Courageous Primal Diamond isn't proccing

90 Blood Elf Monk
So I scored Courageous Primal Diamond today and have yet to see it proc from any of my spells.

Is this happening with anyone else?

EDIT: Need more testing, but I am now sometimes mysteriously casting an instant free smart surging when casting heals. Did they ninja change the proc?
Edited by Suzushiirou on 4/10/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I haven't gotten this yet, but are you sure it's not proccing? I don't know what the name of the actual buff you get is, but on the off chance you have not...have you searched for it in WoL?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have only four secrets >:(

Hateful RNG
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I've only tested fistweaving (literally just Jab->TP only) and then Soothing Mist. Soothing procs it immediately. Fistweaving doesn't proc it at all.

I haven't tested anything else, but this is basically what I expected. :(

Not a big fan of the proc though.

edit: Just used Renewing Mist and it procced immediately. SCK and Expel Harm did as well. I'm guessing Eminence healing just doesn't count; I wonder if it's similar for Atonement.

Gift of the Naaru procs it too. Hah.
Edited by Swaggle on 4/10/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Not sure about atonement. I didn't expect it to work with fistweaving though. The interaction with muscle memory would be insanely broken.

I don't have it yet myself (still 6 secrets to go), but our paladin said it's a 4 second buff when it procs, and it doesn't seem to be getting consumed by any heals for the duration? Apparently he was having a 10% uptime with it testing it out in LFR as well. If nothing else, provided we get lucky, that could be 3 free surgings during a proc along with the 3 chi that come with it. Probably not as good for us as some classes since our heals are split between mana and chi consumers, but I feel like it should still be better than the current metas regardless.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Atonement probably doesn't proc it either since it isn't a "beneficial spell" bu

Not sure about atonement. I didn't expect it to work with fistweaving though. The interaction with muscle memory would be insanely broken.

I don't have it yet myself (still 6 secrets to go), but our paladin said it's a 4 second buff when it procs, and it doesn't seem to be getting consumed by any heals for the duration? Apparently he was having a 10% uptime with it testing it out in LFR as well. If nothing else, provided we get lucky, that could be 3 free surgings during a proc along with the 3 chi that come with it. Probably not as good for us as some classes since our heals are split between mana and chi consumers, but I feel like it should still be better than the current metas regardless.

Atonement shouldn't work either since the spell being cast isn't beneficial. It might proc on buffs though. And actually I can see it being really nice for us-free surgings-I'll take every one I can get? Possibly allow glyphed uplift (although that would still be iffy from a chi burn standpoint and depend heavily on the uptime).

9 secrets to go...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
So apparently the bug here is that the wrong spell is firing for certain people- monks who glyph surging mist will get the SM proc I got last night; unglyphing it will make the proc clearcasting as it's supposed to be.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Oooh. Well, that's unpleasant. Good to know.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I got mine this morning, and it is definitely proccing the 4 second mana free proc. The proc is called "Clearcasting". It does appear that you need to be in combat for it to proc though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I got mine this morning, and it is definitely proccing the 4 second mana free proc. The proc is called "Clearcasting". It does appear that you need to be in combat for it to proc though.

It procs instantly for me out of combat.
The issue is it's apparently bugged if Surging Mist glyph is used.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I actually think I like the bugged proc better, since a glyphed surging is arguably the best thing to use the proc on anyway.
Reply Quote

The proc says "on beneficial spell", not "on heal", so I'd guess that the heal has to definitely be a heal and not an offensive spell that procs healing, because offensive spells aren't categorized as beneficial spells.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Am i crazy for possibly wanting the crit spell haste gem for disc?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Not crazy, no. If you're doing a lot of Atonement, the mana gains wouldn't mean as much, and the spell haste would make for nice throughput gains both directly and through Train of Thought's Penance cd reduction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

You're not alone, especially after reading what I've read here, but I've been thinking about it all along. I'll probably get both metas so I can put one in one helm and one in another... but I'm not sure. I'll probably just end up getting the dps one first. haste proc will be nice and the crit is good for disc anyway!

For holy, without a doubt I feel the clearcast proc would be much better.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Curious if you got any further on this Suz? I spent most of my morning tracking its proc, setting up a WA but didn't get a chance to mess with the glyphed surging.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I got a confirmation from twitter atonement will proc clearcasting. But i am still on the fence on whether to get the intellect meta with free mana or the crit and haste.
Edited by Loratabb on 4/11/2013 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Doing some LFR testing with it, it appears to have about a 10% uptime. The regen value of that is completely staggering; it essentially reduces your mana expenditure by 10% across the board. A conservative estimate of the regen value (this is class specific - classes with free heals will be lower) is around 3200 mp5.

To give you an idea of how strong that is:
-The regen is at least twice as strong as the regen from the heroic version of the Horridon trinket
-The regen value is about equivalent to what you would get from 2 Resto Shaman with 15,000 Spirit dropping MTT on CD in your raid
-It is significantly stronger than Shard of Woe was in T11/T12

You'd have to map out your typical expected mana expenditures to theorycraft a regen value for different classes, but unless Shaman mana expenditure is just way higher than everyone elses'; this thing is going to outstrip anything else in a meta slot by a mile, and probably let you gear out of 4000-5000 SPI.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
The weird surging mist proc thing has been fixed; I'm proccing clearcasting when glyphing surging now.
Doing some LFR testing with it, it appears to have about a 10% uptime. The regen value of that is completely staggering; it essentially reduces your mana expenditure by 10% across the board. A conservative estimate of the regen value (this is class specific - classes with free heals will be lower) is around 3200 mp5.

To give you an idea of how strong that is:
-The regen is at least twice as strong as the regen from the heroic version of the Horridon trinket
-The regen value is about equivalent to what you would get from 2 Resto Shaman with 15,000 Spirit dropping MTT on CD in your raid
-It is significantly stronger than Shard of Woe was in T11/T12

You'd have to map out your typical expected mana expenditures to theorycraft a regen value for different classes, but unless Shaman mana expenditure is just way higher than everyone elses'; this thing is going to outstrip anything else in a meta slot by a mile, and probably let you gear out of 4000-5000 SPI.
It's 1.4RPPM, scaling with haste, so your average uptime should be 1.4 * 4 / 60 = 9.333333% (repeating, of course) multiplied by your haste.

Another thing I didn't realize until I played with the proper proc myself- unlike most clearcasting procs, it's not consumed by the first cast; you get free spells for the whole 4 seconds. Depending on your class/the situation this might come out to the same thing, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It procs off of Inner Fire and Inner Will being put up. It also apparently procs from the first volley of offensive Penance, but not from the other two or HF/Smite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]