Don't like healing....

496 iLvl and it hit me today I hate healing as a paladin, is it just me or is Holy Paladin stale as all hell.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
496 iLvl and it hit me today I hate healing as a paladin, is it just me or is Holy Paladin stale as all hell.

Holy Paladin healing is very...Forward.

Everything you see is what you get, there isn't really anything below the surface on Paladin healing, and the most upkeep you need to do is worry about Eternal Flame rolling on your raid. Outside of that, there isn't too much depth to the class.

That said, if you don't like Paladin, I would recommend Shaman or even Mistweaver for a change of pace.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Maybe you really just hate your life. Think about it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And now you know why I didn't like paladin healing. It's just dull for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
And now you know why I didn't like paladin healing. It's just dull for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I enjoy it, maybe I'm an oddball. I like having to manage holy power and such. I also like being a holy warrior of the light. It's true it's not as stimulating as the others but I like using my hands to save people and other cooldowns as well to break up the monotony of worrying over eternal flame blanketing.

avenging wrath gives me wings.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I enjoy it, maybe I'm an oddball. I like having to manage holy power and such. I also like being a holy warrior of the light. It's true it's not as stimulating as the others but I like using my hands to save people and other cooldowns as well to break up the monotony of worrying over eternal flame blanketing.

avenging wrath gives me wings.

Avenging Wrath wings are pretty! they look like big butterfly wings.

(I read that as the redbull commercial sounds)

They're not too bad, really. I'll level one to cap at some point and try out some stuff on them just to know how they work.
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/10/2013 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I enjoy my paladin for the very simplicity that most people hate. It's nice to get away from stance dancing and shield juggling and just be laid back throughput machine. Granted... If he were my main, I might shoot myself from boredom.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing as a Holy Paladin is so much fun!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't like it and I'm bad at it :(

Going back to my priest when I can get him leveled and more-or-less caught up. I think 476 gear would be enough for me to be about as useful as I am on my pally. Sigh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I love Hpally healing to death. My main, and always will be a H pally. And trust me I've tried every other healer; levelled all but a priest (who's stuck at level 74) to at least level 85, and have a shaman at 90 and a druid at 86. So I'm not oblivious to how the other classes heal. They're fun, but they'll never beat healing as a pally to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a problem I face everyday. I'm 507 Ilvl with a serious raiding guild (or would be serious if people would show up everynight) and we raid 4 nights a week at 3 hours a pop. I'm friggin bored as hell. I'm way to afraid to say I'm bored of Hpally healing and wanna play my shadow priest cos I raid with a lot of real friends. I dunno what to do but I'm afraid I'm scaring myself away from WoW again. Either that or play ret but thats boring too lol. I'm in a predicament..

We have a powerful toolkit but it's way too binary to use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I have some pretty heavy Callous' from Guitar lol. It's not the amount of raiding I do, Hpally doesn't appeal to me anymore. I love raiding that much. Smashing through content is what I play WoW for. Just over my pally atm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
With the composition we got, H pally is the best option. So I either need to stick it out and risk burning out completely or find another so I can leave without destroying the raid team.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Just my personal opinion; it seems you're playing too much for the sake of your group. Having fun is the point of a video game in and of itself. You'll have a better experience if you do whatever you feel like doing the most at any given point in time, and if that includes placing a temporary hamper on your group, even if it consists of real life friends, I would do it anyways.They will find a new healer, and regardless of what some believe, healers are pretty interchangable. If they get a better geared/more skilled player than you, they might even be better offYour call though.

Good advice.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Warrior
With the composition we got, H pally is the best option. So I either need to stick it out and risk burning out completely or find another so I can leave without destroying the raid team.

If they are your friends they would understand. It's just a game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]