5.3 PTR Story Notes [SPOILERS]

100 Tauren Druid
I mean why would the Alliance allow this without any fuss? I haven't seen any text/comments/dialogue showing Alliance outrage or even indifference or support about the dig site.

I'm almost positive this is going to go live without any sort of Alliance input on the matter.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
I mean why would the Alliance allow this without any fuss? I haven't seen any text/comments/dialogue showing Alliance outrage or even indifference or support about the dig site.

the simple answer is because they (blizz not the alliance) deemed it necessary to happen. Similar to the horde suddenly occupying the temple of the red crane or any other "why didn't X just Y?" question you could think of
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

"as they started" is still digging

I'm talking about not digging at all

"so uh, what are you doing with all these building supplies and heavy machinery"

Yeah I'm just curious why the Alliance just seemed to do nothing about this. I think it's cool the Horde did it they're asserting the painting the land red, but the Alliance supposedly supposed to protect pandaria from the Horde doesn't seem to care while the Pandaren do care.

Maybe we forgot we're at War?

Or we're focused on something else or something. I'm not sure. PTR is making it difficult to tell what happened recently and what's going on.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You act as if the Horde is any better in this capacity.

I would agree with the Horde acting in an illogical manner, but they can at least act in their own self interest, which is something denied to the Alliance.

"as they started" is still digging

I'm talking about not digging at all

"so uh, what are you doing with all these building supplies and heavy machinery"

Except if they weren;t digging, what would the Alliance be stopping? How would they be stopping nothing? How could they know to try and stop nothing?

They couldn't. For the Alliance to intervene, the dig had to start. The dig starting is set in stone.

Maybe we forgot we're at War?

Probably this. Alliance forces seem to forget the Horde is a threat ten minutes after watching them slaughter their brethren.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
I would agree with the Horde acting in an illogical manner, but they can at least act in their own self interest, which is something denied to the Alliance.

How is stopping the dig in the vale in anyway in the alliance's interest? (the remnants is not a valid answer)

Except if they weren;t digging, what would the Alliance be stopping? How would they be stopping nothing? How could they know to try and stop nothing?

They couldn't. For the Alliance to intervene, the dig had to start. The dig starting is set in stone.

As I already stated, its very easy to tell when someone is about to undergo a large scale digging operation

EVERYTHING MUST BE BIAS
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's highly likely we're nitpicking way too much at this stage of the PTR. I'm wagering we're busy on EK and Kalimdor.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
How is stopping the dig in the vale in anyway in the alliance's interest? (the remnants is not a valid answer)

The Sentinels swearing to defend the Vale? Not allowing the Horde to gain power via Mogu artifacts?

As I already stated, its very easy to tell when someone is about to undergo a large scale digging operation

EVERYTHING MUST BE BIAS

Where does bias come into this?
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
Where does bias come into this?

your very first post in this thread is complaining that the alliance do not try to stop the horde because of metzen
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
your very first post in this thread is complaining that the alliance do not try to stop the horde because of metzen

My comments on Metzen's imagination or grasp of the story, you mean?
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
My comments on Metzen's imagination or grasp of the story, you mean?

If your comment meant "metzen won't let the alliance stop the horde" then that is a clear accusation of bias

If not, then my mistake and lets just stop this
Reply Quote
Thanks for doing this, Wreave.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
If your comment meant "metzen won't let the alliance stop the horde" then that is a clear accusation of bias

If not, then my mistake and lets just stop this

I honestly wasn't trying to infer that this was Metzen trying to cold shoulder the Alliance. :P I was pointing out he has a tendency to misplace the story, and lose track of it's bits.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thanks for doing this, Wreave.

You're welcome.

I'll try to answer any questions of fact that I see, but I'm not very far along in the quests.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Boy this thread escalated quickly.

04/10/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Wreave
Blood in the Snow is apparently meant to show Ally unifying. As you probably know, ally player (or xformed Horde player) help Varian and Moira defeat some trolls in the usual troll area in Dun Morogh. Supposedly there are Zandalari involved, but if it weren't for a few mob names and being told Zandalari are involved, you wouldn't know that.

The last boss is pretty clearly a Zandalari troll, with the 5.2 model and all.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

And he's all like, ZAANDALAR and stuff.

So, Frostmane are aligned with the Zandalari now, if there's any left.

So, we still only have the Darkspear and Revantusk.

*crosses fingers for Winterfang to be made canon and for the Horde*
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
What about Winterax?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
What about Winterax?

The Winterax are kinda all antagonistic. Like the Skullsplitter or Mossflayer.

The Winterfang were basically what the Darkspear and Revantusk are. A smaller, weaker tribe pushed to the edges of the civilization, only they were in Zul'Drak.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Yeah, we just kind of piss everyone off-take celestia's temples., have our glorious leader talk down to every subordinate trying to save him from his own stupidity, and have to put up with having our own faction do completely boneheaded moves entiirely (Hi Broken front.)

That you feel jealous that we get to be the plot devices is sort of funny.
Reply Quote
Is the Horde having a dig site near the Alliance really what this thread turned into?

Well I guess everythings being set up, but I am kind of surprised the way they are doing it... not in a bad way mind you I just saw it going down differently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm continuing to expand my first three posts -- mostly the one about Vol'jin/Barrens. I've run through the Horde side. I'll do Ally next when I have some time.

I'm pretty much limiting my lore-reveals to items that are relevant to Ally-Horde conflict, but obviously that covers a lot of crucial dialog/events. There is some other interesting stuff though. :)

Boy this thread escalated quickly.

Updated my post, thx.

PS: I've added a note about the location of the dig to the relevant post.
Edited by Wreave on 4/10/2013 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]