Durumu Maze broken? --Solved

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So its ultra easy.....then it just stops showing the safe zones... Is anyone else noticing this? Are we missing something?

edit: figured it out......it is stupid easy until the end.....you need to move at the last possible second.
Edited by Semi on 4/9/2013 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
No? I see massive hallways now on lfr, for the whole circle.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No? I see massive hallways now on lfr, for the whole circle.

I'm talking about normal, but I'm not sure if its the same in LFR.
Edited by Semi on 4/9/2013 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I never had any issues with the maze before.

This week the maze definitely feels broken.

The beam feels like it moves faster. IDK if it does or if the maze is just slower opening? But before it seemed like as long as you were running as the maze opened you didn't have any worries about the beam hitting you. This week it felt like the beam was right smack on my back.

At the very end of the maze phase the maze just halts & doesn't open a new safe path for a moment and the beam can easily catch you if u do not run into the maze! This was never ever an issue before.

Earlier I ran it on LFR & had no issues. The maze actually didn't feel any different to me on lfr idk. I never died to the maze last week on either of my chars in lfr though so idk.
But my complaint is about normal. I have killed this boss 3 times now on normal. The maze part was not this annoying before to me.
Edited by Isaboo on 4/9/2013 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I'm talking about normal, but I'm not sure if its the same in LFR.

ahh, havent pushed that far in for the week, disregard if it's normal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I never had any issues with the maze before.

This week the maze definitely feels broken.

The beam feels like it moves faster. IDK if it does or if the maze is just slower opening? But before it seemed like as long as you were running as the maze opened you didn't have any worries about the beam hitting you. This week it felt like the beam was right smack on my back.

At the very end of the maze phase the maze just halts & doesn't open a new safe path for a moment and the beam can easily catch you if u do not run into the maze! This was never ever an issue before.

Earlier I ran it on LFR & had no issues. The maze actually didn't feel any different to me on lfr idk. I never died to the maze last week on either of my chars in lfr though so idk.
But my complaint is about normal. I have killed this boss 3 times now on normal. The maze part was not this annoying before to me.

Agreed. Our raid team had no issues with the maze and then all of a sudden tonight we had pulls with 8 people getting one shot at the point where the maze halts. We figured it out after about 30 minutes but still......something feels broken at the end. It is almost like the maze comes to a halt and lets the beam catch up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

We noticed the same thing tonight. We had no issues whatsoever seeing the safe zones until the beam reached the starting point. Then the fog wouldnt disappear and you sorta had to 'guess' where to go for a few seconds before the maze disappeared.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

We noticed the same thing tonight. We had no issues whatsoever seeing the safe zones until the beam reached the starting point. Then the fog wouldnt disappear and you sorta had to 'guess' where to go for a few seconds before the maze disappeared.

Exactly....and the closer to the boss you are the worse the problem became because you had less room between you and the beam.
Edited by Semi on 4/9/2013 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Yes the beginning is alot better then the last 5 or so seconds it just stops opening up....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Procrastination in the maze is key

Though I really wished they would have just left it alone at this point
Edited by Felshifter on 4/9/2013 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Our raid tonight on Normal had these issues:

No path for melee, path for ranged.

No path for ranged, path for melee.

No path for either.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
path seems broken. It was a lot better before
our 25man meele group was forced to move onto the ranged path because path did not open for meele.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya the melee lane seems to kill people but I believe its moreso due to the following bug:

The very last tick of the maze clear isn't actually clearing it out until the beam is on top causing people to flee like lemmings from the beam into eyesores. <- This causes melee to seem like its totally closed off since melee operates in a tiny little space.

We killed it but we moved everyone to the outside lane and had to jump through the eyesores at the very end to dodge the beam taking a couple ticks in the process.
Reply Quote
The beam is faster thats why it seems like there's no room to go. The maze still clears a path at the same pace but with the beam moving faster, it makes you feel like it's tougher to see when really it clears out at the last second. You can see Durumu channel the laser for more than a full circle after it's actually supposed end because he circles around faster
Edited by Jetjaguar on 4/9/2013 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My raid team was raging about it.
We can at least deal with the 1-2 seconds eye sores on people before we all were on the safe path, but now its just being stupid.

The beam is faster thats why it seems like there's no room to go. The maze still clears a path at the same pace but with the beam moving faster, it makes you feel like it's tougher to see when really it clears out at the last second. You can see Durumu channel the laser for a few more seconds after it's actually supposed end because he circles around faster

Mainly towards the end of the maze phase, sometimes a path just doesn't appear and we end up cutting it too close with the beam.
Edited by Trollinhobo on 4/9/2013 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just adding in my experience and two cents as well. We had very similar problems tonight. Ranged usually takes ranged of course and there was 10-15yrds of eye sores before I saw the path open up right at the start and nothing cleared in the ranged area up till the beam killed us at ranged.

Realized it quickly the first pull and was able to make it to melee path in time but tested it out and stayed at ranged the 2nd pull and confirmed there was no path at all.. GG hot fix breaking what was relatively fine before after some practice.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
They broke something that we had on Farm and its beyond infuriating
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I give them credit for trying new mechanics. Sometimes innovation just doesn't work out though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They broke something that we had on Farm and its beyond infuriating

They broke it in an attempt to appease the LFR people who cried they had to pay attention ./shrug.

I'm honestly not surprised hearing that the supposed fix broke the fight for the actual raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]