothing needs to be done?
What needs to be done in that situation, is for someone who knows the fight to step up and explain to everyone what needs to be done to succeed. Since you are the one going crazy about repeat runs, you're a good candidate. When the system is not bogged down with in-progress runs and the LFR winnars are clearing them out better, there will be more fresh runs formed.

Whoops. OP has zero Animus LFR kills. If you can't even kill it once to help flush the queue, then you're definitely taking a backseat for fresh ones.

I get partial runs all the time. I have never failed to get a fresh run after completing the last boss, even during the hair-pulling days of Will/Garalon when LOTS of LFR groups were brickwalling at the 3rd boss.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
It happens, but it's rare. It's kind of a rock/hard place thing. If they guarantee a fresh run the next time you enter the queue, some groups will be waiting for that last tank/healer for ages. The point is there is no great solution here and it isn't as simple as the OP would like you to believe.

I have never had it happen. As a healer the system happily let me sit in queue for nearly 50 minutes waiting for my fresh run. Surely if it was failing it would have given up and shoved me into a run in progress.

As others have said the OP has zero dark animus kills so he is not even entitled to that fresh run.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

I've been having it happen quite a bit since 5.2, but never before. I think it's a consequence of trying to leave last tiers LFR relevant. The player base is spread out over 8 (soon to be 9) LFRs. There just aren't as many fresh runs building at a given time as in the past.

The OPs suggestion is terrible though. It would make runs very difficult to complete.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]